Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

I have mixed feelings. First thing that came to my mind when I was listening to KOC was the band Hammerfall and that's not a very good sign.

Worse still, KOC actually sounds like power metal, the genre of music that Hammerfall represtents. If you don't know what power metal is check Wikipedia. There's even one power metal band called Cydonia :eek::LOL:

Well, some of power metal bands are not that bad, sometimes there are pretty cool guitars and arrangements but mostly this style is associated with Vicking-type dudes or musicians looking like some medieval warriors or something playing quite pompous songs with not very intelligent lyrics. That's not very cool :$

I have mixed feelings. First thing that came to my mind when I was listening to KOC was the band Hammerfall and that's not a very good sign.

Worse still, KOC actually sounds like power metal, the genre of music that Hammerfall represtents. If you don't know what power metal is check Wikipedia. There's even one power metal band called Cydonia :eek::LOL:

Well, some of power metal bands are not that bad, sometimes there are pretty cool guitars and arrangements but mostly this style is associated with Vicking-type dudes or musicians looking like some medieval warriors or something playing quite pompous songs with not very intelligent lyrics. That's not very cool :$

I said to jack that I need a plastic Axe damnit :LOL:.

I love it.

http://www.vikingkittens.com

:D

Guest Puppetmaster

:LOL: looks like this is the most tragic Muse moment for me ever.

:stunned: just.... :stunned: Fuck cossaks and their drinking songs, fuck my russianness, fuck the intro. I mean, I'm totally in love the vocals (sans the wailing, but I'll get used to it, like I got used to Microcuts) and the chord progressions. But the beat. UGH.

Guest Puppetmaster
even i voted yes and i dont own a muse album.

And your point is?..

I'm curious who the second person was...and what their motives were.

:LOL:

even i voted yes and i dont own a muse album.

BUY THEM. BUY THEM ALL..... (just trying some subliminal suggestion)

Layla, I think I will disown you as MuseDaughter! Give it a few more listens. SBH caught me by surprise too, but now I love it and can't get it out of my head!

Archived