They work for StubHub, so I doubt they'll be doing anything that will cost their job, but unfair as it may be their pricing is legal. Until there's a national law against re-sellers and not these varying state-to-state laws they'll be able to weasel around this shit.

In the meantime, send an email against the merging of LiveNation and Ticketmaster: antitrust.complaints@usdoj.gov

The problem really begins and ends with the promoters and if these two massive companies can get a corner on the market you can expect ticket prices to go through the roof.

Does your insider know enough to blow the lid off this instance of obvious price gouging? Wikileaks could be used here. More than the MSG gig itself, I want to see justice carried out here.

price gouging laws are for emergencies...like food and water and gasoline. not rock concert tickets :LOL:

the reality is they will only charge as much as somebody will pay, and will lower the price until a buyer is found. this is capitalism. it's not always fair, but it works, and the constant passing of laws that run counter to this process will eventually find their way to your civil liberties, i promise.

/political diatribe.

Is it possible to know the set list beforehand? My friend just told me he might have found out what the set list is going to be for this show but I would imagine we would never know until the actual gig. Plus I saw that Muse started playing Citizen Erased again :O If we get that I will die happily at the gig.

Is it possible to know the set list beforehand? My friend just told me he might have found out what the set list is going to be for this show but I would imagine we would never know until the actual gig. Plus I saw that Muse started playing Citizen Erased again :O If we get that I will die happily at the gig.

i think there's no chance even muse is 100 percent sure of a setlist this far in advance, let alone your friend.

i think there's no chance even muse is 100 percent sure of a setlist this far in advance, let alone your friend.

that's what I was thinking :O how would they know what to play 2 months before the show? and don't worry I wouldn't even want to know the setlist Artsychick

Muse won't decide until about 24 hours before, if not the actual day of the gig. The only time they plan (a little further) in advance is when they are playing epic stadium gigs such as Wembley etc, but even then things can get switched about last minute.

Ride it out, and leave people guessing. Some of us really don't want to know ;)

p.s - CE FTW!!!!! :LOL:

Do want @ setlists they've been playing in Japan.

Also, what's with the recording situation? Because usually non-professional cameras are allowed. But I've been reading around that some people have been getting their camera's snatched. Maybe that's just how the rules are in Japan.

price gouging laws are for emergencies...like food and water and gasoline. not rock concert tickets :LOL:

the reality is they will only charge as much as somebody will pay, and will lower the price until a buyer is found. this is capitalism. it's not always fair, but it works, and the constant passing of laws that run counter to this process will eventually find their way to your civil liberties, i promise.

/political diatribe.

Clearly, price gouging laws don't apply here. But monopoly laws surely do. And in this case, they can't argue that it would be a "natural monopoly," so no new laws should be needed to keep this merger from happening.

Your point about laws finding their way to our civil liberties is a good one. But this has been happening for a while, and will likely continue until we have none left. Sad, but true. Support the ACLU (if you're American, or even if not ;)) as this is probably the only entity with sufficient power to continue to fight for our liberties. Down with fascism!

Also, what's with the recording situation? Because usually non-professional cameras are allowed. But I've been reading around that some people have been getting their camera's snatched. Maybe that's just how the rules are in Japan.

It's likely that Japanese laws are completely different to ours :)

Went to a concert @ MSG last year and brought a camera, actually everyone did and there was no problem :)

Ah c'mon, you don't want to spoil the fun here, not knowing is part of the overall excitement :D

But after the gig you can try go get one of the stage, if security guys are nice enough :p

Ah c'mon, you don't want to spoil the fun here, not knowing is part of the overall excitement :D

Truth!

Before I saw them in November I had to do the internet equivalent of plugging my ears and saying 'LA LA LA' because I didn't want to have any idea of lists or order.

Truth!

Before I saw them in November I had to do the internet equivalent of plugging my ears and saying 'LA LA LA' because I didn't want to have any idea of lists or order.

:eek:that must have been real hard as it was right in the extra busy period Musewise, they were all over the internet :LOL::LOL:

I always bring cameras to shows and always get them in, I used to not because it would say no cameras and I would get so pissed when I saw all the cameras in the air.

It's hard to keep cameras out though because pretty much every cell phone has a camera as well. I'm thinking of bringing my flip to the show but I'm not sure yet because the only camera I have is a Nikon and those do not get in.

Just don't wave the camera around in plain sight. I usually keep them at the bottom of my purse and I'm sure guards have spotted them there, anyway.

Only once did I have a camera confiscated - in Hartford, CT. I got it back, but for years after, I only used disposable ones.

Once I had to put a camera pretty much down my pants to get it in, that was in Canada, but it worked, I also have done the in the bra technique which also has worked. Now I just bring my bag that has a zipper on the inside with another pocket and put it in there, the guards never check those little pockets.

When I went to the U2 gig in Giants Stadium in September, I had my gigantic camera with me. And by gigantic, I mean almost as big as a pro camera. XD They let me in no problem. Same with when I went to a My Chemical Romance concert at MSG in 2008. Had my chunky camera with me. I'm planning on getting a Creative Vado HD so I can record the concert. Since it's like half the size of my camera, theoretically I should have no problem bringing it in with me.

Archived