it's not just a festival. it's rock in rio

:vomit::LOL:

yeah btw what's wrong with rock in rio? my cousin told me she didn't like it neither, like if it was a "snob" festival or what. i don't care, i go to see muse, point. muse crowd > snob people there. :p

If it was a stadium concert we would have better opening acts! This way we´ll have Snow Patrol (which I like...but I believe many Muse fans don´t) and the other 2 acts are meh. And the stage design...

The only thing that can be equal to a Stadium is the massive crowd...but that means the person in the back we´ll see 3 points on stage moving instead of being in a stand where would be easy to see the stage.

Oh and the setlist.

what Andre said

in RiR you usually have the metal day, the kids day, bla bla bla, which i think its great but that 3rd day(muse one) makes no sense whatsoever. muse + snow patrol..ok. now Sum41 and Xutos in that day is just bah

and it's way to expensive too

If it was a stadium concert we would have better opening acts! This way we´ll have Snow Patrol (which I like...but I believe many Muse fans don´t) and the other 2 acts are meh. And the stage design...

The only thing that can be equal to a Stadium is the massive crowd...but that means the person in the back we´ll see 3 points on stage moving instead of being in a stand where would be easy to see the stage.

Oh and the setlist.

what Andre said

in RiR you usually have the metal day, the kids day, bla bla bla, which i think its great but that 3rd day(muse one) makes no sense whatsoever. muse + snow patrol..ok. now Sum41 and Xutos in that day is just bah

and it's way to expensive too

Well we all have our own opinions. :) As I said, I go to see Muse, point. Opening acts are a plus. If I like them, good, it's like a bonus. But if I don't, well, I'll just hope they don't play for too long :p

I have to agree about the setlist, there is no doubt that stadium setlists are longer and better than festival setlists, but again, some of my favourite gigs had a short and not really "special" setlist, but the gig in itself was worth it. Again, it's MY opinion :) May I just add that at a stadium gig, front row is quite "far" from the stage, and people that are like seated at the far end of the stadium will see points aswell.. fortunately they have screens, but.. :erm: . Then yeah, stage design is more impressive, of course.

I personnally don't like the bands that play on the same day as Muse neither! I'm just looking forward to mock Sum 41 :p and I really can't say what kind of music do Xutos play, I was far too young when I left Portugal, and haven't heard anything from them.

Indeed I was expecting RiR to be less expensive, but actually not many festivals are, and stadium gigs are a lot more expensive :rolleyes:

Long reply :rolleyes: I come in peace, btw :LOL:

correct me if i'm wrong but i really believe that most of the crowd will be there just for muse

i don't think that Snow patrol have a large fan base here in portugal. Sum41 the same, but i'll be yelling for them(to leave the stage obvs). Xutos..you can see them for free all the time..

so a good vibe all around :awesome:

correct me if i'm wrong but i really believe that most of the crowd will be there just for muse

i don't think that Snow patrol have a large fan base here in portugal. Sum41 the same, but i'll be yelling for them(to leave the stage obvs). Xutos..you can see them for free all the time..

so a good vibe all around :awesome:

exactly my point for the "good vibe all around" part :yesey: the other bands are boring/uninteresting/bad as hell, but i don't care, i'll get the musey reward at the end of the day :dance:

about xutos, i'm just really curious :LOL: their name is familiar to me, that's all. but for me it's kinda funny, hard to explain though :LOL:

The thing is that I hate people just staring at a band :LOL: but well...I trust on my portuguese mates and I think they´ll receive well all the bands...but let´s not apply that to Xutos to them leave the stage as soon as possible...they already know we´re nice people so we don´t need to show them that agaaaaaain!

Actually I think there´ll be a great vibe for Xutos...it´s like a certain artist in certain uni student parties (Joana´s must know what I´m talking about...)

What matters is what you said nikite...in the end Muse will be there and a song of our cool top 5 will be performed! I´m sure after that I´ll say that all the freaking money I spent was worthy

Actually I think there´ll be a great vibe for Xutos...it´s like a certain artist in certain uni student parties (Joana´s must know what I´m talking about...)

yeah, Xutos will be massive. almost everyone knows their songs so..

thing is.. i don't like them :p i'll be just wandering around during their performance

need to be fresh for Muse :happy:

Dom apparently likes Blink 182 ans Sum41 a lot :chuckle: it would be cool to see him wondering on the stage looking at them preform :shifty:

but yeah, Snow patrol are ok, Sum 41... same... and Xutus.. Oh god. I didn't go to see them live (for free) when they were in my town, but now I'm paying 58 euros to see them?! That's is just bollocks. The muse day at RiR doesn't make any sense at all.

Dom apparently likes Blink 182 ans Sum41 a lot :chuckle: it would be cool to see him wondering on the stage looking at them preform :shifty:

but yeah, Snow patrol are ok, Sum 41... same... and Xutus.. Oh god. I didn't go to see them live (for free) when they were in my town, but now I'm paying 58 euros to see them?! That's is just bollocks. The muse day at RiR doesn't make any sense at all.

You shouldn't think like that, you're paying 58€ to go to rock in rio, sure. Buuut, you're paying 58€ to see Muse. Sounds better right? :)

Yeah Dom will be happy, such a bad taste :LOL:

that(Dom and Sum41) was a few years ago. maybe there was some kind of evolution there..

and yeah, you are there for some epic muse show :D and to be with other musers oc

I hope so haha. Well he likes Justice and Justice is good, good sign!

