I got my tickets for the April 2nd show in Seattle and I'm SUPER excited!

I was there at the Deck the Hall Ball as well - I almost collapsed when it was announced they were coming to Key Arena :D

I heard tickets are all sold out for their Key Arena concert on April. Is that true?

I got my tickets for the April 2nd show in Seattle and I'm SUPER excited!

I was there at the Deck the Hall Ball as well - I almost collapsed when it was announced they were coming to Key Arena :D

I heard tickets are all sold out for their Key Arena concert on April. Is that true?

NO. The GA/floor sold out pretty quickly; right now the only lower tier seats available are at the opposite end of the arena from the stage. Sounds like there are still lots of seats available in the upper tier.

Got 3 tickets a few days ago in section 212 for the show on the 2nd. My wife and son and I are really looking forward to seeing/hearing the guys live......

Any recommendations for a decent motel/hotel near the arena?

Your first Muse concert? Congratulations, you have now committed your entire family to Muse addiction!! And that makes you a MuseDad!

Just google "hotels near Key Arena Seattle" and you will come up with several. Some gals from UK came over for the last set of NW shows in '07 and stayed at the Mediteranean I think; was very nice. A hotel within a walkable distance would be ideal. The area around Key has tons of little cafes and reasonably priced restaurants too.

Your first Muse concert? Congratulations, you have now committed your entire family to Muse addiction!! And that makes you a MuseDad!

Just google "hotels near Key Arena Seattle" and you will come up with several. Some gals from UK came over for the last set of NW shows in '07 and stayed at the Mediteranean I think; was very nice. A hotel within a walkable distance would be ideal. The area around Key has tons of little cafes and reasonably priced restaurants too.

Yeah, first time. Gonna get my cherry popped......

I did find some hotels/motels near there. I'll check out the Med. A place within walking distance would be cool. Thanx gocanux!

BC Place has bad sound. WAY too echo-y. GM Place on the other hand...:yesey:

Yeah, I completely agree. I was joking there about Muse playing stadiums in North America. Thinking back a bit, I believe the last stadium gig I saw was Pink Floyd at BC Place in '94. My seats were sooooo far away. It could have been anyone up there on stage and I would have never known the difference.. :p And yes, that echo. :mad: Some buildings are better left for their main purpose.

BC Place has bad sound. WAY too echo-y. GM Place on the other hand...:yesey:

I have been to a couple of concerts at 'The Garage' and the sound was really quite good. Waaaay better than at Staples Center in LA, that was horrid! And didn't I read somewhere that they are going to take the roof off of BC Place? Or is that just for the Olympics?

Yeah, I completely agree. I was joking there about Muse playing stadiums in North America. Thinking back a bit, I believe the last stadium gig I saw was Pink Floyd at BC Place in '94. My seats were sooooo far away. It could have been anyone up there on stage and I would have never known the difference.. :p And yes, that echo. :mad: Some buildings are better left for their main purpose.

:LOL: Yeah. It's a little too huge and bubbly for a concert. It should definitely only be used for sporting events.

I have been to a couple of concerts at 'The Garage' and the sound was really quite good. Waaaay better than at Staples Center in LA, that was horrid! And didn't I read somewhere that they are going to take the roof off of BC Place? Or is that just for the Olympics?

YES! The sound at The Garage amazing! :happy:

HA! The roof? Retractable? They say yes but it keeps getting delayed. The last I heard, it was going to be converted to a retractable after the Games. Personally, I don't think it's ever going to happen...after all, there's been talk of this for years. Plus, I don't know how they would make an inflatable roof retractable. How long would it take to inflate after they close it? And if they change it to a non-inflatable that would totally take away the iconic bubble of BC Place. I think they should just keep it as it is. *shurgs*

Hope you can make it up here, Liberty! It will be fun to see you again! :D

I hope so - it'd be great seeing you again, too! The Seattle date works out for my sister since it falls on her Easter three-day weekend (she's a college student). I got her into Muse and she wants to experience Muse live! I have friends and family who live in the area, too, so I could ask to stay with them if it's not much trouble for them. The thing is I'm also planning to go to Wembley, to Texas for work (SXSW - right before their announced TX dates), and the Phoenix meetup. Hopefully I could hang out in Seattle before heading to Phoenix, instead of flying back to Hawaii then out to Phoenix.

By the way, a friend who lives in Seattle got turned on to Muse after seeing them on SNL, so I suggested we could go to the concert together! :)

I hope so - it'd be great seeing you again, too! The Seattle date works out for my sister since it falls on her Easter three-day weekend (she's a college student). I got her into Muse and she wants to experience Muse live! I have friends and family who live in the area, too, so I could ask to stay with them if it's not much trouble for them. The thing is I'm also planning to go to Wembley, to Texas for work (SXSW - right before their announced TX dates), and the Phoenix meetup. Hopefully I could hang out in Seattle before heading to Phoenix, instead of flying back to Hawaii then out to Phoenix.

By the way, a friend who lives in Seattle got turned on to Muse after seeing them on SNL, so I suggested we could go to the concert together! :)

We should totally fly to phx together then!

got my tickets :happy:

Anyone know how Key Arena is as a venue? Last time I saw MUSE was at an outdoor amphitheater which kicked ASS, not so sure about Key Arena.

Yay!

I've never been to Key Arena (or Seattle, for that matter), so not sure. I'm sure someone else would know!

I have to ask, your username is a Jim Gaffigan reference, isn't it? :LOL:

Yay!

I've never been to Key Arena (or Seattle, for that matter), so not sure. I'm sure someone else would know!

I have to ask, your username is a Jim Gaffigan reference, isn't it? :LOL:

Hi, I couldn't help but notice that you're going to the Wembley shows! :happy: Me too! Also going to Seattle and Portlands this year! We should do a meet up! Considering I'd like to get to know some Musers who are going to Wembley due to the fact that I'm going alone. :p

Hi, I couldn't help but notice that you're going to the Wembley shows! :happy: Me too! Also going to Seattle and Portlands this year! We should do a meet up! Considering I'd like to get to know some Musers who are going to Wembley due to the fact that I'm going alone. :p

:awesome: Definitely! Here's a Wembley thread Jae started for people traveling across the Atlantic (and half the Pacific, in my case :chuckle:) here: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=68140

I'm traveling alone for Wembley too, though I'm planning to meet up with several people from these boards, one of whom I've met a few times before. And if my spring travel plans work out, I'd be going to Seattle with my sister. We'll all have fun!

Archived