Personally I think that anyone who wasn't able to get GA tickets at the Garden should try the Philly show instead of buying from scalpers, and none of us should give any more profits from people who do nothing but take advantage of fans.

Easier said then done. Yes, the cost for extra travel and accomodation may equal an MSG scalping ticket, but not everyone can get to Philly, it requires more time off from work etc - besides, it's principal. I want to see Muse in New York, as does my friend. It's her hometown. It should not be so hard!

Great. So if you're willing to pay for one of the so many thousand GA tickets that were sold on to resellers, you also have to be wary of fakes. I'm LOVING this.

I just want to see Muse in New York with my girl.

Look, regarding the first tix being hawked being fakes, I'm only guessing, but it stands to reason, doesn't it? I'm a legit purchaser and so far, Ticketmaster hasn't even emailed me yet with their notification that my ticket is on its way (USPS). But I should think that counterfeits would be a risk from a second-hand transaction regardless of time and place; it always pays to be careful!

Personally I think that anyone who wasn't able to get GA tickets at the Garden should try the Philly show instead of buying from scalpers, and none of us should give any more profits from people who do nothing but take advantage of fans.

Agreed. I've even contemplated establishing a Muse.mu social group for fans who pledge to not support scalpers, but I have to admit there's no hard-and-fast line there. If I was shut out, and showed up at the venue on the day of, and found a seller who was willing to part with one for a very modest sum over face, I don't think I'd say no, and I absolutely hate touts.

Easier said then done. Yes, the cost for extra travel and accomodation may equal an MSG scalping ticket, but not everyone can get to Philly, it requires more time off from work etc - besides, it's principal. I want to see Muse in New York, as does my friend. It's her hometown. It should not be so hard!

NYC has a population of about 8 million, as does the state of New Jersey (and most of that's concentrated in a broad swath beginning about the middle of the state and extending farther north and east). Plus a lot of folks in Connecticut, esp. those on the rail lines into the city... you've got a lot of competition for tix here!

well I was planning on going to the philly show but it's the same day as the flogging molly show I am going to so I can't go. Luckly I got Muse tickets to NYC otherwise I would be pissed.

Edit: I got GA, my boyfriend got me them for christmas, I had crappy seats at first and was thinking about waiting for the Philly show to be announced, good thing I didn't.

Er.

So those who are familiar with concertmaps, the tickets go out shortly before the show yes? My order still says "completed" as it did seconds after it was submitted. Just curious...

And when I went to look up the website, look at what the third result is and what website it's on.

http://www.google.com/search?q=concertmaps&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Wasn't this tour touted as "big", "extensive", etc. ? What's extensive about one tri-state area show?

Extensive is NY, NJ, and CT. Or two NYs. I guess they didn't know that. Now, hopefully they do.

Well, this won't be the last Muse show I see. <-That's the positive mantra I'm repeating to myself now!

And when I went to look up the website, look at what the third result is and what website it's on.

http://www.google.com/search?q=concertmaps&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

That was pretty funny!

Hey Team!

Anyone have any extra tickets?! it's already sold out! i had to pick between my sisters baby shower and going online to buy tickets - and my sister was not happy when i told her I might be late because I had to be online... long story short, it's already sold out and I am very unhappy :(

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE!

thank you very much

I signed satan's petition, but that thing needs LOTS more sigs!

Does anyone know if other similar ones exist? I think it'd be more effective if there were only one. (Not even going for the pun there, I'm too sick today.)

Did a thread start for it yet? I don't even know if they are advertising it.

Hey Team!

Anyone have any extra tickets?! it's already sold out! i had to pick between my sisters baby shower and going online to buy tickets - and my sister was not happy when i told her I might be late because I had to be online... long story short, it's already sold out and I am very unhappy :(

PLEASE HELP! PLEASE!

thank you very much

Check the MuseBay thread. Worst case, StubHub has them overpriced. Wow, I'm glad it sold out on ticketmaster though! I want a full house!

Regarding this:

New York is my hometown and it kills me that I'll have to pay an inflated price for a ticket. Believe me. I don't want to help these vagrants by demanding to their supply. But as far as traveling, I work full time and allocating my 2 weeks vacation is not an easy thing to do. Philly is on a Tuesday and I don't finish work until 6. It's not possible for me. I'm already out a week for next September for not just Muse, but a wedding as well.

