stuartrushforth

hi,

what leads do i need to connect a guitar to a kaoss pad,

i know theres a line in on the front,

but what special leads are needed to connect it to the back of the pad

think its called a search lead.

:p

You can get the red/ white ones to a guitar jack.

1/4" Lead in to the Mic input

I wouldn't reccomend that lead though, it distors REAL easily, and it's almost impossible to get a clean sound. I would get an adapter and get a 1/4" to stereo (red andw hite) line in, and line out with the red and whites, and adapt it to the 1/4" again.

You get a much better quality sound.

First of all, the connectors on the back are called RCA or phono, second of all, just use a mono one to input. Use a mono on the output also if you're plugging into an amp or a mono pedal.

You can pick these leads up most places, but somewhere like Maplin is likely to be your best bet. Also, if you're planning on going straight into the Kaoss Pad from the guitar, a jack to phono adapter would most likely be better, or even a really short lead with a jack extension slot and a single RCA the other end, a little more secure than a straight adapter. Doesn't matter so much with the other, as long as it's long enough.

Also, bear in mind that the Kaoss Pad sounds wank for guitar effects.

Nice helpful post there ^^

Hi, could someone tell me what's the name of the effect that Matt uses in "Forced in" live on his kaoss pad and do you know if this effect exist also on the KP3?

I just looked on korg's website and it says the kp3 has 128 newly developed effects programs on it so there probably won't be the exact same effect, but there will probably be a very similar one.

iirc it sounds like hes sampled his own voice and is using the kp pad as a controller for a vocoder using the voice sample... maybe? :stunned:

I checked both KP2 and KP3: The "forced in" voice effect is in the Kp2 (Matt put a bit more delay than the regular setting ) but it's not on the KP3...

• 3 months later...

Right here we go..

I currently have a KP1 (Soon recieving a Mini KP), and I was wondering something the other day. When Matt uses his kaoss pad, he obviously isn't playing anything on the guitar, and when he touches the pad, an effect still comes out.

Now, when I touch the XY pad, no sounds come out, UNLESS there is a sound coming through it (i.e. from a mic or my guitar). So, the only way I can use the kaoss pad is when I hit the strings, and then play with the pad for the few seconds that the noise is being amplified.

Now, I can get constant use of the pad if I put my fuzz factory through it, while it is oscillating/squealing, but unfortunately, this is rather annoying, as when I stop touching the pad, i get the squealing, which was nice at first, now crap.

So, my question is: Is there any way I can use the pad and get noise from it, without having to put a noise through it, like the oscillating fuzz factory? I'm guessing there is no way of doing it, as I guess that the kaoss pad is only capable of manipulating sound that is actually going through it, but in this case, how does Matt do it live?

Thanks very much!

(Sorry to waffle!)

Right here we go..

I currently have a KP1 (Soon recieving a Mini KP), and I was wondering something the other day. When Matt uses his kaoss pad, he obviously isn't playing anything on the guitar, and when he touches the pad, an effect still comes out.

Now, when I touch the XY pad, no sounds come out, UNLESS there is a sound coming through it (i.e. from a mic or my guitar). So, the only way I can use the kaoss pad is when I hit the strings, and then play with the pad for the few seconds that the noise is being amplified.

Now, I can get constant use of the pad if I put my fuzz factory through it, while it is oscillating/squealing, but unfortunately, this is rather annoying, as when I stop touching the pad, i get the squealing, which was nice at first, now crap.

So, my question is: Is there any way I can use the pad and get noise from it, without having to put a noise through it, like the oscillating fuzz factory? I'm guessing there is no way of doing it, as I guess that the kaoss pad is only capable of manipulating sound that is actually going through it, but in this case, how does Matt do it live?

Thanks very much!

(Sorry to waffle!)

when matt does it live in both of his kp guitars he has fernades sustainer curcuit on which picks up the slitest movment on the strings and amplifies the sound it would normally make so u can hear the effects it makes

when matt does it live in both of his kp guitars he has fernades sustainer curcuit on which picks up the slitest movment on the strings and amplifies the sound it would normally make so u can hear the effects it makes

very occasionally, yes, but usually its just one of the synth voices

And so to simulate that, get a behringer bass limiter enhancer and place it on extreme settings before the KP.

• 4 months later...

ok i know i make alot of topics but dont flame me.

So, i was thinking about getting a kaoss pad mini, would get a 3 but as i am only going to be using to fuck around with my guitar i didnt see the point of spending more. I was wondering, what do i need to set it up? Are there cables i need? Also i saw somewhere that you need a preamp? Will it not work if i put it into my setup with my other pedals and no preamp?

Please explain.

ye u will need to get a preamp and i think the cable you need is a rca to um guitar 1/4 jack, not too sure though...

uhh im pretty sure theres gonna be alot of flaming since you have made like 3 topics on the kaoss pad..

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!!!!!!:fear:

ye u will need to get a preamp and i think the cable you need is a rca to um guitar 1/4 jack, not too sure though...

uhh im pretty sure theres gonna be alot of flaming since you have made like 3 topics on the kaoss pad..

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!!!!!!:fear:

i see where would i get a cheap preamp?

Archived