Where do we send it? :rabbi:

I'm not sure yet. I was going to try and do some research. If all else fails, we can make a thread and try to get managements attention.

I think Muse really care about their fan base, and if they realize that the scalping thing with ticketmaster is really affecting them, I think they would want to do something more. They are a band that is very much in touch with their fans/fanbase, so I could totally see them trying to problem solve the issue, or at the very least hire someone to problem solve it for them. ;) But if no one tells them how much of a problem the issue is, they may not understand the full impact and thus keep doing what they're doing. So yeah, writing letters is a good thing IMO. :) Respectful, intelligent, and polite. :)

We should totally do an online petition too though. :) Not everyone likes to write letters, so the petition would cover that side of things as well. :)

I think a petition would be great! You could probably get 1,000's of signatures

Unfair on people who do not own a card :)

You can buy tickets on ticketmaster with a payment method other then a debit or credit card? How?

You can get one of those prepaid cards at any convenience store. If you're going to choose to not have plastic, you can go to the store and load a prepaid card. It takes 5 mins.

Paperless tickets are a grossly unfair idea and online petitions don't work.

Just so you know.

1) Its just a possible solution to the problem, I'm sure there are others that can be thought of.

2) Its better than sitting on your ass and whining about how unfair the world is, and this is a BAND we're talking about, not some fucking politicians. Online petitions don't work for politics. Online petitions in this matter would make the band aware of how many people the issue has affected and show an actual number. Quantity always speaks loudest for those that pay attention.

That may be. If we get enough people to sign, then someone might notice. It's worth a try and better then sitting around and doing nothing!

No kidding!! Certainly if we do nothing but whine about this nonsense all day nothing will happen at all. But maybe if we TRY something, even if seems futile, MAYBE, just MAYBE something will change.

You can buy tickets on ticketmaster with a payment method other then a debit or credit card? How?

You can get one of those prepaid cards at any convenience store. If you're going to choose to not have plastic, you can go to the store and load a prepaid card. It takes 5 mins.

This is true. I had not thought of that. It is a very good point.

Most people buy the tickets online with their card, so paperless tickets would work out well :)

:facepalm:

Lots of kids go to these shows. Most of these kids will not have their own cards, and will have to use their parents card instead. You cannot use someone elses card to pick up tickets. What are people supposed to do, take their parents to every show with them to pick up their tickets? And lots of people go to many different shows in many different locations, what are they supposed to do then? Drag their parents with them everywhere?

And actually, yes I do have my own card - it is a visa electron, which ticketmaster does not accept. My parents had to use their card to book all of my tickets; both in the UK and overseas. I would have had to take them to France, Devon, Sheffield, Liverpool, Australia, London and America with me just to pick up my own damn tickets. THAT is why the idea of a paperless ticket is grossly unfair. Use your imaginations.

No kidding!! Certainly if we do nothing but whine about this nonsense all day nothing will happen at all. But maybe if we TRY something, even if seems futile, MAYBE, just MAYBE something will change.

We should definitely put together a petition and create a thread. The main topic of complaint is the fact that we know tickets are at most $65. But instead of being able to buy them at that price, we have to pay scalpers 300% more for good seats (even nose bleed seats are at least 100% more).

Lots of kids go to these shows. Most of these kids will not have their own cards, and will have to use their parents card instead. You cannot use someone elses card to pick up tickets. What are people supposed to do, take their parents to every show with them to pick up their tickets? And lots of people go to many different shows in many different locations, what are they supposed to do then? Drag their parents with them everywhere?

And actually, yes I do have my own card - it is a visa electron, which ticketmaster does not accept. My parents had to use their card to book all of my tickets; both in the UK and overseas. I would have had to take them to France, Devon, Sheffield, Liverpool, Australia, London and America with me just to pick up my own damn tickets. THAT is why the idea of a paperless ticket is grossly unfair. Use your imaginations.

Well, you do have a point, but does that mean you can't pick up a prepaid card as suggested?

1) Its just a possible solution to the problem, I'm sure there are others that can be thought of.

2) Its better than sitting on your ass and whining about how unfair the world is, and this is a BAND we're talking about, not some fucking politicians. Online petitions don't work for politics. Online petitions in this matter would make the band aware of how many people the issue has affected and show an actual number. Quantity always speaks loudest for those that pay attention.

