Yeah. A fucking CODE for fans, like they have done before. S.i.m.p.l.e.

Sorry I have been following the discussion.

One comment about the codes: they worked for the 2 Teignmouth gigs because you can only use it for one gig out of the 2 for a max of 4 tickets. If there were to do codes for the tour it would mean that people could either only go to one gig or if the code was useable for multiple gigs then scalpers who just registered and buy tickets for lots of gigs and sell them back at inflated prices.

So as much as I like the codes I can see why they are only using them for one off events and not general tour dates.

:dance:

Agreed!

Ok, so for the petition statement how about this...

Dear Muse/Muse Management;

Due to recent events negatively impacting Muse's fanbase, we come to you with an open plea to reconsider methods of ticket distribution for future shows in the US. Recently, countless fans were shut out of online ticket sales through Ticketmaster for Muse's March 5th Madison Square Gardens show only to discover the very tickets they wanted were being resold, almost immediately after ticketmaster's sell out, on Stubhub! and ebay. We understand that ticket brokers and scalping are part of the scene, but this latest insult is completely unfair. We believe it to be damaging to both Muse and their fans as it limits affordability and accessibility to Muse's shows. We would not presume to suggest the optimum choice for future ticket distribution, as we realize ticket sales can be a complicated issue, but we would like to suggest that Muse and Muse's Management sincerely consider different methods of ticket distribution for future sales; whether through another reseller, paperless ticketing, or a larger allotment of tickets for a fan presale accompanied by a password of some sort.

With Respect,

The Undersigned.

I think it's the better idea. I like to think that ALL fans get a fair chance, and not having a membership in time for that password sucks, but if it saves scalpers getting them, I believe it is a good sacrifice to make.

Please, no one jump on me for this comment.

I actually agree with you here, so I dont' need to jump on it. ;) Worse case, fans who didn't sign up before can try and get a fellow fan/friend to buy extra tix for them. i.e. friend/fan only needs two, and is allowed four, well then he/she can buy an extra rticket for the other friend/fan who didn't have access to the password. :)

I absolutely agree with this Ducky! Ebay does 'buy it now' prices after all, they could certainly make it so that tickets couldn't be sold above face value.

Yeah, exactly. There are ways that sites like ebay could set things up so that they can still be used by people who wanted to resell tickets without having to be complicit in the price gouging.

I remember that very well - the bands managment was notified, and they in turn spoke to the people at ebay. I think the only reason that all happened was because it was a charity gig, and it wasn't strictly a Muse gig - it was them playing, but they hadn't booked it and it wasn't strictly part of their tour, if you know what I mean? I didn't explain that well, but I'm not sure how else to word it.

Oh yeah, i think i get what you're saying - the charity aspect of it probably was the main driving force behind getting the band's attention and action.

But I still thought I'd mention it since it seems like what's happened with these first few gigs (especially the MSG one, it seems) is also pretty extreme. They have made a point several times lately to mention that they pay attention to what's happening on this board, so maybe if we can get their attention they could try to improve the system for the rest of the tourdates.

The thing is, I think there is a real possibility that the band doesn't have any idea about the drama that went on with those presales earlier this week, so I think it would help to notify them. Even if they couldn't do much, it'd be nice to know they were aware...

Awwww..I'm sad to hear you're not gonna come to MSG. I completely understand why you're not coming but it would have been great to continue this rant in person over drinks!

I know they will play in NY again, so hopefully we will meet up then. :) If they play Philly as some have speculated I will try to get tix to that show as well.

I certainly hope to, although where I go will depend on flight prices! A return flight from London to New York was about £300, which wasn't bad, but then OLOLOLOL TICKET FAIL :awesome: Was looking at Arizona too, but flights are twice the price!

You might want to speak to Natty - she has found a flight from Gatwick to Phoenix for £355.

I certainly hope to, although where I go will depend on flight prices! A return flight from London to New York was about £300, which wasn't bad, but then OLOLOLOL TICKET FAIL :awesome: Was looking at Arizona too, but flights are twice the price!

Hm...if you want to see a US show definitely wait for the rest of the concert dates. The cheapest flights will be to the east coast. There are still plenty of concerts to be announced on the east coast. Philly's a pretty cheap city to stay in, and I'll be going to that concert too! They're definitely going to play Philly, go to that one!

