hey i noticed a lot of action on here since yesterday..can anyone fill me in?? can i still get GA tickets and if so how much and where? reallyyy dont have time to go back and read all the posts! much appreciated! :)

The general sale is on Saturday, I think it's at noon but you should double check that with ticketmsater. There should be GA tickets available then, but if I were you I'd try to be there right at the instant tix go on sale.

What you've missed so far is a band presale yesterday (that was awful :LOL:) and two presales today (one radio, one AmEx)

I hope that everyone realizes that after their SNL performance, these tickets are going to be even more expensive on stubhub, ebay, etc. It's probably best to get them in the next week or so before that happens. I guarantee their album will be top 10 on iTunes yet again too.

Although, I did manage to get very lucky with U2 and ended up with a pair in the first section right behind the stage as opposed to the nosebleeds I already had and that was about a week before the show.

I'm irritated that I could only get seats but I might just have to make do unless I can come up with some serious money.

Are you kidding? No one watches that show. VMA's were better exposure for the band.

Ticket prices from now until March 5 will do nothing but go down. Current prices reflect the laws of supply and demand. As they stabilize, more rational prices will appear. Does not matter who the act is. As the date approaches, you should be able to score GA for much closer to face value, and definitely under $100.

Are you kidding? No one watches that show. VMA's were better exposure for the band.

Ticket prices from now until March 5 will do nothing but go down. Current prices reflect the laws of supply and demand. As they stabilize, more rational prices will appear. Does not matter who the act is. As the date approaches, you should be able to score GA for much closer to face value, and definitely under $100.

I'm not so sure about that... my sister paid ~ $250 for a $35 Jonas Brothers ticket for my niece (yeah, I know :facepalm:) the day before the concert. Some of the broker type places she found online claimed to have $80 tickets, but when she contacted them those miraculously disappeared while other tickets for twice the price appeared in their place. They were all the same type of ticket, btw :rolleyes:

Anyone by any chance ever sit in the ballpark of section 102? I'm not sure if I should be satisfied or if I should go for better seats.

By comparison i've been in 96 before, couple rows back...U2 show a few years ago. Great show but felt a long way from the stage. You are a little closer in the corner. If it were me, I would just give it a shot to see what comes up. Who knows you may end up in the 50s or 70s which are great seats. I have also been in 123 for U2 and those are great seats also. go to MSG site and look at the seat view.

Anyone by any chance ever sit in the ballpark of section 102? I'm not sure if I should be satisfied or if I should go for better seats.

Have you looked at the seatview thingy on the MSG website? I don't have the link handy, someone posted it somewhere in the thread. It shows you what things looks like from the different sections.

I'm not so sure about that... my sister paid ~ $250 for a $35 Jonas Brothers ticket for my niece (yeah, I know :facepalm:) the day before the concert. Some of the broker type places she found online claimed to have $80 tickets, but when she contacted them those miraculously disappeared while other tickets for twice the price appeared in their place. They were all the same type of ticket, btw :rolleyes:

Yes...Jonas Brother can break the rules a bit. Irrational preteen and teen girls and their parents tend to throw things off. Fair point. If I really wanted GA, I would wait it out a bit and take my chances anyway.

Yes...Jonas Brother can break the rules a bit. Irrational preteen and teen girls and their parents tend to throw things off. Fair point. If I really wanted GA, I would wait it out a bit and take my chances anyway.

True... I think part of the issue will be how quickly the show sells out. If there are tickets still available (even crappy ones), they'll have a harder time convincing people to pay the big bucks... but if they've got the only tickets around they might bank on people getting increasingly desperate as the time approaches. They may go down from where they are now for a time, though, seeing as how the general sale hasn't even happened!

If I needed something, i'd probably get what I could get and then stake things out later, that way if all else fails at least I'm in. But I guess it all depends on how much money people have to spend....

hey thanks dead duck for the info! do u mean at the venue getting tix!? i was thinking of heading to a place that has ticketmaster like FYE. they print the tickets right there for you. would that increase my chances?? are you going to the concert!? i felt so bad i couldnt hook u up for the mtv show :(

hey thanks dead duck for the info! do u mean at the venue getting tix!? i was thinking of heading to a place that has ticketmaster like FYE. they print the tickets right there for you. would that increase my chances?? are you going to the concert!? i felt so bad i couldnt hook u up for the mtv show :(

Yeah, I'm going to this one :D No worries about the VMA thing! I'm glad you managed to get in, so many people got left outside.

