stuartrushforth

eerm, maybe it's so he can control it from his guitars that he spend thousands on getting specially made so he could use it with a kaoss pad perhaps? :rolleyes:

jesus christ i fucking know! If you read up then maybe youll know what were talking about.

there is no infa red going on, it's a wireless MIDI unit, if that's not what you're on about I give up :rolleyes:

no its not.

Im wondering why there is a midi in (in know its his guitar smart arse) + a half line in and a half line out.

no its not.

Im wondering why there is a midi in (in know its his guitar smart arse) + a half line in and a half line out.

it's the left in and the left out ie; mono

edit; like you get some stereo effects you can run mono, you get right and left/mono

he is using that concept

it's the left in and the left out ie; mono

edit; like you get some stereo effects you can run mono, you get right and left/mono

he is using that concept

but why midi in and line in? and why mono?

ok, NOW you make no sence :p mono because most guitar effects are mono so stereo is pointless and MIDI is needed to control it.

You say why line in and midi in as if the do the same job! :confused:

yeah but if youve got mono in from a guitar, the pad puts out stereo effects, so most patches are wasted! I was guessing only his midi from the guitar went in there not the guitar lead as well.

there is no infa red going on, it's a wireless MIDI unit, if that's not what you're on about I give up :rolleyes:

I was referring to an interview with Muse where Matt was going on about some infra-red thing, completely off topic what I said about that.

What me and Keys are getting at is why is Matt only using mono, just seems a bit of a waste, if you have a setup like that, why isn't set up for stereo???

How?

I'm really confused to how you think it works now, MIDI can't take audio, it only tells things what to do.

The Guitar sound goes in to the Kaoss Pad while the X+Y pad on Matt's guitar controls the parameters of the Kaoss Pad.

sorry if that's insulting your inteligence but I'm not sure wht else you could mean :unsure:

I'm really confused to how you think it works now, MIDI can't take audio, it only tells things what to do.

The Guitar sound goes in to the Kaoss Pad while the X+Y pad on Matt's guitar controls the parameters of the Kaoss Pad.

sorry if that's insulting your inteligence but I'm not sure wht else you could mean :unsure:

Yeah i knew that, but what i meant is that not all would be wasted. I put my guitar through the kp2 then into the amp and not all patches are wasted, some that have stereo features like panning dont work, the rest do tho..

Yeah i knew that, but what i meant is that not all would be wasted. I put my guitar through the kp2 then into the amp and not all patches are wasted, some that have stereo features like panning dont work, the rest do tho..

:LOL: how do you confuse someone so much??

it sounded like you were saying that the MIDI is taking the guitar audio to the kaoss pad meaning there was no need for the audio in :LOL: no

:LOL: ooh right! No i thought it would be set up so the pad on the guitar went into the kp2, and the line from the guitar would just go to his effects. So was confused as to why there was a line in and a midi in, but only a line out

ahhhh!! I see!!! haha no that would be mental controlling his entire rig from his X+Y :LOL: nah he's still got his all access for all the rig setings.... good idea though :LOL:

No man! Jus to control the KP2 haha im going to stop talking, i think im confusing everyone including myself :LOL:

just wondering is this what jhonny greenwood (radiohead) uses to make Thoms voice go all strange when they play everything in it's right place?

Yep, Radiohead are the reason I want one, I'm sure it's the same for Keys aswell.

By the way, Matt could just be using the X-Y pad to control settings, afterall, that's what his ribbon controller done and they both work in the same way.

Yep, Radiohead are the reason I want one, I'm sure it's the same for Keys aswell.

By the way, Matt could just be using the X-Y pad to control settings, afterall, that's what his ribbon controller done and they both work in the same way.

:$

no.. :unsure:

lol

Archived