lol, I was on ticketmaster at 10, everything was running smoothly until the security captcha thingy came up, and i was like "huh? what the...i can't read this!" the first word was 'cancellation' and the second looked like it said 'fire' or 'fighter' or 'fine' or something, i have no freakin clue. so i spent all of ten precious seconds trying to decipher it, and then gave in and clicked the little box to request a different captcha and it took at least a full minute and half to give me a new one. lol, of all the stupid things to get in the way of my GA ticket. ah well. if i manage to fall into some wealth between now and the show i might shell out the extra bucks on ebay or stubhub or something for a GA ticket, or i might just be lazy and keep my seat - sect 102, row AA, not half bad yeah? or find a swap on musebay. or something. i dunno. it'll be cool just to be there, no matter where i'm standing.

lol, I was on ticketmaster at 10, everything was running smoothly until the security captcha thingy came up, and i was like "huh? what the...i can't read this!" the first word was 'cancellation' and the second looked like it said 'fire' or 'fighter' or 'fine' or something, i have no freakin clue. so i spent all of ten precious seconds trying to decipher it, and then gave in and clicked the little box to request a different captcha and it took at least a full minute and half to give me a new one. lol, of all the stupid things to get in the way of my GA ticket. ah well. if i manage to fall into some wealth between now and the show i might shell out the extra bucks on ebay or stubhub or something for a GA ticket, or i might just be lazy and keep my seat - sect 102, row AA, not half bad yeah? or find a swap on musebay. or something. i dunno. it'll be cool just to be there, no matter where i'm standing.

aww i hate it when i can't read the security code thingy! But I swear there have been times where I've typed in the wrong thing and it's let me through :unsure:

Sounds like decent seats, though :D

EDIT: btw i just tried to look for tickets and when I did 2 any price any location, it told me there were no matches :unsure: I got one when I said only 1 person... so all that's left is single seats?

aww i hate it when i can't read the security code thingy! But I swear there have been times where I've typed in the wrong thing and it's let me through :unsure:

I've never in my life had one of those things that I couldn't read! So naturally, the first time it's indecipherable is for Muse tickets. But I figure a front row seat in a semi-close section is the best a kid could really hope for at this point. Last time I saw them I was front and center on the barricade, so maybe this is just the universe's way of telling me to back off and let someone else get the awesome floor views. :happy:

EDIT: btw i just tried to look for tickets and when I did 2 any price any location, it told me there were no matches :unsure: I got one when I said only 1 person... so all that's left is single seats?

I typed in so many different security codes, I think I saw the same word come up twice! :LOL:

I did go back to see if I could get another GA ticket and it kept saying none available again.

Oh Geezus that was so much suspence. I was on at like 9:55 and kept on refreshing the page till 10:01 and finally got into the tickets clicked GA and it said none were available so then I was like someone On this board was talking about how they kept at it so I decided okay I am going to give this another go. And did that like 4 times on best availablee. and eventually got a GA and was shocked for a few seconds and relized I was being timed and rushed through the check out accidentally clicked online printing xD had to pay extra but I got my ticket I was shocked and red for like half an hour in class with a smile plastered across my face because I told my teacher I had to use the computer because someone was sending me hw at 10 xD

Oh geez~ x)

so thank you whom ever posted what they did

I took it to heart and tried and tried

and got the ticket I wanted

and yeah I hate capcha w.e. it is I always fail~ but I got some letter wrong and they let me though! :D

So yes this board helped my chances thank you everyone :awesome::dance:

thats awesome! i was spazzing out because it was saying ga was unavailable. then finally i got one and im soooo happy. hey maybe ill see you there! :awesome:

:awesome:

Yeah, it was crazy for awhile there, posting here on the board and then rushing back to the 3 screens I had up of Ticketmaster to check on tickets over and over again. I hope no one in the library was looking at me. :$

Hey everyone, I made a group for all of us who are going to this show, just something in addition to this thread to post in. It's here: http://board.muse.mu/group.php?groupid=378

:D

I was clicking at 10am PROMPT with no luck. I finally called the Patriot Center at 11:30am and they said the G/A tickets sold out within the first minute of the sale. :mad:

At least I have seats somewhere! Seeing the G/A tix now on ebay just piss me off :p

See you all there!

wow.. tix gone in the first min.. jeez!

I struck out with the presale, dc 101 presale and the general sale.. I just can't believe the demand for GAs this time.. I have never in all my years of going to concerts been shut out so bad for a show like this.

if anyone has GA tix to sell I would love to buy them from you. PLEASE.. this loyal Muse fan is begging and pleading..

