Hey all!!! The Baltimore Arena on 3/3 is the place to be!!!! So where are my fellow Maryland MUSE fans?? Anyone else going to the DC show as well? (errr, Fairfax...)? I'm so stoked they added this Baltimore show... definitely looking forward to hearing from some more local fan's. It's a nice change of pace to hit a band's forum, and under the "Baltimore/Md" Thread, there's a TON of responses... as opposed to Me... and then me again responding to myself a month later... lol. So show yourselves Muse's... Let's get the party started for March!!

-Adam

Hello. :)

I'm also going to the Baltimore show and the Fairfax show (And also New York too).

These will be my first Muse headlining gigs :awesome:. I am very surprised they're playing at 1st Mariner Arena, I really didn't expect they'd ever go there. (And it's super convenient, I only have about a 1/2 hour drive to there.)

I actually do some promotional work for I.M.P. who booked the Patriot Center Show. Here's an example of how this likely happened. (Because it is almost unprecedented, that a band would play DC & Bmore 2 nights apart, with Philly in the Middle). EXAMPLE. With the Muse show on 3/1 being scheduled, it would have been illegal to book a Baltimore show within 30 Day's of the D.C. show, because the venues are within 100 mi of each other (the EXACT #'s I don't recall, but these are "ballpark"). The only exception to the rule, which is really what makes this situation so rare, is if there's a FAST sell-out, a promoter in Baltimore could THEN promote a show in DC (for Baltimore), but generally you're not going to be able to book that Baltimore show, 2 DAYS LATER. You're going to have to book it a month or so later, probably. Obviously, Muse & their management had a fairly good idea they were going to be able to add a 2nd "area" show, knowing they'd sell out GMU in a day, so they left those open dates they've been filling in on the 95 Corridor.

I know that's very confusing. All that really matters, is that Muse is the only band I can think of that can sell out an ARENA fast enough to break the 100 mi Rule. Sure, a band could sell out 9:30 Club & then Book Ram's Head in Baltimore... but who the hell sell's out Arena's like that, these day's??? TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

-BTW, I'm obviously new here... It's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances... :D

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks on the insight for this. I go to tons of shows at the 930 club and Patriot Center, am on the mailing list for the 930 Club.

Interesting that this is so rare... I can see why though.

Hello. :)

I'm also going to the Baltimore show and the Fairfax show (And also New York too).

These will be my first Muse headlining gigs :awesome:. I am very surprised they're playing at 1st Mariner Arena, I really didn't expect they'd ever go there. (And it's super convenient, I only have about a 1/2 hour drive to there.)

Ahhh the NY would be sweeeeeet! Baltimore is wicked convenient. It's only about a half hour for me too. AWESOME! My first headlining gig's as well... going to be GREAT night's. And it'll be almost Spring. I'll be graduating music school not long after. Good stuff. I'm stoked. Now, we just have to get through the 2 most pathetic month's of the year (IMO). Gotta make it through hell to get to heaven sometimes, eh? :p Nice talking with you all!

-Ad

I just got my tickets for the Baltimore show today! I live in Fairfax, but unfortunately, I was unable to get any tickets during the DC101 contest for the Patriot Center =/ I called EVERY hour too =/ oh well, My boyfriend got me a ticket, so I'm REALLY looking forward to it. This is my first EVER concert so I'm REALLY excited

I just got my tickets for the Baltimore show today! I live in Fairfax, but unfortunately, I was unable to get any tickets during the DC101 contest for the Patriot Center =/ I called EVERY hour too =/ oh well, My boyfriend got me a ticket, so I'm REALLY looking forward to it. This is my first EVER concert so I'm REALLY excited

Congrat's Sorceress!! Not a bad way to start your concert career! Sound's like your bf is a solid dude, too. Making sure you're straight on this show. I do some promotional work for I.M.P., the company that runs/books 9:30 Club, Rams Head Live, and Merriweather Post Pavillion. They also have been booking the GMU Show's, including Muse. There hasn't been a SINGLE show in 3 years, that I had even the SLIGHTEST interest in seeing, that I was unable to get free tickets for.

