I'm 5'4", so shortish. And I'd definitely like to be able to jump around and be as close to the band as possible. As long as I can hear the music and see (to some extent) the band, I'll be happy.

I'm 5'4" also and I just move around if someone gets in the way of my view. :)

I think just the focus being put on survival is scaring me. But anyway, excitement is back on :D

It should scare you enough to take pwopa precaution!

Oh...and when everyone jumps...FUCKING JUMP WITH THEM!!!

They usually jump to the rhythm of the music. The experience of being in the middle of hundreds of people jumping at the same time is just :awesome:

It is also less painful if you jump along. :LOL:

Sometimes you find yourself jumping even without trying!

What happened?

This girl arrives at 4pm with about five other people, and everyone makes a big deal about them. The girl said she had been in line at 7am, but had to go to work. I got there at 10am, and she wasn't there all day. We start fighting with her, and the security is called, and the guard sides with me based on my logic that if a person is gone for nine hours, that does NOT constitute a saved spot in line. It's okay if you're gone for an hour (because it was hot that day, even I needed to go inside a business to cool off). And then all the people who I had bought popscicles for (I didn't know them) were completely on my side. Everyone was on my side except for the people who had cut in line. We were irritated because we had been under the direct sun all day, so we weren't having any of that. There's a difference when one person joins someone, but it's another thing when five-ten people jump to the very FRONT of line, thinking that they are entitled to it.

It was sweeeeeet watching her and her friends march angrily to the end of the line. :awesome:

So when you're in the pit, is it possible to like, enjoy the actual music?

Yes. Don't bring a camera then so you won't be distracted.

Hmmmm. Well, last night, I went to the show in Seattle to watch Muse. My friend and I were at the barrier and we were getting pushed and crunched up against the barrier wall. Cool, was totally expecting that. Had a MAJOR death grip with my entire body on the barrier. Then this girl next to me comes up and slowly tries to pry me off with her elbow then her legs. She was trying to crawl in front of me basically. Then I saw her tell her family to shove toward me to squeeze me out of my spot (I only had half of my body on the barrier at the time). Eventually, as soon as Muse started actually, I was fully pried off. Then, she started working on my friend and tried to move her.....honestly I don't know what her problem was. She was like "I miss a whole day of school for this...so I should get best seats in the house." Can't wait to see her living on the side of the street instead of getting a proper education. :LOL:

Was this something normal? Or something rude?

If the Phoenix camp will have a cooler, I'll bring some popsicles too :happy:

Oh...and when everyone jumps...FUCKING JUMP WITH THEM!!!

They usually jump to the rhythm of the music. The experience of being in the middle of hundreds of people jumping at the same time is just :awesome:

It is also less painful if you jump along. :LOL:

This is pretty much reason I got the floor tickets :awesome:

I'll have to control my head banging to avoid injury though:LOL:

Hmmmm. Well, last night, I went to the show in Seattle to watch Muse. My friend and I were at the barrier and we were getting pushed and crunched up against the barrier wall. Cool, was totally expecting that. Had a MAJOR death grip with my entire body on the barrier. Then this girl next to me comes up and slowly tries to pry me off with her elbow then her legs. She was trying to crawl in front of me basically. Then I saw her tell her family to shove toward me to squeeze me out of my spot (I only had half of my body on the barrier at the time). Eventually, as soon as Muse started actually, I was fully pried off. Then, she started working on my friend and tried to move her.....honestly I don't know what her problem was. She was like "I miss a whole day of school for this...so I should get best seats in the house." Can't wait to see her living on the side of the street instead of getting a proper education. :LOL:

Was this something normal? Or something rude?

What a cunt. Getting pushed out of the way because of others being squashed towards you is typical. Someone prying you away is fucked up. I hate people. Some fuckers in back of me were trying to push me out of the way. One guy even kicked my foot a few times. I turned into the Hulk and elbowed them to keep my spot.

If the Phoenix camp will have a cooler, I'll bring some popsicles too :happy:

That's guaranteed. I ALWAYS bring a cooler for long waits, always. Bring a bag of ice as well, if you can. You'd be surprised how much of a life savor ice can be!

Our camp we had for a Franz Ferdinand gig back in April.

3288_72609743014_571228014_1769080_1495489_n.jpg

Our camp we had for a Franz Ferdinand gig back in April.

I'm gonna bring my Muse/Franz bum cushion again!

so, yeah, this thread has basically scared the crap out of me... thanks for that :p

:LOL:

You'll survive just fine because of this thread!

I'm even going to start exercising again.

What a cunt. Getting pushed out of the way because of others being squashed towards you is typical. Someone prying you away is fucked up. I hate people. Some fuckers in back of me were trying to push me out of the way. One guy even kicked my foot a few times. I turned into the Hulk and elbowed them to keep my spot.

Oh. I absolutely agree. I wanted to be violent and punch this girl straight in the face, but security was right there,so I didn't want to get kicked out. I did call her a few foul names and my friend spit in her frizzy grizzly bear hair. Haha, if it were a guy trying to push me away and stepping on my foot, I WOULD shove my foot up his ass for sure. :LOL:

You'll survive just fine because of this thread!

I'm even going to start exercising again.

