Progress of making a Mattocaster guitar myself.

Delorean

Which wood for the neck ? (and why)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which wood for the neck ? (and why)

• Curly Maple
    • Birds-eye Maple

I like a big ass, but sometimes you're not sure just how big that ass is until you're up close. Say you're walking down a high street, looking for a newsagents that sell miniatures so you can try and drink away your hangover. You see what LOOKS like a hot big ass a few hundred yards down the road. In a sweaty stupor you stumble towards it, hypnotised by it's gentle sway, until realise your terrible error. Only 50 yards into your journey you're stopped in your tracks, panicking with sheer disgust. You just didn't get the scale lol?

still looks off. this is mine, traced from the mansons gallery of the m1d1:

4r29hd.jpg

In the first pic: The first one is the one I did first.The second one is yours.:happy:The third is similar to yours but I have changed the ass a tiny bit as I thought that it is a bit square ish on yours.

In the second picture: Its just the third but bigger.

x_5d89d7d6.jpg.0e6ed8687aa87b9a916a5d0608c3a5bc.jpg

x_0d10046b.jpg.50dd74b672007e96093f4af7baeb9918.jpg

In the first pic: The first one is the one I did first.The second one is yours.:happy:The third is similar to yours but I have changed the ass a tiny bit as I thought that it is a bit square ish on yours.

In the second picture: Its just the third but bigger.

do like...

You'd get better results by gluing the mirror on first, then flush routing it to size. If you get it pre-cut to the perfect size and you stick it even 1mm off centre it'll ruin it.

then he had better stick it on dead centre :LOL:

I've got this problem.

I have bought the FSK-401 (single pick up driver),and it is black. I new that but never thought about it. I've seen some guitars that are covered with mirror and have the black driver,it looks horrible.

Is there any solutions to this?Or will I just have to leave it as it is? ;)

thanks

I've got this problem.

I have bought the FSK-401 (single pick up driver),and it is black. I new that but never thought about it. I've seen some guitars that are covered with mirror and have the black driver,it looks horrible.

Is there any solutions to this?Or will I just have to leave it as it is? ;)

thanks

Cover the pickup with a very thin sheet of mirror acrylic.

Thats what I've got so far.

I'm stuck with the knobs placement...:(

Can you guys help.

I'm having 4 fuzz knobs. 3 knobs from sustainer (tone,volume and sustainer intensity). Killswitch and a 3-way pup selector.

This is the one I did,isnt very good. So I need some advise.

x_db4a8250.jpg.d7f91275a1f12e6eb482794df0f7ac25.jpg

I would definitely drop one of the fuzz knobs, IE. the gate knob, which i personally barely touch if ever, which would free up some space :)

then you could have that, plus the volume knob on the inside of the guitar as trimpots :happy:

Archived