monkey_paw

I would say Showbiz, Uno, Bliss, Yes Please (like that is going to happen!) and Fillip, but yeah, it would be cool to cordinate something! Can you give me the link to the voting page? Because i can't find it.

The voting's over, I'm afraid :)

I'd better get around to buying a ticket soon, the partout tickets have sold out already! :happy:

With the festival only 10 days away, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a Camp Muse at Roskilde. Non of my friends are going so I don't really have anyone to camp with, and I think it would be a great way to meet you fellow musers. I realize that most of you most likely have already made camping arrangements, but I thought I'de give it a go and see if anyone would be interested...

With the festival only 10 days away, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a Camp Muse at Roskilde. Non of my friends are going so I don't really have anyone to camp with, and I think it would be a great way to meet you fellow musers. I realize that most of you most likely have already made camping arrangements, but I thought I'de give it a go and see if anyone would be interested...

Sounds like an amazing idea! Well, i live in Roskilde, okay... 20 kilometers away, so I'm going to sleep at home, but if a Musecamp was created i would go visit it (:

Sounds like an amazing idea! Well, i live in Roskilde, okay... 20 kilometers away, so I'm going to sleep at home, but if a Musecamp was created i would go visit it (:

Ah, fuck, I don't know how to multi-quote :D But well, Muse camp sounds like an awesome idea, even though I'm going to sleep at home as well (live in Copenhagen and I'm not really too fond of all that camping-stuff, plus I might have to write a few articles during the festival) - but I would really like to pay a visit too and maybe meet you both at the show :)

Ah, fuck, I don't know how to multi-quote :D But well, Muse camp sounds like an awesome idea, even though I'm going to sleep at home as well (live in Copenhagen and I'm not really too fond of all that camping-stuff, plus I might have to write a few articles during the festival) - but I would really like to pay a visit too and maybe meet you both at the show :)

God, you're so lucky. Actullay I am not much of a camping girl myself. Went to my first festival in 2007 (Roskilde as well) And it was pouring rain the entire week, and let me tell you it wasn't exactly the ultimate festival I'd hoped it would be. Some wasted dude pissed on my bed. Super gross I know. And I had to walk all the way to the city by myself to get my sleeping bag washed at a luanderette. I know it sounds pretty funny, and I laugh at it when ever it crosses my mind, becuase it was such low point, but let me tell you, it wasn't as funny three years ago. Had it not been for muse playing the most :awesome: concert the day after, I proberbly wouldn't have returned to Roskilde.. ever... But I though I'de give it a go agian this summer, with this absolutely epic line-up. I am sure it is gonna be the best.. But I really need someone to camp with. Especially since I wont be able to make it before the 29th (I have my graduation party on the 28th, it's shit, i know) and with the festival having sold out, I guess I'm going to sleep like a 100 km away form the music area if I don't have arangements before I go (or worse.. right next to the toilets..) I can't belive I haven't though of this before, it would be so much fun if it worked out. God I'm ranting I'm sory... Anyway, maybe I should post a seperate thread for this, so more people would notice? What do you think? And where should i post it? I'de hate to think it's to late to make it work...

As a reply to you two guys before this reply:

The seperate thread thing is a good idea! but if that don't work out, we could make a Muse fan meet-up? That would be cool, I would love to meet other Muse fans from DK (or from other countries, hahaha) 'cause I really don't know anyone!

As a reply to you two guys before this reply:

The seperate thread thing is a good idea! but if that don't work out, we could make a Muse fan meet-up? That would be cool, I would love to meet other Muse fans from DK (or from other countries, hahaha) 'cause I really don't know anyone!

Mimmi, have you tried the forum on http://www.roskilde-festival.dk? I have no idea if it's any good though ... And I'm totally ready for a Muse fan meet-up, could be really nice :)

Okay so I've figured out camping arrangements so it's not really a problem for me anymore and since the festival is only like 6 days away (OMG :awesome:) It seems to me, a bit to late to really get the camp thing going, even though it would be so great if we could do it. I promise to get on it as soon as Muse are a confirmed act on their next Roskilde Festival line-up... Anyway, yes a meet-up sounds like a really good idea. Even though we'll probably meet each other in the queue anyway. I'm skiping Kashmir to get in line. I would have liked to see them, but what can I say... The Muse moshpit is simply to :awesome: to miss out on.... But maybe we should arrange something a part from that. Possibly during warm up.. what do you guys think?

Okay so I've figured out camping arrangements so it's not really a problem for me anymore and since the festival is only like 6 days away (OMG :awesome:) It seems to me, a bit to late to really get the camp thing going, even though it would be so great if we could do it. I promise to get on it as soon as Muse are a confirmed act on their next Roskilde Festival line-up... Anyway, yes a meet-up sounds like a really good idea. Even though we'll probably meet each other in the queue anyway. I'm skiping Kashmir to get in line. I would have liked to see them, but what can I say... The Muse moshpit is simply to :awesome: to miss out on.... But maybe we should arrange something a part from that. Possibly during warm up.. what do you guys think?