I'll be alone... that's part of what scares me... and i'm not that big. So, i'll make an effort to get to the barrier, and if I can't, I'll be standing (hiding, even) aaaaaallllllll the way at the back trying not to get killed! ;)

I'll be alone... that's part of what scares me... and i'm not that big. So, i'll make an effort to get to the barrier, and if I can't, I'll be standing (hiding, even) aaaaaallllllll the way at the back trying not to get killed! ;)

Start exercisiiiiing!

Oh. I absolutely agree. I wanted to be violent and punch this girl straight in the face, but security was right there,so I didn't want to get kicked out. I did call her a few foul names and my friend spit in her frizzy grizzly bear hair. Haha, if it were a guy trying to push me away and stepping on my foot, I WOULD shove my foot up his ass for sure. :LOL:

You should have told security! I told the guy to fuck off and that he wasn't taking my spot. I also yelled at 3 little kids who were pushing me on purpose.

Start exercisiiiiing!

You should have told security! I told the guy to fuck off and that he wasn't taking my spot. I also yelled at 3 little kids who were pushing me on purpose.

Security weren't doing shiet about people pushing their way and such. I tried forcing all of my weight on her (all 113 lbs) when everyone was pushing forward as well. Didn't really work.

:LOL::LOL:

I believe those three kids deserve a good butt whoopin'!

Start exercisiiiiing!

Most definitely, tell security! If you have been on the rail since the beginning, the security guards will most likely threaten to pull out anyone that tries to force you off the rail. I have seen several people kicked out for doing what this person did.

Which reminds me, if you are on the rail, make nice with security directly in front of you. They will definitely look out for you and prevent this sort of thing. Some security dudes are super sweet!

This girl arrives at 4pm with about five other people, and everyone makes a big deal about them. The girl said she had been in line at 7am, but had to go to work. I got there at 10am, and she wasn't there all day. We start fighting with her, and the security is called, and the guard sides with me based on my logic that if a person is gone for nine hours, that does NOT constitute a saved spot in line. It's okay if you're gone for an hour (because it was hot that day, even I needed to go inside a business to cool off). And then all the people who I had bought popscicles for (I didn't know them) were completely on my side. Everyone was on my side except for the people who had cut in line. We were irritated because we had been under the direct sun all day, so we weren't having any of that. There's a difference when one person joins someone, but it's another thing when five-ten people jump to the very FRONT of line, thinking that they are entitled to it.

It was sweeeeeet watching her and her friends march angrily to the end of the line. :awesome:

:shifty:

:LOL:

:awesome:

first time in the pit ducky? i know you likes teh magical little man...but chris's side is way :cool:

:yesey:

when i'm at the barrer i get myself the elbow space and i make sure i keep it. it's great for bracing low with your elbows and bent knees when the crush starts. gives the soft bits some space...and you have room to put your head down when the surfers gotta go over your head. bruises there aren't as harmful as say, your sternum...if you're short :awesome:

Start exercisiiiiing!

:LOL: that'll never happen ;)

BUT I live in a 3rd floor apt, work on the third floor of a building where the bathroom is on the second floor.... i spend 90% of my life running up and down stairs, so my legs are strong and I should be able to brace myself well. I'm just short (5") so if I'm not at the front, not only will I not be able to see, but I may not be able to breathe if everyone is pushed in on top of me, so I'd have to retreat to the back/side.

EDIT:

first time in the pit ducky? i know you likes teh magical little man...but chris's side is way :cool:

first time at any gig ever, actually... i'm not really a "concert goer" but with these shows i decided screw it, i gotta try it, you only live once.

And yeah, I'm way too scared to go to Matt's side of the stage, as much as I'd like to be there, so I'll probably aim for middle to right....

I actually worked out for the first time since summer a couple hours ago. I figured I should just start now.

I love how I look so intimidating that people don't mess with me or try to take advantage of me. :happy:

I'm a little blond girl :$

first time at any gig ever, actually... i'm not really a "concert goer" but with these shows i decided screw it, i gotta try it, you only live once.

Me too, I can't believe I'm going in the pit for my first real concert.

Fahreal, I need to start running bleachers if I want to survive jumping for hours.

Good good! Arms, as well. That's what I need to do. I walk tons at school so my legs are good to go. Arms, not so much.

Aye, I may be flabby, but I am completely fit to handle a rough gig. :LOL:

:awesome:

Security weren't doing shiet about people pushing their way and such. I tried forcing all of my weight on her (all 113 lbs) when everyone was pushing forward as well. Didn't really work.

:LOL::LOL:

I believe those three kids deserve a good butt whoopin'!

Grrrrrrr. Stupid security.

They did! " *death glare* STOP PUSHING." "We weren't!" "I JUST SAW YOU."

Most definitely, tell security! If you have been on the rail since the beginning, the security guards will most likely threaten to pull out anyone that tries to force you off the rail. I have seen several people kicked out for doing what this person did.

Which reminds me, if you are on the rail, make nice with security directly in front of you. They will definitely look out for you and prevent this sort of thing. Some security dudes are super sweet!

:yesey: We made friends with the ones in Mesa. They gave people around us water.

:LOL: that'll never happen ;)

BUT I live in a 3rd floor apt, work on the third floor of a building where the bathroom is on the second floor.... i spend 90% of my life running up and down stairs, so my legs are strong and I should be able to brace myself well. I'm just short (5") so if I'm not at the front, not only will I not be able to see, but I may not be able to breathe if everyone is pushed in on top of me, so I'd have to retreat to the back/side.

Woohoo!