Call the UC and find out what time we are able to line up. At MSG, we got there at 9am and as soon as there were more than 15 of us, they made us leave, so we had to wait across the street until 1pm. It sucks to get there and get all settled in only to be told to go away because the venue isn't ready yet. One of the guys was there since midnight and lost his place because they made us scatter.

they do have a guarantee, but they also tell you to inspect the ticket when you get it. Not knowing quite what I might need to look for, I emailed the United Center to double check, I'd rather find out sooner than later, but it doesn't looks suspicious at all, I'm just being anal.

Eh, that's a legitimate concern though. Better to be safe than sorry.

Call the UC and find out what time we are able to line up. At MSG, we got there at 9am and as soon as there were more than 15 of us, they made us leave, so we had to wait across the street until 1pm. It sucks to get there and get all settled in only to be told to go away because the venue isn't ready yet. One of the guys was there since midnight and lost his place because they made us scatter.

What is the advantage of getting there at 9am? I cant see it guaranteeing front for GA when theres still an opening band. or is it just to talk to muse fans?

What is the advantage of getting there at 9am? I cant see it guaranteeing front for GA when theres still an opening band. or is it just to talk to muse fans?

I don't really get what you mean. What does an opening band have to do with anything? You get in and you stand there through everything. Less people in line in front of you = a better chance of being on the barrier. Unless I'm completely missing your point.

anyone get will call? did anyone win them from Q101?

I won 2 tix from Q101 but I haven't heard anything yet about them. I got a voicemail from Kevin Manno last Monday that the promotions dept would call me early this week to give me all the info. I don't even know if they're seated or GA. I don't get cell reception at work so if I don't hear anything from them by tommorow afternoon I'll give them a call. I was hoping I could pick up the tickets the day before or something because I'm giving them to some friends who won't be able to get there until late in the afternoon due to work. They are huge Muse fans but couldn't afford tickets so I'm glad I was able to help them. I plan on lining up early for a good GA spot and I don't want to lose my spot in line to pick up the tickets- and then what if they're running late or they start letting us in before my friends get there? I'm also freaking out wondering when we're going to find out who gets to meet Muse. That's the only reason I even tried to win since I already had my tickets from the presale. If I don't get to meet them before the show I am up for some after-concert stalking :D.

I don't really get what you mean. What does an opening band have to do with anything? You get in and you stand there through everything. Less people in line in front of you = a better chance of being on the barrier. Unless I'm completely missing your point.

idk getting there at 9am and being forced to listen to every song of the opening band, so basically no bathroom breaks, food breaks or anything because of fear of loosing your spot. It sounds like alot of work. i didnt realize the lengths some people go to get close in the pit.

idk getting there at 9am and being forced to listen to every song of the opening band, so basically no bathroom breaks, food breaks or anything because of fear of loosing your spot. It sounds like alot of work. i didnt realize the lengths some people go to get close in the pit.

you might also be interested in this thread :DGA/pit what to expect http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=69344

Ok so back in December in Vegas there was this deal where if you ate at a certain resturant the day of the concert you could get your receipt stamped and get in the VIP line! Anyone heard of any such thing for Chicago??

That's just all part of the experience for me. I was in line for 9 hours at MSG but I had my best friends with me, met some amazing people, and had so much fun only to be topped off by being on the barrier, right in front of Matt, and having him recognize us from the stage. You do everything in shifts, so it's not like I didn't move for 9 hours. It's not for everyone though. Go ahead and get there when you want, but just don't expect to be up front if you show up at 6pm.

For those afraid of having to use the bathroom, here is the answer:

http://www.roadbag.de/english/

When nature calls and squeals ...

roadbag

We've all been there - situations in which we would give anything for a little relief. roadbag® is the answer to this problem.

Whether you're stuck in traffic or attending an open-air festival, on a camping trip or in a small plane - roadbag®, the go-anywhere urinal, offers relief no matter where you are.

roadbag® is safe, convenient, hygienic and easy to use.

The secret behind roadbag® are super-absorbent polymers: Special super-absorbent granules within roadbag® quickly absorb the urine and trap it, forming a gel. That means no dripping, no spills - and no unpleasant odours.

For clean hands once you're finished, a moist towelette is delivered with each roadbag®. Convenient and clean, from start to finish.

ladybag2.gif

its not like some crappy no name band is opening for them...the silversun pickups are quite good and were up for a best new artist award this year at the grammys...i really enjoy them

Damn it!! Looks like I won't be at the barrier for this gig. My tickets need to be picked up at will call. According to the UC's website you can't pick up will call tickets until an hour and a half before the show which would be 6PM. And guess what time they open the gate for GA? 6PM. Anybody know if you can usually pick up will call earlier than they say or are they pretty strict on that? I've never been to the UC before and I've never had to pick up tickets from will call for any other show.

For any other band I wouldn't care and that would be absurd. But for to see Muse as close as possible and being ten or so feet from Bellamy is all worth not eating all day and waiting out for hours and not moving from my spot as soon as I arrive.

Damn it!! Looks like I won't be at the barrier for this gig. My tickets need to be picked up at will call. According to the UC's website you can't pick up will call tickets until an hour and a half before the show which would be 6PM. And guess what time they open the gate for GA? 6PM. Anybody know if you can usually pick up will call earlier than they say or are they pretty strict on that? I've never been to the UC before and I've never had to pick up tickets from will call for any other show.

Dont feel bad, I have GA tix in hand but my gf has to work until 5:30, Since I live in the burbs and it will be rush hour by then. I dont think Ill get there til at least 7pm.

Dont feel bad, I have GA tix in hand but my gf has to work until 5:30, Since I live in the burbs and it will be rush hour by then. I dont think Ill get there til at least 7pm.

I am just gonna get there when I get there. During and after Silversun Pickups people will move and shift and I am sure I can get a nice spot in the middle by the time Muse starts. I have no need to be on the barrier (and lets be honest, does Muse really want to see a 31 year old man on the barrier)?

See you all there!

I am just gonna get there when I get there. During and after Silversun Pickups people will move and shift and I am sure I can get a nice spot in the middle by the time Muse starts. I have no need to be on the barrier (and lets be honest, does Muse really want to see a 31 year old man on the barrier)?

See you all there!

don't know if they want to see a 50 year old woman either:LOL: anyhow, I want to be able to see THEM , hoping some awesome guitar sex happens right in front of me

Archived