*Enter Murphy's Law & it's nemesis Karmic Gravitation* Naturally, this time of the year being a "Downtime" in the Concert business, I haven't been promoting as regularly, or paying attention to who's coming to "Town". Muse is the last great band (RIGHT NOW), that I've never seen. Well, even with my contacts, I COULDN'T GET GMU Tix before it sold out (at which point they co-booked Baltimore, & it just made more sense to do the B-More show anyway).

I've spoken to my contact though re: Tickets to the GMU show, and I'm still holding out hope. Regardless, Baltimore is a DONE DEAL. Can't Wait!

~ I notice quite a few "First timer's" (Not referring to Muse but concerts in general), as I read through the post's. I'm QUITE surprised such a large number of you are just now seeing them Headline for the first time. I would've thought 70% of this board could recite their Tour Dates Past & Present, backwards in pig latin. JK ;) I'm playing around. Seem's like a good group of music fan's over here. Always a GREAT thing to see... And you can't do much better than catching the band universally regarded as the "Best Live Rock Band Around", for your first show ever...

(Long winded I know... sorry... not much going on right now lol)

I've heard from some people they've already gotten their tickets yet :erm:

I haven't gotten mine. Not even for the Fairfax gig yet...

has anyone going to this gig or the fairfax one gotten theirs?

The tickets will arrive within 48 hrs of the show. I know we want them ASAP, and sometimes it works out that way, but there's been times where the week of the show they came... not trying to jinx you, but I've yet to encounter that issue. Contact Customer Service & check and make sure everything's "Cool in the System". lol Good Luck

The tickets will arrive within 48 hrs of the show. I know we want them ASAP, and sometimes it works out that way, but there's been times where the week of the show they came... not trying to jinx you, but I've yet to encounter that issue. Contact Customer Service & check and make sure everything's "Cool in the System". lol Good Luck

i thought they were going to get to us at least one week prior to the concert date? I know ticketmaster is 48 hours, but the concertmaps (muse.mu presale) said it will be one week as i recall. So I'm sure it will be like February we get them?

Do you mean concertmaps or ticketmaster tickets?

I got my ticketmaster ticket for MSG last week, but I haven't heard anything about my baltimore ones. I also haven't heard anything about my concertmaps VA ticket....

Do you mean concertmaps or ticketmaster tickets?

I got my ticketmaster ticket for MSG last week, but I haven't heard anything about my baltimore ones. I also haven't heard anything about my concertmaps VA ticket....

Oh, if it's through Muse, I'm not sure the policy or procedure's. I thought you were referring to Ticketmaster. If you have any concern's, I would contact Customer Service. Especially while you still have plenty of time to straighten out any issues (God forbid there should be any)... I would contact Customer Service. With the Baltimore Show being added really late, I wouldn't be surprised if those tickets arrive later, but that's just a hunch...I'll quit rambling. Contact C.S.

-Good Luck...

-Adam

(BTW- Where in Maryland are the Marylander's on here from??)

Oh, if it's through Muse, I'm not sure the policy or procedure's. I thought you were referring to Ticketmaster. If you have any concern's, I would contact Customer Service. Especially while you still have plenty of time to straighten out any issues (God forbid there should be any)... I would contact Customer Service. With the Baltimore Show being added really late, I wouldn't be surprised if those tickets arrive later, but that's just a hunch...I'll quit rambling. Contact C.S.

-Good Luck...

-Adam

(BTW- Where in Maryland are the Marylander's on here from??)

I live in Elkridge, MD.

No, not yet. I haven't gotten my Baltimore (presale) or Fairfax (Ticketmaster) tickets but I have received my NY (Ticketmaster) ones. The Fairfax & NY ones have been deducted from my bank acct though.

