Progress of making a Mattocaster guitar myself.

Delorean

Which wood for the neck ? (and why)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which wood for the neck ? (and why)

• Curly Maple
    • Birds-eye Maple

I would definitely drop one of the fuzz knobs, IE. the gate knob, which i personally barely touch if ever, which would free up some space :)

then you could have that, plus the volume knob on the inside of the guitar as trimpots :happy:

Personally I would like to keep all four (volume at the back as trimpots,as well).

I still think losing the gate knob would be an acceptable compromise and would de-clutter it quite a bit...

Plus at least not having it in there to start, means you could at least then add it in if you REAAAAAALLY felt like you needed it, but if you put it in and pretty much never use it, all it is doing is taking up space...

I like a big ass, but sometimes you're not sure just how big that ass is until you're up close. Say you're walking down a high street, looking for a newsagents that sell miniatures so you can try and drink away your hangover. You see what LOOKS like a hot big ass a few hundred yards down the road. In a sweaty stupor you stumble towards it, hypnotised by it's gentle sway, until realise your terrible error. Only 50 yards into your journey you're stopped in your tracks, panicking with sheer disgust. You just didn't get the scale lol?

lol can't believe i missed this

All sorted with the sustainer driver pick up :happy:

Nice and chrome. Should look good with the mirror.

nice. what did you do about the neck/truss rod issue?

holy shit. awesome looking job on the sustainer! how'd you manage that? just sand off the paint?

No,no,no.I have taken of the black cover and sprayed it chrome (4 layers).Although I did sand off the paint on the metal parts.

Luckily it turned out good...

then i'd chrome them. what's your instinct?

edit:

fuck. that's a lot of knobs. are they all really necessary?

The problem is that the sustainer switches are fixed on the board,duno how I'm going to paint it,but I agree that it would be better all chrome :happy:

Those are the four fuzz knobs,two behind the bridge and two next to the sustainer switches and the jack.I wanted to have four of them on the guitar,as I dont see the fuzz factory very useful if only two are on the guitar.:rolleyes:

If you dont like the look,where should I put them?

If you want a full usable fuzz factory, why not keep it on the floor. From looking at the your images it looks like a hell of a lot of wood is routed out. A guitar with a floyd rose and very little wood left in the body isn't going to sustain well at all.

I'd focus on building a good quality instrument and worry less about filling it with gimmicks.

If you want a full usable fuzz factory, why not keep it on the floor. From looking at the your images it looks like a hell of a lot of wood is routed out. A guitar with a floyd rose and very little wood left in the body isn't going to sustain well at all.

I'd focus on building a good quality instrument and worry less about filling it with gimmicks.

Thats why I buy a sustainer :p

I understand,but I wanted it to be holowed out anyway,so why not put the two fuzz knobs in.

Well you definitely don't want to have the sustain on the whole time you're playing. Why do you want it hollowed out?

At the end of the day you can do as you like, but it's much more important to focus on the instruments build quality and acoustic properties than the stuff you are putting inside it.

Well you definitely don't want to have the sustain on the whole time you're playing. Why do you want it hollowed out?

At the end of the day you can do as you like, but it's much more important to focus on the instruments build quality and acoustic properties than the stuff you are putting inside it.

My friend has got a hollowed out guitar with a floyd rose,and I really like its unique sound. Dont know why,just like it.

Archived