Due to recent events negatively impacting Muse's fanbase, we come to you with an open plea to reconsider methods of ticket distribution for future shows in the US. Recently, countless fans were shut out of online ticket sales through Ticketmaster for Muse's March 5th Madison Square Gardens show only to discover the very tickets they wanted were being resold, almost immediately after ticketmaster's sell out, on Stubhub! and ebay. We understand that ticket brokers and scalping are part of the scene, but this latest insult is completely unfair. We believe it to be damaging to both Muse and their fans as it limits affordability and accessibility to Muse's shows. We would not presume to suggest the optimum choice for future ticket distribution, as we realize ticket sales can be a complicated issue, but we would like to suggest that Muse and Muse's Management sincerely consider different methods of ticket distribution for future sales; whether through another reseller, paperless ticketing, or a larger allotment of tickets for a fan presale accompanied by a password of some sort.

With Respect,

The Undersigned.

Wow, beautifully worded and well put. That's perfect!

The thing is, I think there is a real possibility that the band doesn't have any idea about the drama that went on with those presales earlier this week, so I think it would help to notify them. Even if they couldn't do much, it'd be nice to know they were aware...

Yeah, that is waht I am thinking too. It doesn't hurt at all to try. It may do more damage to NOT try if you know what I mean.

Wow, beautifully worded and well put. That's perfect!

Well I am going to eat some dinner. I'll leave it at that for now, and if anyone would like to add stuff to it, or take their own crack at it, that's kewl. :) Maybe later we can put something up on petitiononline.com and then post the link. HOpefully we can get some folks to sign. :)

Well I am going to eat some dinner. I'll leave it at that for now, and if anyone would like to add stuff to it, or take their own crack at it, that's kewl. :) Maybe later we can put something up on petitiononline.com and then post the link. HOpefully we can get some folks to sign. :)

I think it's perfect the way it is. If anyone can make it better, then god damn! Please go ahead :D Let's make a petition :)

Yeah, exactly. There are ways that sites like ebay could set things up so that they can still be used by people who wanted to resell tickets without having to be complicit in the price gouging.

I'm sure it wouldn't take too much work for them either!

Oh yeah, i think i get what you're saying - the charity aspect of it probably was the main driving force behind getting the band's attention and action.

But I still thought I'd mention it since it seems like what's happened with these first few gigs (especially the MSG one, it seems) is also pretty extreme. They have made a point several times lately to mention that they pay attention to what's happening on this board, so maybe if we can get their attention they could try to improve the system for the rest of the tourdates.

I think you're right there - they're most likely not aware, what with them travelling so much over the last few days. It may be that they become more aware of the problem once they're done with the Christmas shows - that might even be the best time to try and contact management.

You might want to speak to Natty - she has found a flight from Gatwick to Phoenix for £355.

FGLIVGHKUDHGKDIGJFKDg *flails* HOW?! I looked at all the price comparison sites and the cheapest I found was just over £600! I need Natty's skills.

Hm...if you want to see a US show definitely wait for the rest of the concert dates. The cheapest flights will be to the east coast. There are still plenty of concerts to be announced on the east coast. Philly's a pretty cheap city to stay in, and I'll be going to that concert too! They're definitely going to play Philly, go to that one!

Was definitely thinking of the east coast - it would be less flying time too :LOL: Philly, eh. . .I might look into that one!

How about Utah? ;) We can tour the Mormon sights. ;) LOL!

I can haz own personal tour guide? :awesome:

And also Muse's management are completely aware of the situation with touts and the ebay crisis. They have tried sorting out new methods and no doubt are still trying to find new ways of combating it. It's one of their number one priorities when it comes to dealing with fans I would say.

And also Muse's management are completely aware of the situation with touts and the ebay crisis. They have tried sorting out new methods and no doubt are still trying to find new ways of combating it. It's one of their number one priorities when it comes to dealing with fans I would say.

Well I would hope so, but you never know unless you deal with them personally. Do you??? IS there something we should know??? :D:)

BTW, your daily doodles are kewl. :)

FGLIVGHKUDHGKDIGJFKDg *flails* HOW?! I looked at all the price comparison sites and the cheapest I found was just over £600! I need Natty's skills.

Not sure how she did it but she posted on the Phoenix thread that she found one for that price from Gatwick... Massive UK and US musers meet ;) (now that I have tempted claire into coming and Alix is on her way too) + Nic and Brian...

Was definitely thinking of the east coast - it would be less flying time too :LOL: Philly, eh. . .I might look into that one!

I'm thinking of Philly too. So all hope is not lost!! If you still needed a place to stay when you landed, my house is open and things. But there's a lot of other places on the east coast we could look into. I just want to see you in the spring babes. And this whole ticket thing was a disaster, so hopefully we can manage other gigs. :indiff:

With Respect,

The Undersigned.

I am so glad to see that others have already taken action on this ticket problem. I'm hoping for more dates to be announced, I was not able to get any tickets for MSG for the presale or the actual sale and refuse to pay ebay prices. Your write up was great!!

Archived