Looking for a new beginner electric guitar

Guest Smit

Hey all,

Looking to start to learn the guitar but dont know what guitar to get for about £150, could go higher if i need to. Any suggestions?

Yeah, probably best with a Squire tele. Pretty solid guitar.

Tele or Strat copy - slim neck to strart off with before progressing on, and strats are easy to modify.

Try the search function as well - this is a weekly question and many people have gone into it in depth in the past.

Yo

just wanted to know if anyone knew what Pacifica Jamie Lenman from Reuben uses?

y'know the one with the 'BOOM' sticker on it...

'cuz his just says YAMAHA in bold on the headstock and every pacifica i've seen has a different logo and I can't find a B-Stock like it anywhere.

this is a bit off topic

but you're all talking about pacificas and i want one

The internet word on Xaviere is pretty damn good. Head over to the Harmony Central forums to see what I mean.

One of their strongest points are their GFS pickups, which are pretty popular among builders as a quality but affordable pickup. If I remember correctly I think Phill has used them in one (or more) of his guitars?

I'm definitely pretty keen on getting one of their Jazzmaster copies.

I'd say Squier Telecaster. However, it also depends on what music you want to play. The Tele doesn't have humbucker pickups, which you may find limiting for certain styles.

Muse like sounds basically.... General rock really.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=68725&highlight=guitar

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=66735&highlight=guitar

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=66555&highlight=guitar

there are many threads like this, which has been pointed out. but in the end it boils down to the simple fact that most if not all major manufactuers make relatively and equally good guitars, some people swear by ibanez but the only one i played was not very nice etc etc etc. you're looking for humbuckers i think. oh and a good amp will do you the world of good.

nope.

However Ibanez, Epiphone and Squire are all good, cheap bets...

you're forgetting gibson and manson guitars they're very cheap. or you could go with a tom anderson if you just wanna spend a fiver on a moddable guitar.

:facepalm:

The internet word on Xaviere is pretty damn good. Head over to the Harmony Central forums to see what I mean.

One of their strongest points are their GFS pickups, which are pretty popular among builders as a quality but affordable pickup. If I remember correctly I think Phill has used them in one (or more) of his guitars?

Those jazzmaster copies look pretty damn nice. P90s....jazzmaster....*drool*

I had a guitar from their first run wayyy back and it wasn't anything special, but I reckon they've improved greatly judging by the reviews..

but, another vote for a squier tele here. teles can do heavier music just fine...

wow mister KEEEEEEM, those guitars look nice!

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvsehodr180h.html

Don't know how good they are but am very interested in buying one like the one above :o, telecaster with humbuckers! my favorite! BUT, how good are they? with what can you compare them?

I would say they're around the same build quality as epiphones if not better. Only thing I found that was bad on mine was a little tiny blemish in the finish, everything else was fine. Could use a fret leveling though :D.

Yah, the Mean 90's the pickup talked most about(humbucker sized p90).

The guys over at harmony central are the one who persuaded me into buying stuff from GFS. :D Been pretty happy with my guitar.

Right cheers for the help guys. Told my mum that i want squire telecaster but will probably end up with a flute. Anyway just wondering what type of amp i should get around 100 quid? Also is there any beginner books or dvds i can look at.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived