I ordered from ConcertMaps and haven't gotten mine yet either. I got an email from them (after many numerous attempts) earlier this week saying they would be mailed in the next couple of weeks.

I hope they come sooner rather than later. I'll be glad once I get my tickets, because I had some problems with concertmaps getting my shipping address wrong. I had to email them with the correct address several times until they finally put the right shipping address. They kept saying I lived in alabama :wtf:

Got my MSG ones from Concertmaps yesterday, so Chicago should be coming next week :)

Are any of you thinking of taking the L in? And all those standing, what time are you thinking of getting in line? I'm really trying to figure out the best way to go about this day, as my friends are all being crap about it.

Got my MSG ones from Concertmaps yesterday, so Chicago should be coming next week :)

Are any of you thinking of taking the L in? And all those standing, what time are you thinking of getting in line? I'm really trying to figure out the best way to go about this day, as my friends are all being crap about it.

I'm not taking the L in, because I'm coming from Indiana, but I was planning on trying to get there by 12 or 1. I'm hoping that will be early enough to get to the barrier or close to the barrier. I'm not completely sure, because I've never been to a muse gig before :noey:

I'll feel so much better once I get my tickets, too, since concertmaps was giving me problems :fear:

I want to try and be up near the front of the line outside the venue so I can get to the barrier as quickly as possible, so I was thinking about lining up around 9 or 10 am. Is that too early/late for a US gig?

That makes me feel like I should get there earlier, but I'm already facing a 2 1/2hr drive :unsure::facepalm:

That makes me feel like I should get there earlier, but I'm already facing a 2 1/2hr drive :unsure::facepalm:

I'm driving down the day before, staying with my sister, not sure when I'm heading for the venue, still haven't quite given up on a GA ticket, but if I keep my seated one, I suppose I don't need to be overly early

I ordered from ConcertMaps and haven't gotten mine yet either. I got an email from them (after many numerous attempts) earlier this week saying they would be mailed in the next couple of weeks.

What's the email address? If you don't mind. I must be an idiot because I couldn't find it on the ticket site...probably concertmaps@"something".com or .net but I have no idea.

Never got an email from them but my credit card was charged and the order shows on my account online. Really rather have an email though.

What's the email address? If you don't mind. I must be an idiot because I couldn't find it on the ticket site...probably concertmaps@"something".com or .net but I have no idea.

Never got an email from them but my credit card was charged and the order shows on my account online. Really rather have an email though.

The email is info@concertmaps.com. If you want also, their phone number is 646-485-1314. Still haven't got my tickets. Just don't want it to be one of those things that comes through at the last minute, because knowing me, I will go ahead and buy outrageously priced tickets somewhere else, and then they will finally come in the mail the day before.

It really depends. For MSG two years ago, we got in line at 11 am and were right in front of Matt. At Lollapalooza, I didn't even go in unto 6 pm and got second row. For Wembley, people camped overnight. I plan on getting there around 9-10 am. Just remember to bring food and drinks with you, but don't drink too much so you don't have to go to the bathroom halfway through SSPU. Know what you can handle and listen to your body. It won't be worth sitting out all day just to pass out once you get inside.

It really depends. For MSG two years ago, we got in line at 11 am and were right in front of Matt. At Lollapalooza, I didn't even go in unto 6 pm and got second row. For Wembley, people camped overnight. I plan on getting there around 9-10 am. Just remember to bring food and drinks with you, but don't drink too much so you don't have to go to the bathroom halfway through SSPU. Know what you can handle and listen to your body. It won't be worth sitting out all day just to pass out once you get inside.

I've never been to the United Center before but a friend of mine was just there, and she said that there was parking right next to the venue. That should make things easier.

is anyone else still bitter about the botched ticket release?

yes :srsb33f: I'm pretty sure most people know they shouldn't just post up the presale codes, but some people did it anyway. when presale codes are posted here or any other internet site, anyone can use them :fear:

a thread's been started by some experienced Musers & concert-goers here: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=69344

even if you have been to shows before and are experienced yourself, this is really a great reminder of what to plan for, and what to expect once you get there.

I'm driving down the day before, staying with my sister, not sure when I'm heading for the venue, still haven't quite given up on a GA ticket, but if I keep my seated one, I suppose I don't need to be overly early

I wouldn't think so either! is your sister attending the show as well, or are you by yourself? (if you don't mind me asking - PM me if you want) we have seated reserved for this show. not 100% thrilled with the section .... but I'm going to suck it up and hope for late release.

have we moved on from all the food talk? :D

I won't be lining up gods early like some of you folk, but I would be happy to bring mini sandwiches or some other nourishment if I can find you in line!

quite a few folks have gotten a Resistance/ forum member shirt for those who really want to find each other http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=66642

and I am up for a Chicago Musers social ... it's a widespread area, and it's cold! shall I just pick a time and place and see who shows up?? how about Joy Yee in Chinatown ;) there's the Red Line and Parking options :LOL: though I know not everyone would like the food there

I've never been to the United Center before but a friend of mine was just there, and she said that there was parking right next to the venue. That should make things easier.

there is, but not sure how early the parking will open prior to the show?

maybe your friend knows more details, as I've never gone to a Blackhawks/ Bulls game or any concert, where we showed up as early as some of you plan to be there. the parking lots are gated and they will expect payment. depending on who owns the lot, and how close the lot is to the UC, parking can be +/- $20.

there is, but not sure how early the parking will open prior to the show?

maybe your friend knows more details, as I've never gone to a Blackhawks/ Bulls game or any concert, where we showed up as early as some of you plan to be there. the parking lots are gated and they will expect payment. depending on who owns the lot, and how close the lot is to the UC, parking can be +/- $20.