I don't understand why the VA one isn't here, since it was ordered through Ticketmaster first. :confused:

I'm more of a DC area Marylander than a Baltimore Marylander... I'm all about Montgomery county. So of course the Fairfax gig would have been more convenient. I have tons of free metrorail money and I could of used that to get there instead of hitching a ride, but unfortunately tix sold out before I could get a chance to snag any... but I guess luckily enough they sold out fast enough for them to add another date, so I guess it was sort of an lose/win situation for me, if that makes any sense. And this'll be my first concert ever, so I'm pretty excited. Got seats this time around, I don't think I'm in the right mentality to be in the pit... plus I'm kind of short. I figure I'll have a good time in any case.:happy:

I'm more of a DC area Marylander than a Baltimore Marylander... I'm all about Montgomery county. So of course the Fairfax gig would have been more convenient. I have tons of free metrorail money and I could of used that to get there instead of hitching a ride, but unfortunately tix sold out before I could get a chance to snag any... but I guess luckily enough they sold out fast enough for them to add another date, so I guess it was sort of an lose/win situation for me, if that makes any sense. And this'll be my first concert ever, so I'm pretty excited. Got seats this time around, I don't think I'm in the right mentality to be in the pit... plus I'm kind of short. I figure I'll have a good time in any case.:happy:

Well, I'm sure a lot of the "diehards" would think otherwise, but as someone who is also seeing their first Muse show(s), it seem's this Baltimore show was the hookup. Because some of us weren't dialed in enough to know about the DC presale etc.. and here I work for the company promoting the show!! Unfortunately, this wasn't my project. Anyway, we missed the boat on that, but I've seen quite a few say this is their first, and they were able to get in on the Bmore one... I'm still hoping to get Fairfax tix through work... but Bmore is Supermassive convenient for me... har har.

I've also noticed several people mention this being their first show ever by any band. Well, given Muses reputation already as the Best Live Act on the Planet, aren't you guys setting yourselves up for YEARS of performances that just WON'T quite be as good as the first time??? Setting the bar high!! lol I'm JK. It's awesome you guys can see them as your first show. Though, there's going to be some truth to that statement lol Just listening to H.A.A.R.P. (not even watching it), I know that... and I've seen every big band from the 90's on that you can think of... so I'm QUITE curious...

I actually do some promotional work for I.M.P. who

I know that's very confusing. All that really matters, is that Muse is the only band I can think of that can sell out an ARENA fast enough to break the 100 mi Rule. Sure, a band could sell out 9:30 Club & then Book Ram's Head in Baltimore... but who the hell sell's out Arena's like that, these day's??? TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

-BTW, I'm obviously new here... It's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances... :D

thank you for this info

i started thinking they did it deliberately, to be on the safe side, and announced the second show near DC after they see how well VA show sells.

i think it screws a lot of people from MD who wanted to see them and bought VA tickets6 but now may not afford to go to both show or to see the show that is closer to them

Does anyone know if there are any tickets still available on Ticketmaster for this show? I can't get to a computer right now and I can't pull up Ticketmaster on my phone. My friend said she'd want to go if possible.

Not sure if you've since gotten an answer to this, but I still checked and looking for a single ticket I was able to get 100 level seats, but not GA...

Not sure if you've since gotten an answer to this, but I still checked and looking for a single ticket I was able to get 100 level seats, but not GA...

Hey, thanks for looking. :D

I wasn't able to check yet. I did talk to my friend though and I don't think she wants a GA ticket (she's not up to standing in line all day long like me lol) but I think she might want a seat.

Hey, thanks for looking. :D

I wasn't able to check yet. I did talk to my friend though and I don't think she wants a GA ticket (she's not up to standing in line all day long like me lol) but I think she might want a seat.

Ah, then in that case it doesn't look like getting a single seat would be too hard to do at this point so she should be ok :) Just as a note, when I put in best available it gave me something in the 200s, then I selected the lower level and found a seat there...

what time is everyone who is planning to get the barrier planning on getting there??

I'm thinking of sometime between 7am and 9am. But I'm not sure yet. I'm guessing it kind of depends on the weather too.

I will have to look into parking for all day nearby. I'm not sure if maybe there is a lot that you can park there all day for like $20 or $30.

Archived