What do your friends think about Muse?

micaelams

I converted one of my friends who lives in Australia, and kept bugging her to get tickets to BDO in Sydney (which didn't happen, seeing as her mom took her out of the country somewhere) ...her brother's the other muser in her family, and he's in London (?) or something...AND he managed to see them at Leeds (I think)!! :)

Only one of my old schoolmates is a fan (actually it is a girl I never expected to be a fan of good music at all ahemnerdahem. She got to know them when she was an au pair in France and her host dad gave her two tickets to a show...lucky much? :LOL:).

The others mostly go "uh, well, it's so HARD. With all the guitars and stuff"...yer friends, I knew you all are rather embarrassing. You don't have to prove it :facepalm:

A lot of my "online" friends are fans as well though, I met most of them due to music anyway :happy:

I've got a bit of a mix:

-Who?

-Yeah they're ok I guess.

-Eww they're emo!!

-OMG I love Uprising and Supermassive Blackhole...and even Knights of Cydonia :stunned:

-MUUUUSEEEEEEE!!!!! (this particular person considers herself a big fan, even though she's only really heard SMBH, Starlight, MotP once and of course, Uprising)

-I like them, they're alright, but Butterflies and Hurricanes IS amazing, I'll give them that!!

-They're a bit pretentious. :indiff:

Most of my friends love pop and country, even some rap. :facepalm:

But I've gotten them to like a few songs; I Belong To You (Because I listen to it constantly :LOL:), Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, and Supermassive Black Hole.

However, I completely converted one of my friends into a Muser, and she likes all of the good classic Muse songs like Plug In Baby, Megalomania, Cave, etc.

Well, most people I know either are already Muse fans in varying degrees. One of my roommates was like, "I love his voice, it's so pretty!" when I introduced her to them and I was like :dance: since that seems to be the main turnoff to the uninitiated.

The only person I know that I've talked about Muse with that didn't like them said that he thinks they're good, but it's just not his kind of music. He also doesn't really like the way Matt spreads the lyrics over long notes most of the time (He loved I Belong to You and Who Knows Who though :chuckle:)

-Muse? :wtf: Ohhh that Twilight band! Yeah, they suck." :facepalm:

I don't mind the people who only like one of Muse's songs. It's nice to know that they know at least one of their songs. :happy:

-"I hate Muse"

Me- "Why?"

"Because they suck bawls" :facepalm:

I don't have any die-hard Muse friends. I have one friend who is a casual fan, we cover Muse songs on the bass and drums. :LOL: I got an 9 year old into Muse (I secretly added Muse songs/videos to his PSP) That's about it. :)

well, in my case i have NO muser friends... (except of the one in the threads :awesome: ) and, one time when i was in a taxi with some of my friends i put plug in baby and one said:ewwwwwwwwwww emo band!this song is like for cutting your veins!!!

another said: yay! twighlight band! (and thats when i got in a looooooooooooong argument with her:mad: she really pissed me off)

and i have this one friend that is super obsessed with KoC but everything else is ''ok'' to her... but she is the only one of my friends with who i can watch funny muse videos and she laughs (she loves ''sit the fuck down'' because she likes slipknot )

and.... my mom loves muse so here im pretty much alone...

My friends back where I used to live love Muse. Infact if I count.. I can count 9 people off the top of my head :p including my cousin (who majorly got me into them a few years ago, he can play a shitload of Muse songs on guitar, I think he has videos of him playing them up on youtube somewhere..) and 4 of my friends went to the Dublin gig. I couldn't cuz my dad wouldn't let me. :facepalm: I haven't met anyone who is a big Muse fan where I live now though. The people I've made friends with here want to go and see JLS :stunned::facepalm:

I've got 3 friends that actually like Muse(although I'm by far the most addicted). The other guys and girls barely know them. I actually succeeded in getting someone into listening/playing Muse, which I ofcourse liked. Unfortunately he didn't like other songs (which I totally love) and stopped listening after a while. And thus I still remain alone with my brother as real addicts :(

In fact none of my friends really like muse. My best friend bought the BH&R-CD as a christmas present (for me :awesome: ) and started listening to it - at last she said she really loved Starlight and a few other songs were okay, too. She didn't name City of Delusion or Assassin so I think she easily ignored them. Don't know why we're still friends :D usually she listens to 'The All-American Rejects" and this shit. So, she often mentions that muse just 'aren't her music'.

