map of the problematique

dwydav

If I remember PC control the Whammy preset and CC control the treadle position.

Ah I just noticed the tempo was never set in program. Changing the project tempo to 250 lined it up for me.

Yeah pc control the preset but it would need to be set to the correct preset to start with as there are no pc commands in the midi to change to the correct preset.

• 3 years later...
I mean one where I can use a whammy pedal with it to get the tone from MOTP

Right, so you just need the MIDI file made for your version of Digitech Whammy since the versions have had some slightly different changes in codes.

The MIDI will be loaded into whatever program and will send timed MIDI signals to the whammy to control its program and pedal position.

What kind of whammy do you have? I made a DT file, but I'm not sure the pattern changes are 100% correct, but it's close enough to play along with.

It's pretty easy to make one if you know how to use the DAW and know the whammy CC numbers etc. There's another thread about this that's got the pattern in it somewhere if you want to make one.

What kind of whammy do you have? I made a DT file, but I'm not sure the pattern changes are 100% correct, but it's close enough to play along with.

It's pretty easy to make one if you know how to use the DAW and know the whammy CC numbers etc. There's another thread about this that's got the pattern in it somewhere if you want to make one.

I hava a Whammy V

Live is easy to do on your own because the patterns don't change like in the studio, its just the same pattern the ENTIRE song.

If you want to play along to the studio that's alot more complicated considering the guitar is so low in the mix and all the instrumentals and such on top of that.

If it works on a Whammy IV, I'd appreciate being hit up with dat shit fam <3

Used to love playing along to Map with an old file but lost it a few years ago when the harddrive it was on popped it's clogs. I'd have made a new one myself but I'm barely smart enough to connect my laptop to my Whammy and somehow fumble my way around getting it working :chuckle:

Any file should be applicable to any Whammy assuming they use the treadle the same way, since MotP is all CC on Controller 11. You don't even need the Program Changes (which I know at least changed from IV to V) since it's all on one setting the entire song.

I've always considered doing an in depth tutorial for this but I feel like I'd just confuse people more since there's so many DAWs and they all have different MIDI setups.

Also in my experience the MIDI files don't transfer well since it tends to be done through automation in the software rather than something embedded into the file.

Any file should be applicable to any Whammy assuming they use the treadle the same way, since MotP is all CC on Controller 11. You don't even need the Program Changes (which I know at least changed from IV to V) since it's all on one setting the entire song.

I've always considered doing an in depth tutorial for this but I feel like I'd just confuse people more since there's so many DAWs and they all have different MIDI setups.

Also in my experience the MIDI files don't transfer well since it tends to be done through automation in the software rather than something embedded into the file.

What do you mean all on one setting? Don't you still need to change the octaves from +1 to -1 with program changes?

If it works on a Whammy IV, I'd appreciate being hit up with dat shit fam <3

Any file should be applicable to any Whammy assuming they use the treadle the same way, since MotP is all CC on Controller 11. You don't even need the Program Changes (which I know at least changed from IV to V) since it's all on one setting the entire song

If it works I don't mind giving it to people. I doubt it'll work on a whammy 4 though, since I used the DT side for the +1 & -1 octaves (and the program change numbers are different on that pedal as well). They sounded a bit clearer and it saved me doing anything with the treadle position settings. Changing the numbers and adding the treadle positions would make it work on 4 & 5, but it'd probably be easier to make one from scratch than do that :LOL:

You don't need to mess with setting up the midi for the treadle at all if you just have it toe up and then use PC's to switch between -1 and +1 octave, that's how my file is set up.

If I remember correctly, the WH4 would make loud pops when doing that. Are you using the newest one and is it smoother?

You don't need to mess with setting up the midi for the treadle at all if you just have it toe up and then use PC's to switch between -1 and +1 octave, that's how my file is set up.

Won't all the position settings need to be at 127 so the MIDI commands have it set to toe down for the up & down octaves? I'm not totally sure about this stuff so may well be wrong.

If I remember correctly, the WH4 would make loud pops when doing that. Are you using the newest one and is it smoother?

Kind of, I assume it's the loading of the different preset.

Won't all the position settings need to be at 127 so the MIDI commands have it set to toe down for the up & down octaves? I'm not totally sure about this stuff so may well be wrong.

Doesn't really matter if you never send any CC. Just move the treadle to toe down yourself.

Also while a Whammy V setup wouldn't work the same with a Whammy IV I believe it would only require some value changes to translate between the two. It's structurally the same thing still.

• 1 month later...