I got a presale ticket...actually chose the first one I was given which isn't that bad of a seat. But hoping to try again. I'm bummed that my friend doesn't want GA though. :( Either way, I'm so excited because I never thought I'd be able to watch Muse live. Figured it would only be in my dreams. :p

I was able to get 4 GA tix this morning at 10. The first time ticketmaster has ever cooperated with me. I didn't find the site to be slow at all, typed in Uprising, selected 4 tickets and was good to go. I also checked the price, and seating drop down list, and specifically choose what I want. I don't trust the best available business. Also, I signed in to ticketmaster before 10:00am, so I didn't have to waste time doing that when it came to buying the tickets.

I was able to get 4 GA tix this morning at 10. The first time ticketmaster has ever cooperated with me. I didn't find the site to be slow at all, typed in Uprising, selected 4 tickets and was good to go. I also checked the price, and seating drop down list, and specifically choose what I want. I don't trust the best available business. Also, I signed in to ticketmaster before 10:00am, so I didn't have to waste time doing that when it came to buying the tickets.

Kudos to you for being calm and organized. Some of us definintely freaked out at 10 and didn't get the seats we wanted because of it :$ I think the whole "Best Available" thing is kinda funny. Ticketmaster's idea of the best available is probably not the same as a Muse fan's definition of the best available. I'd like to find somewhere on their site where they clearly define the parameters of the Best Available selection, just for kick. Glad you got your tickets :happy:

I went on right at 10:00 and selected that specifically wanted 2 GA tickets - None Available. I then went back through and selected "best available" and 2 GAs came up - go figure. Anyway, it might have been a fluke but I am happy.

I also had that problem - I was literally on right at 10AM and there was no GA. As I already had seated tix from the confusing MUSE pre-sale instead of GA, I thought, "What the hell. Just keep trying best available for the next couple of minutes and see what happens." So like a rat in a cage pressing the button for a treat, I did that for 20 minutes and lo and behold, I got one set of GA and then Ticketmaster gave me like 30 seconds to check out which was a hellish experience.

The upshot is that out of 50 tries at least, I only saw GA once. I guarantee you that ticketmaster's general sale will be much easier and less hassle and they will have GA. If you kept at the DC101 pre-sale long enough you could see the pattern in tickets - it was the same sections over and over again. Deja-vous bingo with very little GA.

Having said all this, I will take back the mean things I said about the MUSE pre-sale. While an absolute confusing palava, the sections were better than today's pre-sale selection.

Fret not, though, for those without GA or with wrong tickets. Get them in the ticketmaster general sale or swap them on the board or check craigslist. You will get some.

Having never been, I don't know what to expect. It looks relatively small and so I think I believe the person who said, no matter where you sit you'll get a good view (unless behind the stage).

Is this true or poppycock?

I wanna take a poll - is GA worth the hassle or is seating really where it's at? How many GA can they fit on the court?

U2 @ Scott Stadium probably had 6,000 tix for GA, but for MUSE no one cared and so you could easily get 5-10 people back from the pit and see awesome as long as a tall bloke wasn't in front of you.

I wonder what the GA capacity is?

Yeah, I was probably freaking myself out because I want the tickets so badly. Who wouldn't?!

My experience with ticketmaster general sales is that if you want GA immediately put in floor and don't even look at anything else. GA will probably go first because they are cheapest and college students don't want to pay for seats :)

I learned the hard way on this one and had to get my GA off of craigslist in past experiences.

And definitely have your crazy tickemaster account set up and your payment details in the system. I'm a superfast typer and I'm almost threw my computer across the room today because of their insanely short timers.

Oh yeah and if you use Mastercard, watch out for the stupid Securecode verification thing. I almost lost my GA tix today because of that extra security nightmare. I couldn't get it to work and I had like 2 minutes in which to enter my visa info and billing before I lost them. I swear to god I felt like I was de-activating a time bomb. I had like 30 seconds to spare. It was insanity.

Oh and after all that, I get to spend like $20 bucks or more in Ticketmaster fees. WTF? Seriously, if they allow Ticketmaster to buy Livenation we're all screwed. They'll own the venues and all major ticketing. Nice.

Rant off now.

I'm finally at a real computer. :LOL: The pre-sale is over now' date=' isn't it? I tried about 4 times in the last 10 minutes for any ticket and it says 'no exact matches were found, but other tickets may be available'.[/quote']

tomorrow is your ticket day. If you're right there at 10AM, you will get decent tickets. Ticketmaster always holds back most of the best seats for their own audience. You should be fine - make sure you've got all your account stuff set up though. Nothing sucks worse than having the seats you want and then losing them cause Ticketmaster times you out.

I'm finally at a real computer. :LOL: The pre-sale is over now' date=' isn't it? I tried about 4 times in the last 10 minutes for any ticket and it says 'no exact matches were found, but other tickets may be available'.[/quote']

I think the presale technically went until like 10PM or something, but the tickets may be gone already...

tomorrow is your ticket day. If you're right there at 10AM, you will get decent tickets. Ticketmaster always holds back most of the best seats for their own audience. You should be fine - make sure you've got all your account stuff set up though. Nothing sucks worse than having the seats you want and then losing them cause Ticketmaster times you out.

Thanks for reminding me about setting up my account first. I had a Ticketmaster account for the Muse/U2 show but I do need to check and make sure I remember the right password to my account. :)

Thanks for reminding me about setting up my account first. I had a Ticketmaster account for the Muse/U2 show but I do need to check and make sure I remember the right password to my account. :)

yes! I put in the wrong one this morning trying to get my ticket and was like :eek: but fortunately I tried another one and it worked!

