its just me, or when muse play with u2, they play better than in their own concerts, :eek: even the sound sounds better. could be because u2 brings best sound equipment.?

well.. U2 have probably the best sound engineer in the business who has been with them since day one. And yes, kick ass equipment helps too.

Oddly enough I came across a post on a U2 forum about someone who hasn't heard Muse before say that he enjoyed the music but thought the sound quality was atrocious! (for the Santiago gig). Woo, finally have some time to watch the vids now! :D

all the u2 shows I went too where Muse opened for them (in 2009), I saw 4 of the 9 shows Muse opened them for in the US. Fans around me hadn't really heard of Muse beforehand and after their performance were literally blown away and became fans, said they were going to go to itunes and download their music. One guy who was a friend of my friend Julie who has been following U2 since the early 80s said without hesitation that Muse was the best supporting band he has ever seen.. He was impressed to say the least.

all the u2 shows I went too where Muse opened for them (in 2009), I saw 4 of the 9 shows Muse opened them for in the US. Fans around me hadn't really heard of Muse beforehand and after their performance were literally blown away and became fans, said they were going to go to itunes and download their music. One guy who was a friend of my friend Julie who has been following U2 since the early 80s said without hesitation that Muse was the best supporting band he has ever seen.. He was impressed to say the least.

That's true, everyone I know that went to see U2 and didn't know Muse when they toured together in the US became instant fans. :D

NOOOO OMFG you can't be serious! If it wasn't enough that Matt has stopped screaming out 'I wish I could' like he did during the absolution tour but with this performance he actually didn't bother doing the final one before the riffs. This is a disaster really....:mad:

NOOOO OMFG you can't be serious! If it wasn't enough that Matt has stopped screaming out 'I wish I could' like he did during the absolution tour but with this performance he actually didn't bother doing the final one before the riffs. This is a disaster really....:mad:

:stunned:...

It's not like he hasn't done this before.

Hm maybe, I haven't really been following the SS performances last year except the pro-shots and and I actually haven't seen this before. Whoa it sounds so wrong...

He hasn't screamed the final one for like 6 years apart from maybe the odd one off?... I haven't seen it done since Absolution Tour anyway.

He hasn't screamed the final one for like 6 years apart from maybe the odd one off?... I haven't seen it done since Absolution Tour anyway.

Ehm, did you listen to that clip at all? It's not that he isn't screaming, I know he hasn't done that for years but he doesn't sing it at all.

Ehm, did you listen to that clip at all? It's not that he isn't screaming, I know he hasn't done that for years but he doesn't sing it at all.

watch T in the park 2004. That is one of the best ever SS performances and he misses out the last line there. If he's not going to scream it then he might as well not bother with it imo. It hardly makes a difference.

Bono said CREAM, not Creed! :p

Honestly, any excuse to have a go at him....it's clear that he and the rest of U2 have a ton of respect for the guys. Calling them one of the great three pieces of all time is a huge compliment.

yeah.. that makes more sense.. In terms of their sound. Yes, that is a huge compliment all right. And the fact that they asked Muse to come and support them a second time says it all.

watch T in the park 2004. That is one of the best ever SS performances and he misses out the last line there. If he's not going to scream it then he might as well not bother with it imo. It hardly makes a difference.

Can't say I agree. It's like not doing falsetto in Bliss. For some it might not be a big deal, but imo, it's kinda important. But as you said, it's not THAT of a big deal now when he isn't screaming anyway. It still feels like something is missing though. :p T in the park sure is a good performance but I won't say it's on the level of like EC, Glastonbury etc because of the lacking scream.

Archived