You guys said it would be only like 14/16 songs but I think it will be 18 or 20 (hopefully) because it's only four bands (two years ago it was five), it starts quite early and muse are the main act. Two years ago, they were supporting Linkin Park and The Offspring and still got 16 songs.

Justice is great, and if Dom still likes Sum41 i wouldn't be su+rised if he played a song with them :p

^i would

and yay for Justice love <3

Erm I reaaally don't picture Dom doing a featuring on stage with Sum41 :LOL: Good for us.

They already went to Portugal, right? They're amazing live. Haven't listened to them for a while though.

You guys said it would be only like 14/16 songs but I think it will be 18 or 20 (hopefully) because it's only four bands (two years ago it was five), it starts quite early and muse are the main act. Two years ago, they were supporting Linkin Park and The Offspring and still got 16 songs.

Imo we'll get AT LEAST 16 songs, without counting outros etc etc (if there's no delay or what). Maybe a bit more, yeah, not sure though (I've only seen them as headliners to the festivals I went to, and the setlist went from 15 to 20 songs, so it's hard to know)

Two years ago, they were supporting Linkin Park and The Offspring and still got 16 songs.

No we got 13 songs and just saturday at a much bigger festival than Rock in RIo they did 13 again (and they were headlining)

Olá. Eu tenho um problema e espero que alguém me possa ajudar. Então: Eu nunca tive a oportunidade de ver os Muse ao vivo antes e gostava mesmo muito de poder ir ao RiR vê-los. A questão é que eu não conheço mais ninguém que vá ao RiR portanto tenho de ir sozinha. O meu pai não me pode levar a Lisboa e eu não tenho mais ninguém que me possa levar. Então, como eu estou sozinha os meus pais não me deixam ir de transportes públicos (eu sou muito distraída então os meus pais dizem que eu posso-me perder). Queria perguntar se há alguém que vá ao RiR que me possa levar. Eu pago se for preciso. Eu sou de Rio Maior portanto se alguém que vá ao RiR e que passe por Rio Maior e que me possa levar eu agradecia muito se me dissesse alguma coisa. Isto é mesmo muito importante para mim.

Obrigada :)

^eu sou de perto de Rio Maior mas nesses dias nao ando por casa. temo que daqui do forum nao vais arranjar ninguem dessa area. so se forem pessoas que nunca comentam e que caiam do ceu.

tenta convencer os teus pais a ires de transportes. super barato a partir de Rio Maior e nao te vais perder. sais em sete rios e nesse sitio so tens de apanhar o metro :) fala com eles. arranja um amigo teu que se fores acompanhada deve ser mais facil para os teus pais concederem autorização :) como seria o voltar? eles podem ir la quando acabar?

Ajudem-nos a divulgar esta mensagem por favor, por um amigo que se foi embora demasiado cedo

A CALL FROM PORTUGAL

Dear Matt, Dom and Chris,

We know you have tons of tours, and probably don’t even come to the site much, which we perfectly understand but, if you do, we would like you to read this.

Two days ago a close friend of ours, Thomas Loureiro died in London near the Whisky Mist club, allegedly for drug abuse, which he didn’t do (he actually had a heart disease). Today (April 28th) it’s his 18th birthday, and his autopsy…

Perhaps you read something about it on the newspapers only because two soccer celebrities, Rooney and Ashley Cole were on that club the night it happened.

Thomas was such a big fan of yours, a great drummer, and revered Dom. He was waiting for the Rock in Rio festival (Lisbon) to see you guys, and kept saying that he’d love to hear you guys playing The Small Print, a song that you haven’t been playing lately (and probably his favorite song).

We’d like to ask you if you could play that song and dedicate it to Thomas, we’d be very grateful and it would mean so much for him and for all of us.

If anyone could talk to Matt, Dom or Chris about this, we’d be so thankful…

Thank you for doing such good music, and we’ll see you in Rock in Rio hoping you’ve seen this message...

Matilde, Diana and friends.

Ajudem-nos a divulgar esta mensagem por favor, por um amigo que se foi embora demasiado cedo

A CALL FROM PORTUGAL

Dear Matt, Dom and Chris,

We know you have tons of tours, and probably don’t even come to the site much, which we perfectly understand but, if you do, we would like you to read this.

Two days ago a close friend of ours, Thomas Loureiro died in London near the Whisky Mist club, allegedly for drug abuse, which he didn’t do (he actually had a heart disease). Today (April 28th) it’s his 18th birthday, and his autopsy…

Perhaps you read something about it on the newspapers only because two soccer celebrities, Rooney and Ashley Cole were on that club the night it happened.

Thomas was such a big fan of yours, a great drummer, and revered Dom. He was waiting for the Rock in Rio festival (Lisbon) to see you guys, and kept saying that he’d love to hear you guys playing The Small Print, a song that you haven’t been playing lately (and probably his favorite song).

We’d like to ask you if you could play that song and dedicate it to Thomas, we’d be very grateful and it would mean so much for him and for all of us.

If anyone could talk to Matt, Dom or Chris about this, we’d be so thankful…

Thank you for doing such good music, and we’ll see you in Rock in Rio hoping you’ve seen this message...

Matilde, Diana and friends.

Ou o que a Joana disse ou pode-se juntar ao fórum português e pode vir almoçar connosco e quem sabe estar o resto do dia com o pessoal. Agora a parte dos transportes até vir ter connosco é que é mais complicado já que não podes vir só. Assim sendo é arranjar alguém que vá contigo. Depois, como a Joana disse, há o problema do fim do concerto...não sei se há transportes para Rio Maior a essa hora

Archived