So Excited! This show will be so different from Aragon a few years back. I'm expecting a lot of newbies who wont even know the best version of Muse from the Origin days.

My group and I intend to go Twihard-spotting. :LOL:

So me and my best friend were going to go together. We had GA tickets and were planning on lining up VERY early because damn, i need barrier!

Well her grandpa just passed away and she needs to fly out and attend his funeral.

So I have an extra GA ticket that will most likely be going to a random friend for free. I'm not even going to sell it - i just can't. To me, its such an amazing show that to profit from it would be wrong.

Anyway, if for some reason the person I end up going with can't meet me in line until later, I hope to see you guys there! And please, PRETTY PLEASE, if i happen to be next to you in line and am alone, will you hold my spot for me so I can use the bathroom? :D being there all day without being able to go will be quite the challenge.

CANNOT WAIT!

...and then I read this and now I must book tickets for the rest of the North American tour :D In all seriousness, the only thing stopping me is the likelihood that their set list will not be changing anytime soon, at least in North America.

Oh, the setlist won't change, especially between "little" cities. I'm fully expecting to get a shorter and more basic setlist in Chicago, simply because Chicago tends to be a black hole for them. Save for this album, q101 never plays them, even after they HEADLINED Lollapolooza two years ago. Then again, they might do as big of a set as MSG because they want to impress. We'll just have to see.

Different songs or not, it's still a different show every night. I mean, Bells did the shuffle in Boston! He hasn't done that since Glasto 2004! And the energy is what is addicting. Incubus is my other favorite band and I've seen them twice and have no need to see them again, and it's simply the effort and energy put into the show. Muse care that you are paying $60+ for a ticket. They want to give you something for that. Incubus, I payed $90, wasn't GA, and their stage design consisted of light bulbs :wtf: Yes, the setlist was there and they did a fine job, but after seeing Muse I felt ripped off by Incubus. And more importantly, I don't have a desire to see them again. I think it's safe to say that I won't, whereas Muse, hell, I'll go where ever my dollar will take me.

Oh, the setlist won't change, especially between "little" cities. I'm fully expecting to get a shorter and more basic setlist in Chicago, simply because Chicago tends to be a black hole for them. Save for this album, q101 never plays them, even after they HEADLINED Lollapolooza two years ago.

Wow, lame. I've only been in the midwest 2 years now, and I've at least heard a bit of Muse played on various stations before The Resistance came out. Back when I lived in Rhode Island, though, Absolution got some play, and BH&R got more, but on my local stations they didn't seem to get as much play once the albums had been out for a few months.

I'm sure this will end up rocking nonetheless - I don't think anything can ruin it for me since I'm down on floor level ::knock on wood::. First Muse concert wooooo!

I hated it when Q101 updated their playlists to be so aggro, even in the middle of day. And they're still like that, but at least they dropped ManCow a while ago. It was a huge shock :eek: when their "Best songs of the Decade" New Year's-weekend-long shows, they actually played Starlight. :D I dunno why 105.9 Fresh FM can't include Muse on their playlists either. so, so lame ...

Oh, the setlist won't change, especially between "little" cities. I'm fully expecting to get a shorter and more basic setlist in Chicago, simply because Chicago tends to be a black hole for them. Save for this album, q101 never plays them, even after they HEADLINED Lollapolooza two years ago. Then again, they might do as big of a set as MSG because they want to impress. We'll just have to see.

Different songs or not, it's still a different show every night. I mean, Bells did the shuffle in Boston! He hasn't done that since Glasto 2004! And the energy is what is addicting. Incubus is my other favorite band and I've seen them twice and have no need to see them again, and it's simply the effort and energy put into the show. Muse care that you are paying $60+ for a ticket. They want to give you something for that. Incubus, I payed $90, wasn't GA, and their stage design consisted of light bulbs :wtf: Yes, the setlist was there and they did a fine job, but after seeing Muse I felt ripped off by Incubus. And more importantly, I don't have a desire to see them again. I think it's safe to say that I won't, whereas Muse, hell, I'll go where ever my dollar will take me.

q101 plays them occasionally, but definitely not enough. 102.1 in Milwaukee plays Muse pretty regularly. Uprising gets a ton of air time, Resistance gets played a lot, Knights is played occasionally, and even Starlight makes an appearance. I wish they would play something from Origin or Absolution, but you have to take what you can get.

So me and my best friend were going to go together. We had GA tickets and were planning on lining up VERY early because damn, i need barrier!

Well her grandpa just passed away and she needs to fly out and attend his funeral.

So I have an extra GA ticket that will most likely be going to a random friend for free. I'm not even going to sell it - i just can't. To me, its such an amazing show that to profit from it would be wrong.

Anyway, if for some reason the person I end up going with can't meet me in line until later, I hope to see you guys there! And please, PRETTY PLEASE, if i happen to be next to you in line and am alone, will you hold my spot for me so I can use the bathroom? :D being there all day without being able to go will be quite the challenge.

CANNOT WAIT!

Dude totally. My roommate and I will be there as well and we'll be pretty bored. What time are you going?

So, I just called the UC a second ago to ask about GA ticketholders and lining up. According to the Arena Management guy I talked to (probably just a basic customer service rep), no one will be allowed on property until gates open at 6PM.

