Hey guys my friend told me about this senator who is trying to pass a bill to help the ticket crisis.If i remember correctly, the bill says that fans will be given a 2 day period to buy tickets before the brokers can buy them to resell them.

They hsuld just make it illegal for broker's to sell above face value period. If scalping is illegal, the the law needs to evolve to reflect changes in technology that make scalping a quarter of a mile away from the venue easy. Hardly anyone buys tickets in person anymore anyway, its all about online sales, and well, yeah, the law needs to evolve to accommodate the technology.

Uh, well, I just finished it. Here's the link...

http://www.petitiononline.com/musetix/petition.html

Hopefully its not all for naught.

satan, I was the second person to sign your petition last night (using my real name with my Muse.mu tag in parentheses)! I also left a comment -- something to the effect that I managed to get a decent ticket for myself but the process nevertheless affects us all. Then I selected the "private" option (sig saved for verification only; no public disclosure) and when I checked the sigs afterwards, my sig didn't show up at all -- not even as an "anonymous" or a greyed-out line or space. So I'm trusting that I actually am being counted there, but no one's sent me an email to verify my identity yet, so I dunno.... Is this normal for private petitioners? Anyone?

Are tickets sent out straight away in America?I bought mine in the presale for MSG but live in England, any help would be good.

Should be going out about now, in fact. Ticketmaster is known for actually combing through orders and weeding out those who break the rules and order more than four tix, deleting all their orders, so after that there should be a small dribble of tix up for sale in a second wave. When they sell those, presumably they'll review those orders (to screen for the greedy, again)... dunno how many waves of rejections and tix sales they go through until deciding that their tix sales are duly proper and final. Then, and probably only then, do they mail out all of the tix whose buyers opted for mailing and overnight delivery options.

Archived