I don't know, I find it quite depressing. :( It's never been a favourite, but I think I'm moving further and further away from these dark songs now.

Noooo how dare you be disrespectful of a song that Matt wrote! I don't think you're a real Muse fan if you think that. :phu:

J'adore this one. Although I wouldn't count it as a favourite, but when it comes up on the shuffle I never skip it.

Also the breakdown in the middle, everytime I hear it - to me the music actually seems to reflect the situation itself: A man and a girl, that moment where she "lights up his darkest skies"(the quiet beginning) draws him in (still continuing) and then eventually it builds up to when he would consume her innocence (the louder more full on end of this leading into final chorus reprise).

Does anyone else hear that in the song, or is that just my overactive imagination at work? :erm:

J'adore this one. Although I wouldn't count it as a favourite, but when it comes up on the shuffle I never skip it.

Also the breakdown in the middle, everytime I hear it - to me the music actually seems to reflect the situation itself: A man and a girl, that moment where she "lights up his darkest skies"(the quiet beginning) draws him in (still continuing) and then eventually it builds up to when he would consume her innocence (the louder more full on end of this leading into final chorus reprise).

Does anyone else hear that in the song, or is that just my overactive imagination at work? :erm:

Thats how I've always interpreted it.

I listened to Darkshines...... 500 times..... in 5 days

Kudos for you. :) That is dedication for you, people.

Love Darkshines. Such a simple, yet fantastic tune!

"Daaaaaarkshines... Bringing me dooooown... making my heart feel sore... 'cause its gooooooooooood!"

Ahhhh... the memories. It is soooo unappreciated. :happy:

Archived