There is a big sign that guides you right from the motorway. It's quite easy to find ;) But wow you're gonna do some driving. I'm impressed.

That's good.

With the tent and bags it is cheaper to drive than take a plane as we will be 3 in the car and we split the costs and I have had a look from Calais if we cut across Belgium it is pretty much a straight line.

Oh yeah, good point - we can have a bit of time out of the festival to explore our surroundings, and get food and toilet roll (I'm taking loo roll to a festival or I'm not going :LOL:) and supplies there :)

Ah, I'm sure we'll get by. . .somehow :LOL: I know some basic German!

Really, that's not bad at all! Only thing is, if you're all driving back to Paris and staying there. . .:erm:

:chuckle:

Toilet roll is first on the list of supplies :yesey:

Don't worry the plan atm is to get back to the UK first and then go to France :happy:

Now just need to buy the god damn ticket!!!

Okay so it looks like we are all happy with Rock IM Park (I'm sure Debs and Chris will be happy with that) :D Once good thing as well being central is that we could always use some of the time to explore and visit the town. Plus having shops around means we can cut down on camping supplies to carry in transport.

Trying to drive into town and finding the place using German signage should a laugh tho :LOL:

@Ali: I have had a look at Eurotunnel and a 5 day pass for 1 car is £84 (divided by 3 of us) + share of petrol :happy:

EDIT: just read the 2 HILLS bit and yeah - def. RiP then :LOL:

Yeah site seeing is a really nice bonus! :happy: Know nothing about the town though :LOL: Once my computer starts behaving I will do more research. I think Air Berlin was quite a nice site, I also noticed Birmingham have many options to get to Nurnburg :happy:

Ah, good idea!

:yesey:

Need to make some money.

When do tickets go on sale I am confused? :$

Tickets are already on sale for 140 euros and they will go up to 150 euros after the 1st Jan (that's for 3 day pass with camping)

What the fuck just noticed the 34Euro shipping fee! :stunned: Fuck that in the arse, it's a ticket not a god damn hippopotamus! It is however 9Euros to ship to Switzerland and I have family there.. hmm..

My cousin has a lot of friends in germania, maybe I'll ask him to see if I can post my ticket there and then they can post to me at a good price.

Wow, Germany is a frustrating country to travel in :LOL: Stansted to Memmingen, train from Memmingen to Nuremburg :unsure: This needs so much thinking out may leave it a while

Sounds like a fun journey :LOL:

I am starting to be really glad that I am driving... and I am not the keenest of driver at least I know what we'll be listening in the car on the way down ;)

Haha your av! :LOL: Yeah I may as well get the Air Berlin flight to Nuremburg I think

Rudolph!Chris is awesome, y/y?!

Air Berlin have a good rep as well apparently.

Sounds like a fun journey :LOL:

I am starting to be really glad that I am driving... and I am not the keenest of driver at least I know what we'll be listening in the car on the way down ;)

Singalong? :awesome:

Will they sell day tickets later on?

I think so. There were day tickets the last two years. If I remember right, a day ticket cost at about 75€.. could be more this year, the ticket price has gone insane. :mad: 2007 a 3-day-ticket cost 114€.

Anyway, you can only buy the day-tickets directly at the festival and there are not that many.

edit: Talking about RiP, btw.

I think so. There were day tickets the last two years. If I remember right, a day ticket cost at about 75€.. could be more this year, the ticket price has gone insane. :mad: 2007 a 3-day-ticket cost 114€.

Anyway, you can only buy the day-tickets directly at the festival and there are not that many.

edit: Talking about RiP, btw.

lol, youre complaining about 145€, compared to UK festival prices, thats cheap! :LOL:

Went to Rock Im Park this year and it was my 1st festival abroad since i usually went to Oxegen. Thought it was great so more relaxed then Oxegen and way better line up. I flew from Dublin to Frankfurt for €130 and got the train down to Nuremburg which was quite expensive but if you book your train ticket online it will be a lot cheaper ( so we were told by Irish people we met on the way back from the festival) When you arrive in nuremburg you get the tram down to the campsite area which is free after you get your weekend band (but we bought tickets for the tram just incase but was never asked for it ) . The town is really nice and quite , we found a subway which was where we went every morning for food and to use the toilets :) , although i will say that the toilets at RIP were very clean when i used them (way better n cleaner den d 1s at Oxegen) .

Since there is only 3 stages its quite handy to get around the arena . The main stage had only 1 pit but was split in the middle so there was 2 entrances ( 1 on the left n 1 on the right) . The one thing i didnt like was the pit and the second stage i felt there was no need for it because there was never really any security there to direct traffic so when people were leavin the pit people were also going in so it was very squashed and since the entrance was relatively small it didnt help matters.

Apart from the pit at the second stage i hope to go back again next year :) and am loving the announced bands so far

• 4 weeks later...

Archived