I called Security, though, and they said that while that is technically true, "the sidewalks are free" - which I presume to mean not their jurisdiction - and that GA ticketholders could make their stand there if they chose. It sounded like they're not entirely used to dealing with people lining up to get to the barrier, so it's altogether likely that any lines that have formed for concerts past have all been on the sidewalks, and security doesn't worry about it until they're on UC property.

TL;DR - fans will probably have to form their own self-governed line on public sidewalks outside the UC before 6PM if they're gunning for the front of the GA section.

Keep in mind that the weather is supposed to be rainy in the afternoon - if you're lining up early, bring something to keep you dry (umbrella, coat, poncho, tarp, trash bag, etc.). It's also going to be a bit cool (45-50 F), so layer a bit to keep warm. Nothing ruins a good time like wet drawers and hypothermia!

Well, it's definitely the energy of the show that got me hooked and from which I've been having withdrawal symptoms, which is why I was maybe three clicks away from spending $500+ for a flight to/from Chicago plus a show ticket. Still, there are eight songs I still need to cross off my must-see-live list and if there isn't a chance to even knock one of those off, I really can't spare half a grand at this point… I am, however, going down to South America for a few months starting in May, and I'm crossing my fingers for Muse to announce a flurry of shows there soon…

So Excited! This show will be so different from Aragon a few years back. I'm expecting a lot of newbies who wont even know the best version of Muse from the Origin days.

That would be me i'm afraid. I've been listening to muse for years but i wish i would have seen them live back then. At least i can start seeing them now i suppose. See you all tomorrow.

anyone have any idea how the timing of the concert will break down? I'm trying to figure out when it'll end given the fact that it's suppose to start at 7:30, and whether or not there's an unannounced opener before SSPU. I'm thinkin it'll end around 11. Thoughts?

anyone have any idea how the timing of the concert will break down? I'm trying to figure out when it'll end given the fact that it's suppose to start at 7:30, and whether or not there's an unannounced opener before SSPU. I'm thinkin it'll end around 11. Thoughts?

As far as I've heard there's nothing before SSPU... and they are VERY punctual.... And from what I've gotten from tweets from other shows I imagine it will end around 11 or 11:30.... but I could be wrong.

Dude totally. My roommate and I will be there as well and we'll be pretty bored. What time are you going?

Am i crazy for wanting to go at 10 AM? I'll be there alone until my friend can meet up with me at 3 PM.

So i'll be there super early, super bored, and hopefully staying warm and dry. But its worth it!

I am nervous, though. I called United Center last week and the lady I spoke to said I can line up as early as I want. However i saw the other post about how someone had called and they had said that people will have to wait on the sidewalk. I just don't want to line up for 10 hours before the show to get pushed back from the barrier!

What time are you getting there?

It seriously blows me away to hear that this is going to be a person's first Muse show. I don't know why, but it just does. Then again, my Muse virginity was raped from me by the two day orgy marathon known as Wembley, so to each their own.

This will be my 6th Muse show, 4th GA. But as I was telling my friend today, be prepared to become addicted. One show will never be enough. Hell, I just saw MSG, going to Chicago, and I started looking at Nashville and Phoenix tickets the other day, frantically calling friends and family to see if they will let me crash with them for a night. You will not believe what you just witnessed, so you will need to see it again. I should have been satisfied after Wembley, but it only made me want to see them even more. It doesn't get old. Be prepared for something life changing.

Not to get too dramatic :LOL:

This will be my first Muse show, only found out about them fall of 2008 thanks to my teenage son. I already feel addicted ....

:phu: they really need to come to the Twin Cities then, 89.3 The Current plays them every so often, they even have MK Ultra in their catalog. And then I won't need to go broke getting my next fix:)

Just arrived at my sister's suburban 'estate":rolleyes: yeah, we have a bit of income disparity and OMG it's actually spring here! bits of snow left sure, but the grass is GREEN. I left Minnesota this morning in total greyness, dirty snow, rain, fog, bleah, and then just south of Madison it started to change:happy:

it's actually spring here! bits of snow left sure, but the grass is GREEN. I left Minnesota this morning in total greyness, dirty snow, rain, fog, bleah, and then just south of Madison it started to change:happy:

hope to run into you, tamale!

I'm still planning on bringing some sandwiches or whatnot for those camped out on the 'sidewalk' maybe by around 4p-4.30? good time for a snack if the doors open at 6 maybe? in all the calls to the UC, was there any news on when the parking areas would actually be open?

:phu: they really need to come to the Twin Cities then, 89.3 The Current plays them every so often, they even have MK Ultra in their catalog. And then I won't need to go broke getting my next fix:)

So true! The first time I heard "Uprising" was back in August while I was streaming The Current. The track ID wasn't updating, though, so I just sat there like, "Is this... could it be...?!" And it was!

Also on lining up - I'm guessing that the UC has some experience with attendees lining up early; I think they just have to spout policy over the phone. And pics of the center look like the sidewalk is RIGHT THERE by the main entrance so if we all are civilized we should be able to have some semblance of a fair line.

Hey guys! WE WANT TO FIND OTHER MUSERS AT THIS CONCERT. Mwahaha. Me and my friend will be wearing neon pink leggings with things about Dom written all over them, with matching neon headbands. Also the MUSE symbol written on our faces...ill be in a black and pink muse shirt..heh i WANT TO MEET SOME MUSERS. we're in section 111...hope to see you guys there! right now we're prowling the chicago streets looking for matt and dom...hehhe see you all there:D

Archived