Pick u up or put you down???  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick u up or put you down???

• Makes me feel good
    • I feel like crap any way O_o

+1. :LOL:

I made it a day before I was going away for half a month, expecting pages of insults :p

But I stand by saying it's not as bad as alot of people say. But I do get a little annoyed when people say it's a fantastic song. My friend thinks it's the best Muse song ever :facepalm:

I really like this song, it makes me feel good ahah :LOL: No, anyway, that's just a good song, that's all ! Hate this and I'll love it.

I get a Heart attack each time i've heard songs like Starlight, Invincible, Endlessly, Guiding Lights or Uprising, that's just my opinion and i don't force people to hate theses songs. We all have differents tastes, that's all !

(sorry for my approximative english... i'm just a french fan... i do my best ;) )

I guess some people just don't like Muse becoming popular because of a cover, so they try to dismiss it as something quite poor. Some people use the excuse that it doesn't fit the OoS album, but in reality it was only included on the album because of its popularity with fans at the time and it actually breaks up the melodrama towards the end of the album, before it gets all boring.

I really like this song, it makes me feel good ahah :LOL: No, anyway, that's just a good song, that's all ! Hate this and I'll love it.

I get a Heart attack each time i've heard songs like Starlight, Invincible, Endlessly, Guiding Lights or Uprising, that's just my opinion and i don't force people to hate theses songs. We all have differents tastes, that's all !

(sorry for my approximative english... i'm just a french fan... i do my best ;) )

I just think its a bad song.

I keep on thinking you're the same people because your avatars are similar, and then get confused when I read your different opinions :LOL:

I guess some people just don't like Muse becoming popular because of a cover, so they try to dismiss it as something quite poor. Some people use the excuse that it doesn't fit the OoS album, but in reality it was only included on the album because of its popularity with fans at the time and it actually breaks up the melodrama towards the end of the album, before it gets all boring.

Feeling Good has been hated widely since 2006 on here.

I like it as a stand-alone song, I think it disrupts the end of OoS a lot and find it kinda dull live in shorter sets. It worked at Wembley because it was part of a trio of piano songs. As half of the piano section, it just doesn't go at all and seems like a waste of a spot in the set considering what they could play (on this tour a really good reworked version of Cave, on other tours Sunburn, Hoodoo, Ruled By Secrecy, Apocalypse Please).

Covering Anthony Newley/Leslie Bricuse is a choice to be respected--especially for a singer like Matt. It reveals that he is is a musician to the core--not in it solely for the attention and the money. Newley was an extremely excentric and expressive stylist in his time: a sad clown symbolizing a sensitive soul on stage. The songs he and Bricuse made were beautiful delicassies. That Matt can appreciate this says a lot for him so many years later. David Bowie was another performer who, at one time, showed appreciation for Newley's excentric deliveries. (I can occasionally hear a little Mick Ronson in Matt's guitar-playing by the way.) Knowing that Matt listens seriously enough to quote from all kinds of music from all historical periods just makes me admire him all the more. Don't stop experimenting Matt--we love you for it! :)

• 2 years later...

They play it live because they think it's great and I think it was voted the best cover song of all time somewhere, and to be honest wouldn't you want to play your cover song live constantly if it was voted best ever? :D

Oh, I do really like the song by the way, but it's probably the worst on OoS (or maybe 2nd worst. ;) )

They play it live because they think it's great and I think it was voted the best cover song of all time somewhere, and to be honest wouldn't you want to play your cover song live constantly if it was voted best ever? :D

Oh, I do really like the song by the way, but it's probably the worst on OoS (or maybe 2nd worst. ;) )

But it's shit live. And it's not being played anymore (touch wood).

Archived