They hsuld just make it illegal for broker's to sell above face value period. If scalping is illegal, the the law needs to evolve to reflect changes in technology that make scalping a quarter of a mile away from the venue easy. Hardly anyone buys tickets in person anymore anyway, its all about online sales, and well, yeah, the law needs to evolve to accommodate the technology.

I called ticketmaster this morning and went on a rant to a supervisor demanding a statement about this atrocity. Of course they gave me a bunch of pre-determined platitudes (I understand your frustration, I'll pass your complaint up the chain) and I also sent a bunch of scathing emails to the reseller's sites. May amount to naught but it was very theraputic.

I called ticketmaster this morning and went on a rant to a supervisor demanding a statement about this atrocity. Of course they gave me a bunch of pre-determined platitudes (I understand your frustration, I'll pass your complaint up the chain) and I also sent a bunch of scathing emails to the reseller's sites. May amount to naught but it was very theraputic.

Nice :dance:

Are tickets sent out straight away in America?I bought mine in the presale for MSG but live in England, any help would be good.

concertmaps.com do not send tickets outside of the US so you will have to do a box office collection or you need to get them sent to a US address.

Look, regarding the first tix being hawked being fakes, I'm only guessing, but it stands to reason, doesn't it? I'm a legit purchaser and so far, Ticketmaster hasn't even emailed me yet with their notification that my ticket is on its way (USPS). But I should think that counterfeits would be a risk from a second-hand transaction regardless of time and place; it always pays to be careful!

Yeah, I am very aware of fake tickets on ebay, I have been a victim of paying and not getting a ticket in the past. (v fest!!!) I was purely venting, but it came across naive :LOL:

NYC has a population of about 8 million' date=' as does the state of New Jersey (and most of that's concentrated in a broad swath beginning about the middle of the state and extending farther north and east). Plus a lot of folks in Connecticut, esp. those on the rail lines into the city... you've got a lot of competition for tix here![/quote']

I am also aware that NYC is huge, and THE hardest to grab tickets for, but that was not my point. Despite tough competition, tickets do NOT sell out after 2 minutes. This is about the scalpers, not how many other Musers are competing to get them too, because obviously, in this case, a large percentage of fans have missed out.

The last MSG gig was a doddle compared to this, regardless of NYC's 8 million population.

satan, I was the second person to sign your petition last night (using my real name with my Muse.mu tag in parentheses)! I also left a comment -- something to the effect that I managed to get a decent ticket for myself but the process nevertheless affects us all. Then I selected the "private" option (sig saved for verification only; no public disclosure) and when I checked the sigs afterwards, my sig didn't show up at all -- not even as an "anonymous" or a greyed-out line or space. So I'm trusting that I actually am being counted there, but no one's sent me an email to verify my identity yet, so I dunno.... Is this normal for private petitioners? Anyone?

I checked the list and I do not see anything similar to what you described. I suspect the petitiononline server had a dump when you tried to sign, unfortunately. If you don't mind give it another go. If you still have a problem I'll contact the site people and inquire. :)

I signed satan's petition, but that thing needs LOTS more sigs!

Does anyone know if other similar ones exist? I think it'd be more effective if there were only one. (Not even going for the pun there, I'm too sick today.)

As far as I know we're the only one. We need some promotions. I will make a thread later today when I have time, but can anyone help with making um, I don't know...

like a graphic to promote it? Then people can put in thier signature on the forum or another forum.

We need this petition to get passed around majorly.

As far as I know we're the only one. We need some promotions. I will make a thread later today when I have time, but can anyone help with making um, I don't know...

like a graphic to promote it? Then people can put in thier signature on the forum or another forum.

I'll post the link in my siggy. It's already up on my website and I'll twitter it as well.

Was gonna ask about that thread. I COULD try and make a graphic as I have Photoshop CS3, but I need to now what wording and image/s would best suit first?

edit: I have also added it to my sig.

Thread is up. Hopefully the mods don't come down on me, lol. If we get the ball rolling, and we get 100 signatures I'll ask the mods to make it a sticky thread or something....assuming they don't eat my soul for any infraction hahaha, lol.

here is the link to the thread

don't let it get too far down lol

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=69230

Archived