Not to beat a dead horse (or horses, or hos:LOL:) but AchtungMuse is spot-on on his take on this matter.

Should start by an introduction. I'm a longtime Muser from New York. Name's Kevin. I somehow screwed up my initial board membership when I moved and got a new computer. Been meaning to re-register, have been following the Calgary thread for about a month as I almost went to that show (have Muse will travel). Was going to rejoin a few days ago when I read the drama over these girls but sickness and the desire to get the facts before posting put that off.

Anyhow, I have a friend from New York who is on tour with the band (no, he doesn't work for management). Curious, I called him their day off in Vancouver the other day to ask him what was what. After he finished laughing, he said "ya wanna know the whole story? The truth?'

Well, yeah.

The girl in question did win a contest to meet the band in, I believe Toronto (too many shows = Kev gets his cities confused). Saw her there briefly, it was a short meet and greet she was allowed to, she seemed on her best behavior. I was right there and she mentioned she was going to a bunch of other shows. The band - all three of them - said "nice, maybe we'll see you there on the barrier." No invites. No travelling with the band. Just meaningless pleasantries. For maybe five minutes.

But no, she showed up with a whole gang of friends for show after show after that. She got backstage to ONE other show and not by the band, the management or the crew. My buddy says they're almost certain a local stagehand got them in. Were favors exchaged? That seems to be the consensus.

Eventually after about a week these girls made such a nuisance of themselves that they had to be asked to go home. Not by the band or management - they're far too nice to do such a thing - but by an auxilliary tour personnel member.

As my buddy said "the problem with this band is, they're genuinely nice people, their whole entourage is ace, and they genuinely love their fans. They love it when people travel from date to date to see them. But groupies - that's another story. Matt despises them. Dom seems to have grown out of any past indulgence with them. Haven't seen them with ANY girls on this tour. And Chris is of course the ultimate family man. But then they get these disturbed girls who take a momentary pleasantry and twist it into a promise of a lifelong committment. And then they have to pull in the reins. It ain't the first time it happened, it won't be the last. They love meeting their fans too much. And when they saw her tweets, which were about 1/1,000th truthful, that sickened them even more."

Supposedly she even mentioned in front of Matt and Dom that she plans on having sex with one of the Followill brothers - any of them - at an upcoming KoL show. Nice.

Wow... psycho much? :LOL: Geeeez....

You know, it's people like that that make it difficult for normal fans to meet the guys. I mean, when they have to hide from all the psychos, normal fans (without stalking abilities) have no chance of ever meeting them.

Not to beat a dead horse (or horses, or hos:LOL:) but AchtungMuse is spot-on on his take on this matter.

Should start by an introduction. I'm a longtime Muser from New York. Name's Kevin. I somehow screwed up my initial board membership when I moved and got a new computer. Been meaning to re-register, have been following the Calgary thread for about a month as I almost went to that show (have Muse will travel). Was going to rejoin a few days ago when I read the drama over these girls but sickness and the desire to get the facts before posting put that off.

Anyhow, I have a friend from New York who is on tour with the band (no, he doesn't work for management). Curious, I called him their day off in Vancouver the other day to ask him what was what. After he finished laughing, he said "ya wanna know the whole story? The truth?'

Well, yeah.

The girl in question did win a contest to meet the band in, I believe Toronto (too many shows = Kev gets his cities confused). Saw her there briefly, it was a short meet and greet she was allowed to, she seemed on her best behavior. I was right there and she mentioned she was going to a bunch of other shows. The band - all three of them - said "nice, maybe we'll see you there on the barrier." No invites. No travelling with the band. Just meaningless pleasantries. For maybe five minutes.

But no, she showed up with a whole gang of friends for show after show after that. She got backstage to ONE other show and not by the band, the management or the crew. My buddy says they're almost certain a local stagehand got them in. Were favors exchaged? That seems to be the consensus.

Eventually after about a week these girls made such a nuisance of themselves that they had to be asked to go home. Not by the band or management - they're far too nice to do such a thing - but by an auxilliary tour personnel member.

As my buddy said "the problem with this band is, they're genuinely nice people, their whole entourage is ace, and they genuinely love their fans. They love it when people travel from date to date to see them. But groupies - that's another story. Matt despises them. Dom seems to have grown out of any past indulgence with them. Haven't seen them with ANY girls on this tour. And Chris is of course the ultimate family man. But then they get these disturbed girls who take a momentary pleasantry and twist it into a promise of a lifelong committment. And then they have to pull in the reins. It ain't the first time it happened, it won't be the last. They love meeting their fans too much. And when they saw her tweets, which were about 1/1,000th truthful, that sickened them even more."

Supposedly she even mentioned in front of Matt and Dom that she plans on having sex with one of the Followill brothers - any of them - at an upcoming KoL show. Nice.