1) You are very right; and yes there are surely other solutions which I have also said.

2) You're right again, but online petitions do not, and will not work, not for something like this. Ticket companies are far too big and far too powerful. It won't work.

If kids are using their parents to buy these tickets then parents can goto a convenient store and buy the prepaid credit card for their kid. They can put an exact amount on the card. These cards can be used anywhere. The kid can use the card to get into the concert and the parent can then instruct the kid to throw it away afterward.

This would give everyone a fair chance at getting good tickets for the REAL price. It is MUCH better then paying 300% for good tickets.

You should think past your own situation and look at the big picture. Besides, the prepaid credit card would be a way your parents could still pay for the tickets without having to be at the concert.

If kids are using their parents to buy these tickets then parents can goto a convenient store and buy the prepaid credit card for their kid. They can put an exact amount on the card. These cards can be used anywhere. The kid can use the card to get into the concert and the parent can then instruct the kid to throw it away afterward.

This would give everyone a fair chance at getting good tickets for the REAL price. It is MUCH better then paying 300% for good tickets.

You should think past your own situation and look at the big picture. Besides, the prepaid credit card would be a way your parents could still pay for the tickets without having to be at the concert.

I was all prepared to have a proper, well constructed debate with you until I read that bit. How dare you think I'm just thinking 'of my own situation'. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I used that just as an example? Perhaps I am not just thinking of my own situation, as you so charmingly put it, but thinking of the thousands of young fans who would face the same problem.

1) You are very right; and yes there are surely other solutions which I have also said.

2) You're right again, but online petitions do not, and will not work, not for something like this. Ticket companies are far too big and far too powerful. It won't work.

I think if you are going to have that kind of attitude, it won't work. We're not petitioning a ticket company after all, we are petitioning a band to consider other alternatives. There have been a few bands in the past who sell their own tickets, so its not like its impossible to do. Muse are at a point where they can actually reconsider ticketing resale options without worrying about how it will affect them financially. Also, if they buck the trend, maybe other artists will do so as well. You never know where it could lead, you just have to use your imagination and hope for the best. I do think letter writing is more effective as persuasive argument speaks a bit more than just signatures, but there are people who won't write letters cuz they don't feel they are able to express themselves very well that way, or they're just lazy. An online petition allows those people to participate without much effort at all. Maybe it IS futile, but you never know until you try, and certainly having a pessimistic attitude to the point of not even wanting to try is automatic failure. I would rather have tried and failed than not attempted to change something this retarded (ticketmaster etc) at all.

Also, I really do believe Muse are conscientious of their fanbase. That's why they can have big shows and not price gouge their audience by charging 110 dollars for a nose bleed ticket ala U2. So I do believe, if enough people show cause for concern they may be motivated to find a better way to conduct their business. Without their fans they don't have a career, so it IS important that their fans be able to access shows, and afford them as well.

They don't do them over here, and most ticket companies, as far as I know, will not allow them for box office collection. If they don't allow my visa electron debit, then they will not allow prepaid cards.

The reason why they don't accept Visa Electron Debit is because the full amount is required to be in the account before a purchase is made (it also says it's not available in the US). Chase requires that the vendor have the capability to check this before letting the consumer make the purchase. A lot of vendors do not accept this method of payment because they don't have the capability to check the amount in the account before swiping.

They don't do them over here, and most ticket companies, as far as I know, will not allow them for box office collection. If they don't allow my visa electron debit, then they will not allow prepaid cards.

Well, you are in the UK though. I think we are pressing for things to change in the US more than the UK. I don't know, do you guys have the same problem with your regional ticketing agency selling half the tickets out the backdoor to scalpers who turn around and chuck them on stubhub for 5x the face value? I ask sincerely.

When I bought tix for Wembley in 2007 I didn't have a problem with the ticketing agency at all, so I am curious as to what your experiences have been.

I was all prepared to have a proper, well constructed debate with you until I read that bit. How dare you think I'm just thinking 'of my own situation'. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I used that just as an example? Perhaps I am not just thinking of my own situation, as you so charmingly put it, but thinking of the thousands of young fans who would face the same problem.

As I have said, they can use a prepaid credit card which can be used for online purchases.

It's that simple.

You have good points Adrienne, but he lives in the UK. The rules might be different there. I tried to buy tix Muse's show in South Africa once--they don't even let you buy if you're from out of the country!

Archived