I'm not sure about buying tickets in person, I bought mine online plus I'm a ticketbuying noob. I know one person in here mentioned trying to get them in person, not sure if they ended up doing that. Hopefully someone else can provide more useful info on your chances doing things in person vs on the net :)

this isn't true. you can make a case that a saturday night live audience might even appreciate muse more than the VMA audience who are so fixated on POP and anything mildly artistic just seems strange and unappealing. the VMAs this year got around 9 million viewers. SNL averages around 9 million total viewers per week, varying depending on who hosts and what band/performer is on. derek jeter appears to be hosting which in my opinion should be a fairly good attractor of viewers, especially in the new york viewing area. so the idea of increased ticket demand for MSG after SNL is not entirely impossible. however i agree that once that phenomenon (if it exists) occurs for a few weeks, prices should then come down and stabilize finally.

It's probably just the presale, I can't imagine they wouldn't hold any floor tickets back for the general sale :stunned:

I hope all the people who didn't get what they wanted can get a chance in the general sale! But on the bright side - we are all going to be seeing Muse :awesome:

BTW what's the deal with the seats that say "opening act not visible"? Are those the ones behind the stage? (since the curtains on the towers will block stuff before Muse is out)

Thanks for making me see the good in it, sure I might have crap seats and if I dont get GA saturday I'm keeping them BUT... I'm Seeing MUSE!!!! I get to hear the songs live, and even if they look tiny I can still see them and just to be there is amazing.:)

the bad thing about the GA tickets: if you have to be all the way in the back of the crowd (section 8ish?).

The way it was set up in 2007 at MSG when Muse played was they fenced in 5, 6, 7, 8, made a five foot wide walkway in front of those sections, then another fence, and the GA section began. It'll probably be the same.

The way it was set up in 2007 at MSG when Muse played was they fenced in 5, 6, 7, 8, made a five foot wide walkway in front of those sections, then another fence, and the GA section began. It'll probably be the same.

this. and i had GA tix and felt the best spot was all the way in the back of GA against the rail. total view of stage, accurate and immense sound. if you like getting thrown around you probably wanna be up close but IMO that is the single best place to be for viewing/acoustic pleasures.

this. and i had GA tix and felt the best spot was all the way in the back of GA against the rail. total view of stage, accurate and immense sound. if you like getting thrown around you probably wanna be up close but IMO that is the single best place to be for viewing/acoustic pleasures.

My sentiments exactly. At the MSG 2007 show, I was dead center in the seats just beyond the GA barrier, and at minimum could tell it was a sweet spot sound-wise. Not as exciting as being right up front obviously, but you are close enough to see the band members acting and interacting, yet far enough back to take in the full impact of the visuals.

Sure wish I had been just in front of that barrier with you though, because the barrier itself did interfere with the experience. That, along with the couple of 13 year olds I was chaperoning. (I'm the "cool aunt".) ;)

Yes, you're spot on. We were about halfway back in GA in '07 and it was great! Its nice to have a little space to move too. And how ace were the balloons during PIB? :happy:

Thanks for making me see the good in it, sure I might have crap seats and if I dont get GA saturday I'm keeping them BUT... I'm Seeing MUSE!!!! I get to hear the songs live, and even if they look tiny I can still see them and just to be there is amazing.:)

Yeah, I had nosebleed seats to the back right of the stage (so kinda next to/behind matt) when I saw them with U2 and although I would have appreciated having a better view, I still had a great time :D

My sentiments exactly. At the MSG 2007 show, I was dead center in the seats just beyond the GA barrier, and at minimum could tell it was a sweet spot sound-wise. Not as exciting as being right up front obviously, but you are close enough to see the band members acting and interacting, yet far enough back to take in the full impact of the visuals.

Sure wish I had been just in front of that barrier with you though, because the barrier itself did interfere with the experience. That, along with the couple of 13 year olds I was chaperoning. (I'm the "cool aunt".) ;)

Hah! That's exactly where I was and there was a bunch of teenagers in front of me! Maybe I saw you! :LOL:

hubby managed to get 2 loge tix in the radio presale today.. Since we struck out in the presale yesterday. They aren't bad.. Section 44, row B. I am still gonna see if I can get closer to the stage with the general sale saturday.

what do you mean by see if you can get closer? we bought tickets during the presale

(section 106) but i wish we could get closer, is it possible to trade the tickets in for closer tickets?

Archived