:LOL: Thanks for clarifying this, so do you know why they started following her on twitter for a little while?

You know, it's people like that that make it difficult for normal fans to meet the guys. I mean, when they have to hide from all the psychos, normal fans (without stalking abilities) have no chance of ever meeting them.

This :(

I would love to meet them. And not even for the whole "OMG YOU GUYS ARE MYOOSE! LET ME HAVE YOUR BABIES!?!?!" psycho bit....

But so I can interrogate Matt on guitar playing, as its been an insane dream of mine to learn how to play and I've heard that he is self-taught.

And just to ask them general questions about touring and whatnot.. I mean they're still normal human beings, and it would be interesting to hear first hand how different touring is from real life.

Just the little bullshit like that.

I hate psycho fans now :mad:

Well, yeah.

Awww! I tell you what I hate even more about the groupies is when they latch on to any band. It's not about any particular person, but just shagging a rock star so they can boast about it and clock up some kind of ridiculous esteem out of it. I don't actually blame the guys for taking advantage though if it's thrown at them (not sure if that's a double standard) but obviously Muse aren't, from what you say, and to hear how they feel about it makes the behaviour of these girls all the more sickening.:(

I agree. Most of us are not crazy psychos. I would like to just say "Thanks for making such great music." Ask a question or two about guitar playing or writing music. But I would probably become mute if I ever saw or met any of the boys, so I would look like a complete idiot.

Great pics by the way, Wombat. I think I can see me in the pic from Calgary where you zoomed in on the floor. Well, I can see a mass of hair that I think is me. Love the pic of Matt using the speaker to shine light at people. The look on his face is classic.

My friend said to keep an eye on them to see exactly how dangerous they might be in the future by keeping track of their lies and delusions. It wouldn't be the first time they had to put restraining orders on overzealous stalkers, I guess.

And I've been lucky enough to meet them through my friend (although briefly) a couple of times. Nicer guys you wouldn't want to meet. Like I said, they DO love their fans - I think Matt in particular. Always have an extra moment for a true fan or a normal person. Don't let these isolated incidents keep you from meeting them if you can. They're smart fellas - talk was on the second day that they had already figured these girls were up to no good. My friend thinks they were actually kicked out of the the backstage area that they got passes from the local stagehand.

Well I'm glad that they do not want to waste their time with the crazies. It would have been nice to meet them at the Calgary meet and greet and just say thanks for the music etc. sadly I wish the true fans could get a hold of these contests :(

Well I'm glad that they do not want to waste their time with the crazies. It would have been nice to meet them at the Calgary meet and greet and just say thanks for the music etc. sadly I wish the true fans could get a hold of these contests :(

I'm more glad that they can tell when those fans are crazy. If as he said they realized it after the second gig, that is pretty good. Unless she was just flat out, "WTF you need to stop NOW" bad. I hope that at least it doesn't ruin other people's chances in the future of meeting them, etc. I am pretty sure it doesn't though.

I'm more glad that they can tell when those fans are crazy. If as he said they realized it after the second gig, that is pretty good. Unless she was just flat out, "WTF you need to stop NOW" bad. I hope that at least it doesn't ruin other people's chances in the future of meeting them, etc. I am pretty sure it doesn't though.

True, but you can't gaurantee who wins the contest :erm:

Heeeey! =)

Just stopping by to post my pictures from Edmonton and Calgary. Link is here:

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/Camila_1024/Muse%20-%20Edmonton%20and%20Calgary%202010/

Sorry for posting this so late, but I just came back to Brazil yesterday, so I had no chance of uploading my stuff before that. Many pics are blurry, 'cause it was reeeeally hard to stand still on the floor! hehehe!

This took ages, damn HD vids, it's processing at the moment so It will hopefully improve in quality. Audio is quite good at parts :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDttowoUN3o

OMG, thank you SO MUCH for this video!!!!! It's awesome! I can still remeber when he stood right in front of where I was and pointed into the crowd... ahhhh, so beautiful! :D

And you were one of the girls that had the Canadian flag, right? Thanks so much for letting us write on it! It was very sweet! :happy:

Oh my gosh, this video made my night! i was front and center and that knee slide made me shriek! loved it! but reflecting and watching this really makes me think how matt has the body of a 17 year old boy hahaha. seriously i love the man but he is so skinny hahaha

Hey, you were the girl standing right next to me! :)

You were so lucky to get that setlist! I should have asked you to take a picture with it! LOL!

• 8 months later...

OMG, thank you SO MUCH for this video!!!!! It's awesome! I can still remeber when he stood right in front of where I was and pointed into the crowd... ahhhh, so beautiful! :D

And you were one of the girls that had the Canadian flag, right? Thanks so much for letting us write on it! It was very sweet! :happy:

No problem :awesome:

No that was another girl but yes they were very sweet, I just wish the flag wasn't stolen after the gig :supersad:

Archived