Please email me at Liams_mom@yahoo.com

damn... it sounds like the scalpers were all over this :mad: i hate it so much! they really just shouldn't do presales like this, it's way too easy for non-fans to get a presale code. They should have done an email code, only for those registered on the muse site. That would at least fend off some of the less-determined scalpers...

damn... it sounds like the scalpers were all over this :mad: i hate it so much! they really just shouldn't do presales like this, it's way too easy for non-fans to get a presale code. They should have done an email code, only for those registered on the muse site. That would at least fend off some of the less-determined scalpers...

I know! As I posted elsewhere their management/promoters should of had the foresight to see that their current presale system is antiquated and would not meet the demand for tickets, especially GAs.. Not to mention the venues they are playing at, especially in the DC area. They should of played Verizon Center which is alot bigger then the Patriot Center which they played last tour. They can no longer can do it this way, it needs to be paid memberships with presale codes emailed to members only.

btw there were no presale codes for the official site presale that was on wednesday, all you had to do was register on the site which is FREE TO EVERYONE.. So who ended up with the coveted GAs? SCALPERS AND TOUTS THATS WHO....:mad:

I did everything I could to get a couple of GAs for a show in my area, the VA show. I and a friend both were on our computers wed morning promptly at 10am to try for tickets and got nothing.. Then we participated in the DC 101 presale yesterday and none came up, then today me, my husband and friend all tried to get GAs and got none...I have never seen anything like this in all my years going to concerts and particpating in presales, even U2 has never been this insane..

Scalpers are selling GAs for a minimum of 200 to 1,000 bucks a ticket! Go look on ebay, stub hub and ticketsnow. You will see what I mean.. Seriously the management needs to see this and do something about it! These tickets are $55 a piece and people are selling them for at least 10 times their face value..

I know! As I posted elsewhere their management/promoters should of had the foresight to see that their current presale system is antiquated and would not meet the demand for tickets, especially GAs.. Not to mention the venues they are playing at, especially in the DC area. They should of played Verizon Center which is alot bigger then the Patriot Center which they played last tour. They can no longer can do it this way, it needs to be paid memberships with presale codes emailed to members only.

btw there were no presale codes for the official site presale that was on wednesday, all you had to do was register on the site which is FREE TO EVERYONE.. So who ended up with the coveted GAs? SCALPERS AND TOUTS THATS WHO....:mad:

I disagree with your bolded comment. I don't believe they should require paid memberships. The problem with the band presale wasn't that no one had to pay for codes, it's that there were none. The link to the presale was posted on the site without requiring even a registration here.

For the Teignmouth and UK stadium shows, they did a thing where they put a unique code in everyone's profile to be used for the band presale. Only people who registered before the concert/presale was announced got a code (so you couldn't go and register the day of and get the code) From what I saw that system worked fine.

For the european tour there was a list of dates with presale links sent out to people on the mailing list (this was before the new site was up) and I'm pretty sure the only way you could get to the presale was to click the links that were in the email. I think there were more problems with that system than with the profile codes, but it was still better than what they did for us.

It doesn't seem like all that much thought was put into the presale for these dates...

and BTW i got a GA ticket thru wednesday's presale, so it wasn't just scalpers ;)

EDIT: Not that I'm saying the system is good or I'm not bothered by the scalpers, I just don't think that paid fanclub type thing is the only good solution.

I disagree with your bolded comment. I don't believe they should require paid memberships. The problem with the band presale wasn't that no one had to pay for codes, it's that there were none. The link to the presale was posted on the site without requiring even a registration here.

For the Teignmouth and UK stadium shows, they did a thing where they put a unique code in everyone's profile to be used for the band presale. Only people who registered before the concert/presale was announced got a code (so you couldn't go and register the day of and get the code) From what I saw that system worked fine.

For the european tour there was a list of dates with presale links sent out to people on the mailing list (this was before the new site was up) and I'm pretty sure the only way you could get to the presale was to click the links that were in the email. I think there were more problems with that system than with the profile codes, but it was still better than what they did for us.

It doesn't seem like all that much thought was put into the presale for these dates...

and BTW i got a GA ticket thru wednesday's presale, so it wasn't just scalpers ;)

EDIT: Not that I'm saying the system is good or I'm not bothered by the scalpers, I just don't think that paid fanclub type thing is the only good solution.

well, i disagree with ya but everyone has their own opinion and that is fine.. Yes I know a rare few such as yourself got GAs but compare that to what is on the scalper sites and you will see a huge difference.. Not to mention that DC 101 has a huge block of tickets that they had for their presale as well as their promotional giveaway tickets that went on from 10am to 10pm yesterday. Thats a big chunk...gone.. not for the fans..