I'm not sure if she would know the details about parking because she was there for an Eddie Izzard show and didn't need to get there super early. I don't see why there would be any problem with parking early, though. Surely they'd be expecting fans to start lining up early.

I don't mind paying for parking, either. $20 wouldn't be that bad as far as parking in Chicago goes.

I wouldn't think so either! is your sister attending the show as well, or are you by yourself? (if you don't mind me asking - PM me if you want) we have seated reserved for this show. not 100% thrilled with the section .... but I'm going to suck it up and hope for late release.

have we moved on from all the food talk? :D

I won't be lining up gods early like some of you folk, but I would be happy to bring mini sandwiches or some other nourishment if I can find you in line!

quite a few folks have gotten a Resistance/ forum member shirt for those who really want to find each other http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=66642

and I am up for a Chicago Musers social ... it's a widespread area, and it's cold! shall I just pick a time and place and see who shows up?? how about Joy Yee in Chinatown ;) there's the Red Line and Parking options :LOL: though I know not everyone would like the food there

I offered to get my sister and other family members tickets but no one else wants to go, so I will be on my own and in my newly arrived Forum t-shirt!:happy:

I'd be up for a social ,too, unless it turns out Muse is giving us a chance to meet them before the show,an afterparty seem really doubtful given their schedule. Is Chinatown kind of close to the United Center? I've been away from the area long enough that I have no clue anymore

Thanks for this. :happy: I really have no idea what I'm doing with GA.

I offered to get my sister and other family members tickets but no one else wants to go, so I will be on my own and in my newly arrived Forum t-shirt!:happy:

I'd be up for a social ,too, unless it turns out Muse is giving us a chance to meet them before the show,an afterparty seem really doubtful given their schedule. Is Chinatown kind of close to the United Center? I've been away from the area long enough that I have no clue anymore

what :eek: they crazy?? they didn't want to go?? ok whatever :D when I mentioned a meetup, I meant for before or even after the concert (Blackhawks are doing decent this season, eh?) as for a meetup right before the show, that is possible, but I'll want to head down the UC at least a few hours early to check for late releases. not sure where your sis here is 'based', but here are the approximate locations of the UC and Chinatown according to google maps

UC_Chinatown.JPG.ade8818c386126a635a692013648e39c.JPG

what :eek: they crazy?? they didn't want to go?? ok whatever :D when I mentioned a meetup, I meant for before or even after the concert (Blackhawks are doing decent this season, eh?) as for a meetup right before the show, that is possible, but I'll want to head down the UC at least a few hours early to check for late releases. not sure where your sis here is 'based', but here are the approximate locations of the UC and Chinatown according to google maps

they are in S Barrington , don't know if that helps explain lack of Muse appreciation...

hmm, that does not look one could walk between those two, but I suppose I'll get my exercise in the evening!

Here's a parking map for the UC:

United_Center_Parking_Map_Default3.jpg

The green sections are for general parking and cost $20. Any of the other ones cost more and for the VIP, you have to request special permission or something :stunned:

I'm not an expert on Chicago, but from what I can remember, Chinatown is really south and not really near the UC. And the Red Line doesn't go to the UC, just the Blue, Pink, and Brown lines. Point being, I think Chinatown might be out of the way for most.

But, I'm not going to a meet-up if it's before, as I will be in line. I would be up for something after. I am hoping to meet a few of you in line! My friends have seat so they won't be coming in until later, so I'll be alone in line :( I won't have one of the fan shirts, but look for me near the front. I'll be wearing some crazy blue pants :happy: Maybe I should just make a sign with my name on it lol.

they are in S Barrington , don't know if that helps explain lack of Muse appreciation...

hmm, that does not look one could walk between those two, but I suppose I'll get my exercise in the evening!

well. S.Barr is near enough to Crystal Lake for them to (supposedly) gain appreciation maybe through the Smoking Popes (mainly local band these days) but who knows ;)

you'll have your car, you'll be fine. but like hysteria87 says, have cash for the parking. if you have a decent GPS device, even better to get around, but the signal gets wonky downtown with all the tall buildings. we're local and we still use a GPS all the time!

Here's a parking map for the UC

Great job, that!

But, I'm not going to a meet-up if it's before, as I will be in line. I would be up for something after. I am hoping to meet a few of you in line! My friends have seat so they won't be coming in until later, so I'll be alone in line :( I won't have one of the fan shirts, but look for me near the front. I'll be wearing some crazy blue pants :happy: Maybe I should just make a sign with my name on it lol.

hm, that's a possible, but we'll be plopping in the car and heading straight to Detroit after. we're too old for any real afterpary :LOL: planning to bring supplies to people we know in the line, so maybe we can find you that way. I will possibly have my forum shirt ... but if I decide not, for sure I will have my gunmetal sequin sneakers to find me by :happy:

Any and all line-sitting supplies will be greatly appreciated :happy:

Driving back to Detroit? Ugh, that is not a fun drive. Some friends and I went and saw the Chili Peppers in Detroit and my one friend had to be back by 10 the next morning to work. Hopped in the car and drove all night back. Had a good time at a Denny's in Lansing though :D

well. S.Barr is near enough to Crystal Lake for them to (supposedly) gain appreciation maybe through the Smoking Popes (mainly local band these days) but who knows ;)

you'll have your car, you'll be fine. but like hysteria87 says, have cash for the parking. if you have a decent GPS device, even better to get around, but the signal gets wonky downtown with all the tall buildings. we're local and we still use a GPS all the time!

I'm good with maps, very visual learner, so I don't need a GPS and good thing since I can't afford one! my sister and I have very different lifestyles

But after hearing some Musers' BDO experiences I am starting to think about trying again for a GA ticket, if someone can go for the barrier with a broken rib, I should not let minor middle aged complaints stop me!

Archived