An other friend of mine told me she found muse 'interesting' and asked me to show her my favorite song of them. I started playing Stockholm Syndrome (Oh, I adore it!) and she started trying to get off me. But as soon as Undisclosed Desires started... you know what happened, don't you?

Next there is a boy in class 6 who usually is in the same bus as me when I get home. My little sister often talks to him and once she started a little argument about music. He stated he was a Slipknot-Fan (he is in the 6th grade, what did his parents do wrong in his education?) and wanted to know what I was listening to. Then he took my earphones to see what my iPod was playing (uh, he got Micro Cuts) and asked me what crap music this was. I answered "Sit the fuck down!" just to see his reaction, but he didn't get the joke. What a twat.

Mostly my friends just ask "Who?!" when I mention Muse, but I don't mind.

(And now I've discovered my English must be very bad.)

Converted my mate to Muse just in time, so she was able to come to the O2. I used to go on and on about them during the first year of Uni; she paid no attention. Then finally she said she downloaded some of their stuff, and loved it! Now shes a massive fan. Not at the level of posting on forums yet though :LOL:

Guest Octazooka
In fact none of my friends really like muse. My best friend bought the BH&R-CD as a christmas present (for me :awesome: ) and started listening to it - at last she said she really loved Starlight and a few other songs were okay, too. She didn't name City of Delusion or Assassin so I think she easily ignored them. Don't know why we're still friends :D usually she listens to 'The All-American Rejects" and this shit. So, she often mentions that muse just 'aren't her music'.

An other friend of mine told me she found muse 'interesting' and asked me to show her my favorite song of them. I started playing Stockholm Syndrome (Oh, I adore it!) and she started trying to get off me. But as soon as Undisclosed Desires started... you know what happened, don't you?

Next there is a boy in class 6 who usually is in the same bus as me when I get home. My little sister often talks to him and once she started a little argument about music. He stated he was a Slipknot-Fan (he is in the 6th grade, what did his parents do wrong in his education?) and wanted to know what I was listening. Then he took my earphones to see what my iPod was playing (uh, he got Micro Cuts) and asked me what crap music this was. I answered "Sit the fuck down!" just to see his reaction, but he didn't get the joke. What a twat.

Mostly my friends just ask "Who?!" when I mention Muse, but I don't mind.

(And now I've discovered my English must be very bad.)

:(

My friends...well, they shake their head at me when I go into a Muse frenzy, usually after I hear their songs or after I see Matt's face. :LOL: I have a few friends who are into Muse, and one of them actually came to school wearing the same black Atticus jacket that Matt has. :eek:

Most of my friends used to hate them, but I'm slowly brainwashing them :ninja:

One of my friends says Matt sings like a snake :erm:

I've converted a Girls Aloud fan, but she still likes Girls Aloud :facepalm:

Two friends already liked rock, so I converted them like straight away.

Another friend said she tried to listen to Muse, but couldn't get into the music.

And two are going to the LCCCCCCCCC with me in September. One of which is obsessed with Dom, and a guy who I swear fancies Chris :chuckle:

Most of my friends used to hate them, but I'm slowly brainwashing them :ninja:

One of my friends says Matt sings like a snake :erm:

I've converted a Girls Aloud fan, but she still likes Girls Aloud :facepalm:

Two friends already liked rock, so I converted them like straight away.

Another friend said she tried to listen to Muse, but couldn't get into the music.

And two are going to the LCCCCCCCCC with me in September. One of which is obsessed with Dom, and a guy who I swear fancies Chris :chuckle:

:chuckle: a guy that fancies chris... well, at leat its a guuy with good tastes :D

they start chanting "Goth".

What the f*ck? Muse? Goth? Seriously? xD

Haha, some people are like that with me. I've got a few friends who love 'em - 2 of them went to a couple of gigs with me. Some of my others friends love Twilight so they like Supermassive, Uprising etc. etc. and people who are like 'Muse are shit!' normally say it to wind me up :LOL:

My brother and my cousin love them. My closest friends as well. One of my friends who is actually more into R 'n B said that lately her favourite song is Uprising and she loves Knights of Cydonia. Actually all my friends accept my obsession but one friend doesn't although he likes Hysteria. I went to see Muse in October and I told him that I was really excited and that I'm looking forward to see them. He got really upset why I was that happy about it. He wanted to fight with me about it but I justd remained cool and told him that he should calm down and let me do what I want. Still don't know what his problem was but I didn't care either that much ;)

Archived