I am not saying paid is the only way but what they did here was ridiculous.. A presale code emailed to members would of been a ton better I am sure... And I would be fine with that but to have it OPEN TO EVERYONE ( and yes u are right you didn't even need to register here either).. was absolutely wrong..!

well, i disagree with ya but everyone has their own opinion and that is fine.. Yes I know a rare few such as yourself got GAs but compare that to what is on the scalper sites and you will see a huge difference.. Not to mention that DC 101 has a huge block of tickets that they had for their presale as well as their promotional giveaway tickets that went on from 10am to 10pm yesterday. Thats a big chunk...gone.. not for the fans..

I am not saying paid is the only way but what they did here was ridiculous.. A presale code emailed to members would of been a ton better I am sure... And I would be fine with that but to have it OPEN TO EVERYONE ( and yes u are right you didn't even need to register here either).. was absolutely wrong..!

it's all good, i think we agree more than disagree! :) They certainly could have handled the presale better, i know a lot of people got shut out. Meanwhile I did a search around 10:15 AM Weds on ebay and found someone selling GA tickets to the boston gig for like $125 each :rolleyes:

I was very lucky that I went into the band presale weds and got my ticket for DC in the first batch right at 10, then for NYC i did the radio presale the next day and it was just as easy. On Weds I didn't even know anyone had had any problems because it was so easy for me, it wasn't until i checked the board after that i realized it - my post is in here somewhere on an earlier page where I was like ":eek: what do you guys mean sold out? I got in no problem!"

But anyway, there seems to be a major organizational issue going on with the band in the last couple of months. Things were fairly well organized for the european tourdate release and the teignmouth stuff, but the stadium tour and US tourdate stuff has generally been :facepalm: I just bristle at the paid fanclub thing, I remember when NIN started The Spiral many years ago... it think it makes it hard for people who have limited money, especially the younger fans. But if Muse had one i'd probably join :rolleyes:

it's all good, i think we agree more than disagree! :) They certainly could have handled the presale better, i know a lot of people got shut out. Meanwhile I did a search around 10:15 AM Weds on ebay and found someone selling GA tickets to the boston gig for like $125 each :rolleyes:

I was very lucky that I went into the band presale weds and got my ticket for DC in the first batch right at 10, then for NYC i did the radio presale the next day and it was just as easy. On Weds I didn't even know anyone had had any problems because it was so easy for me, it wasn't until i checked the board after that i realized it - my post is in here somewhere on an earlier page where I was like ":eek: what do you guys mean sold out? I got in no problem!"

But anyway, there seems to be a major organizational issue going on with the band in the last couple of months. Things were fairly well organized for the european tourdate release and the teignmouth stuff, but the stadium tour and US tourdate stuff has generally been :facepalm: I just bristle at the paid fanclub thing, I remember when NIN started The Spiral many years ago... it think it makes it hard for people who have limited money, especially the younger fans. But if Muse had one i'd probably join :rolleyes:

yep, all good here too. :D

I am glad you got the tix u wanted.. And you were VERY lucky....;)

yep, all good here too. :D

I am glad you got the tix u wanted.. And you were VERY lucky....;)

:$ Yeah.... i couldn't believe i got the second one... after my absurdly good luck on Weds I figured I was due a disappointment, but lightening really did strike twice :eek:

I should have bought a lottery ticket! :p

So right now there are 602 tickets being sold as resale on 3 websites (Stubhub, Tickets Now, and Ebay) And they are being sold at ridiculous prices ($93-$1000). So therefore 4 of my friends can't go see concert with me, because of people who will ruin a persons fun just so they can make some quick money. Thankfully I was able to get a GA ticket, but I fell really sorry for the loyal fans who can't go. I don't know if this amount of tickets usually are resold for concerts, but to me 600 seems like a lot. In conclusion, I'm pissed.

For those who have tickets already:

Was it difficult obtaining tickets, or at least GOOD tickets? How many of you got GA?

I personally didn't have any problems, but I was lucky. I got a GA ticket for DC in the band presale right at 10AM weds and another GA ticket for NYC in the radio presale right at 10AM thurs. They sold out very quickly, though...

Well, I NEEEEEEEEEEEED to get GA tickets. Nothing less. I'm afraid... Very afraid... :(

Yeah, it's not easy, it's up to luck I think. The GA tickets sold out early for this show in the general sale this morning too.. but then people said that they were able to get them after trying a couple of times even though it said none available initially.

How many tickets will you be trying to get?

Yeah, it's not easy, it's up to luck I think. The GA tickets sold out early for this show in the general sale this morning too.. but then people said that they were able to get them after trying a couple of times even though it said none available initially.

How many tickets will you be trying to get?

I'm aiming to get 2 tickets, but my dilemma is I can buy only from TicketMaster. Does TicketMaster do the Muse presale as well?

Archived