Map Of The Problematique tab

Jez451

The effect he uses is some kinda of delay preset effect, I achieved something like it before with a mates effects unit in my college studio, just can't find the sodding name of the thing.

Matt uses a step pedal for MOTP. For those of you guys who don't know what a step pedal is, a step pedal creates an arpeggio-like sound, only the arpeggios are played at random.

The tabs you have are all wrong. Sorry to be judgmental, but I have a copy from the BH&R tab book. It's NOT in drop-C. I'll gladly send you guys the link:

http://muselive.com/page.php?id=1075

peoples. the italy show was faked because the tv programme didnt have all the technical stuff for it to be played live and matt has said that they didnt have enough time to sort all theres out.

Live, it is played in Drop C. Cause it is also in Drop C for the Maggie's Farm riff afterwards.

The tab book is wrong. the tabs are wrong, the effects are wrong (Step Flange?? No)

Live it is played with some kind of step sequencer pre-set to play +1 and -1 Octave's or indeed the Nord modular (but no1 has one to find the effect yet).

When recorded it was actually played through 3 different keyboards played pre-set at different octaves.

the tab i find best from watching plenty of vids is....

e---------

b------------

g-5-5-5-5-

d-5-5-5-3- for intro

a-3-3-3-3-

c----------

then....

C-0---3---8---5- like has been said

e------------------------

b-------------4-4-4-6-

g-5-5-5-5--5-5-5-5-

d-5-5-6-3--5-5-6-3-

a-3-3-3-3--3-3-x-3-

c-------------------x---

Matt uses a step pedal for MOTP. For those of you guys who don't know what a step pedal is, a step pedal creates an arpeggio-like sound, only the arpeggios are played at random.

No he doesn't. I know what a step effect does and no they aren't necessarily played at random.

Why is that people continue to say stuff like this even after we find out how it was done, the step pitchshifting in MOTP is not a pedal of any kind... mainly because one doesn't actually exist.

I have on question on this matter, and one question alone.

Does the tab from the BHAR tab book, when played with the effects it tells you, actually sound like the song? Whether it's the right way or not, if it sounds right then that's fine by me.

The effect he uses is some kinda of delay preset effect, I achieved something like it before with a mates effects unit in my college studio, just can't find the sodding name of the thing.

fail.

The tabs you have are all wrong. Sorry to be judgmental, but I have a copy from the BH&R tab book. It's NOT in drop-C. I'll gladly send you guys the link:

fail.

i just put this up in the covers thread, but its relevant here. this is about as close as you're gonna get without megabucks worth of synthesisers.

gYAVzSviktY

i dont know where you guys saying its a delay effect or step pedal set to random are getting your info from, but its not right :LOL:

edit: if it says 'picture coming soon' it'll probably work anyway, only just uploaded it but some people can stream it already

oh yeh and im aware that the sequence changes every now and again, but i wasnt going to sit there and program it all; this is enough for me to be happy with :p

now for a noob, what are all the craps i need to buy to get the effect done? A single pedal would work?

nope :)

basically, hooking up a whammy to some sort of sequencer will get the effect. which could be a computer.

though there is a korg multi-effects which i think can do step pitchshifting,,,,

didn't you say you used a sequencer in cubase or something? I'd say that counts as "special equipment" tbf

yeah it's using logic express to send midi instructions to my whammy. but i'd say everyone here has a computer, and midi cables don't cost a lot and the software is easy to get hold of so it's not exactly special equipment...

yeah it's using logic express to send midi instructions to my whammy. but i'd say everyone here has a computer, and midi cables don't cost a lot and the software is easy to get hold of so it's not exactly special equipment...

but then the whammy aint that cheap.

I'd say not everyone here uses their computers to create specific guitar effects

anyway for the person who said one of the korg multi-fx has some kind of step pitch shifting... it'd do the job for a loose cover I guess but you wouldn't get the sequence exactly correct because the order changes throughout the song. I think you can get a similar effect on the boss gt-8 too but it's very limited in the number of steps you can program in

• 1 month later...

MOTP is played in a more complicated way..

I wrote a letter to Rich Costey to ask him to explain me

what does he used for this song, and he sent me the entire

connection-diagram of it...believe me, we'll never play it like them..

The riff is simple, you just need a whammy and a sequencer-unit...

But the other parts with variations?..eheh..its not so simple..

He asked me to not post the answer, in order to keep the song-secret.."secret":D

I can only say that signal is splitted in 3 ways..and they use 2 whammy, 4 synths

and multi-sequencer unit..have a nice nightmare now;)

I wrote a letter to Rich Costey to ask him to explain me

No you didn't.

I can only say that signal is splitted in 3 ways..and they use 2 whammy, 4 synths

and multi-sequencer unit..have a nice nightmare now;)

No it doesn't.

Rich Costey explained in a magazine interview that on the album recording it's all synth and no guitar.

When played live it goes through the red synth which morgan has on his keyboard rack, don't know the model or whatever. But there's no whammy involved at all.

Archived