I also had the issue with the MC verification and fighting against the clock! gah I had to enter all this info I wasn't expecting! They gave me like 5mins, though, so it ended up being ok, but it made me so nervous!

wow. lots of !!'s in this post :chuckle:

I think the presale technically went until like 10PM or something, but the tickets may be gone already...

You're probably right. I have a feeling it is eventually going to be sold out, unlike when they were there in 2007.

yes! I put in the wrong one this morning trying to get my ticket and was like :eek: but fortunately I tried another one and it worked!

I also had the issue with the MC verification and fighting against the clock! gah I had to enter all this info I wasn't expecting! They gave me like 5mins, though, so it ended up being ok, but it made me so nervous!

wow. lots of !!'s in this post :chuckle:

I just double checked and I remembered it right :LOL:. I'll be at the library at a computer before 10am tomorrow. I'll be ready this time!!!!

Just a random musing (ha...). Over on stubhub, they only have tickets for floor 1 and floor 2 selling. Does this mean no one bought tix for floor sections 3 - 6, and does that mean we can assume they still have a fair bit of GA tix left? Just wondering. I didn't know the venue sold their floor tickets by GA1, GA2, and so on. If they even do, maybe stubhub is just weird that way?

http://www.stubhub.com/muse-tickets/muse-fairfax-patriot-center-3-1-2010-918548/

That's the venue map I was looking at. I would just assume since there are no tickets for sale yet in the other sections, the pre-sale didn't sell anything from them, and they'll all be ripe for picking tomorrow :D maybe...

Just a random musing (ha...). Over on stubhub, they only have tickets for floor 1 and floor 2 selling. Does this mean no one bought tix for floor sections 3 - 6, and does that mean we can assume they still have a fair bit of GA tix left? Just wondering. I didn't know the venue sold their floor tickets by GA1, GA2, and so on. If they even do, maybe stubhub is just weird that way?

http://www.stubhub.com/muse-tickets/muse-fairfax-patriot-center-3-1-2010-918548/

That's the venue map I was looking at. I would just assume since there are no tickets for sale yet in the other sections, the pre-sale didn't sell anything from them, and they'll all be ripe for picking tomorrow :D maybe...

I'm not sure if they actually do. Ticketmaster just says Floor Seating. So I don't think their are any particular sections for that. http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15004388A30D67A2?artistid=710165&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

heres a pic of the patriot center: http://www.patriotcenter.com/tickets/seating.shtml

I think tomorrow they'll have floor tix available. As long as you get on right at 10. I hope so because I really want floor tix. :supersad:

good luck to everyone tomorrow in the general sale.. I will be trying for GAs since I got squat in the presale yesterday.. That was one sucky presale..

IMO, Muse is too big now for this type of presale here in the US. They need to go to presale codes and paid memberships (not that I want this to happen but it must). Presales that are open to EVERYONE leaves the loyal fans with none basically.

I think they underestimated themselves and how ticket sales may go here this tour.. I know there has been a delay in their popularity here in the US compared to Europe and I think that is where they think they are at but as the presales showed this week it is definitely not the case now (and with the huge success of the album and the exposure they got opening for U2 this has changed their level of popularity). It's great to see this kind of surge in popularity for them but it sucks for us fans trying to get tickets..

I also noticed that the confirmation e-mail which I received from the Muse presale on Wednesday stated my tickets are "GA Floor (P1)". This makes me wonder if there's going to be a super close VIP floor section blocked off and maybe another section behind that.

I doubt it'll be split up into 6 sections as the stubhub map shows. Ticketmaster shows it as one big section with no chairs.

I also noticed that the confirmation e-mail which I received from the Muse presale on Wednesday stated my tickets are "GA Floor (P1)". This makes me wonder if there's going to be a super close VIP floor section blocked off and maybe another section behind that.

I doubt it'll be split up into 6 sections as the stubhub map shows. Ticketmaster shows it as one big section with no chairs.

the "P1" notation is just a accounting code. GA at Patriot center is open floor, first come first in. No sections as far as GA goes.. I have been to several shows there including their last show in Aug 2007 and that is how it was. There are no VIP sections at that venue.

the "P1" notation is just a accounting code. GA at Patriot center is open floor, first come first in. No sections as far as GA goes.. I have been to several shows there including their last show in Aug 2007 and that is how it was. There are no VIP sections at that venue.

While there may not typically be any VIP section at Patriot Center, they certainly could make one (like they do at Verizon for some shows). I do not think the P1-6 mean anything concrete and believe it will be an open GA floor. The show is nearly four months away so who knows what they will end up doing!!!

Does ordering more than one GA ticket at a time make it more difficult than if you'd order one and then go back to order another?

I would like to buy two GA tickets, but I really only need one (for myself). The 2nd one would be for someone who might go with me, but it is not definate. I'm wondering if I should try to get both at the same time, or should I order one at a time so I am sure I will get at least one? :erm:

Edit: :$ Nevermind, I think I'm just freaking out a little. :LOL:

I wasn't expecting it to be split into sections or anything. If it's an accounting code or whatever, I assume then if the code goes up to P6 and all they've sold so far is up to P2 then I reckon they have plenty of floor tickets left, right?

Anyway, it's all kinda moot now, since everyone knows there'll be plenty GA available. No point trying to decipher all the accounting codes and mysterious ways of ticket sales.

Archived