So happy to hear that you've fixed the camping thing :)

I wanna get in line too, but even though I've been to Roskilde before, I've really got no idea how that actually works ... my boyfriend says there's a closed area in front of the stage that you have to get in line for, but he's not quite sure whether they'll empty it after every show or what. Kashmir is on Orange too, and it's 3 hours before Muse, so I was thinking that either I would try to get to the front even before Kashmir to be ready and then watch Kashmir as a bonus, or at least I would be able to watch Kashmir while waiting in line ... but does anyone know a little bit more about how it works?

I'm in for a Muse meet-up! I'm also going alone, so I'll only be there for a day. I didn't feel like going to the festival all by my lonesome, but I didn't want to miss out on Muse entirely, so I got myself a one-day ticket, despite the rip-off it is compared to a full ticket. :LOL:

I'm not sure how the "getting-to-the-front" process works either... I too have heard of a que leading to a magical and mysterious front-pit where bags are not allowed... But it being a festival, I'm not sure if things will be actually closed off... I guess I'll just get there early and ask around. Even though my parents are somewhat Roskilde veterans, they don't seem to know either. :facepalm:

I doubt that they'll have a que going for Muse while Kashmir is playing though, that sounds silly... I think that a good plan would be getting to the front during Kashmir, then staying there. Although, I guess then you're screwed if they close off the pit for Muse, since you'll be the last one out of it, and last one in the que for the next show. :erm:

Woohoo! More nice people in for a meet-up! This is gonna be great :D

I think that a good plan would be getting to the front during Kashmir, then staying there. Although, I guess then you're screwed if they close off the pit for Muse, since you'll be the last one out of it, and last one in the que for the next show. :erm:

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm worried about too. I guess we'll just have to keep researching on this.

I am pretty sure they empty the pit after every show. It wouldn't be fair if the same people where to be at the front for all the concerts. Last time I went I stood in line for Muse while Arctic Monkeys were playing and I got in. I was almost at the front. I want to stand in the other side this time though (infront of Bellz :p). My plan is to check it out Thursday or Friday and then go from there. I don't know if you guys have the muse app for iPhone/iPod touch? Then we would be able to communicate during the festival. That would make the planing a whole lot easier...

I am pretty sure they empty the pit after every show. It wouldn't be fair if the same people where to be at the front for all the concerts. Last time I went I stood in line for Muse while Arctic Monkeys were playing and I got in. I was almost at the front.

Sounds like I was wrong then. :LOL: Oh well, at least we know how it works then, and can plan accordingly!

I don't know if you guys have the muse app for iPhone/iPod touch? Then we would be able to communicate during the festival. That would make the planing a whole lot easier...

I don't have any of the i-devices, so I'm not going to be able to do anything along those lines, sorry.

Okay so I would suggest a place and time for the meet-up, but it's been quite a while since I my last Roskilde experince, and I don't really remember that much about good places to meet up, I figured there might be someone here who'd be better fit for such a suggestion. Anyone?

I am pretty sure they empty the pit after every show. It wouldn't be fair if the same people where to be at the front for all the concerts.

Yep. But, when Radiohead played a few years ago they had a separate 'radiohead' queue for people to wait in all day, alongside the normal pit queue. Dunno if the Muse hype will be that crazy or not.

Just found out that tickets for the 3rd have sold out.

And I haven't bought one yet :eek:

So I'm searching for one all over the internet...

:eek:

Oh god, I'm so glad I made it. I had skipped out on buying them because of Roskilde not having officially announced when Muse were playing (They announced the 3rd, then removed that announcement). I just bought it a few days ago. :eek:

Hope you can find a ticket, somewhere. :stunned:

Yep. But, when Radiohead played a few years ago they had a separate 'radiohead' queue for people to wait in all day, alongside the normal pit queue. Dunno if the Muse hype will be that crazy or not.

I don't know either, I can only tell you what they did last time Muse played. But I guess we'll figure it all out when we get there :)

I think seeing as Saturday is now the only fully sold-out day, Muse will be hyped enough. :LOL:

I guess we'll be meeting in the que then? :D

Yeah, I guess we can just meet in the queue ... I would like to be able to suggest some other great meeting place, but I don't really know what to suggest.

How early are you guys planning on queuing then?

And damn, Anxyous, I hope you'll be able to get a ticket somehow ...

I don't know.. On one hand, I feel like going to the legendary Roskilde Festival then seeing no other bands or events than Muse playing is a bad use of money and a waste of opportunity, but on the other hand... I want to be at the front if I can. :LOL:

I guess if left up to my own devices, I'd go there sometime around 15-17, but if we're meeting up I'd be willing to que earlier or later, if that meant having someone to talk to. :p

Can't we just be really attentive and start the queue as soon as possible (I'm planning on standing on the west side of the stage). I think it is going to be around the time when the queue for Kashmir is gone, but I'll keep my eyes open so that if it starts before I will be there... The latest performances I want to see before Muse that day anyway (besides Kashmir) are FM Belfast or Vampire Weekend (haven't really decided yet) and they are both at 17 o'clock and each band play like what, an hour? :unsure: But anyway, that leaves plenty of time untill 22:30. I don't see what else we can do?

Archived