map of the problematique

dwydav

dude epic cover, btw wat is the exact tabs u ae playing, also how are u recreating that effect?

I'm using the Digitech Whammy 4 connected to my computer. I've wrote a midi track that allows cubase to control the digitech, changing the effect on the digitech, alternately to +1 octave, -1 octave and off. In the right sequence that gives the effect ;)

I'm using this guys tabs

anyone knows how to create and likely sound on the boss me 70?

The boss me 70 hasn't midi output/intput, so i think its impossible. However, you can buy a Digitech Whammy 4 and a USB Midi cable and after you have the midi file that I've wrote, you can play the song with the correct effect :)

Edited by aorfix

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I've got a question. I'm using the Guitar Rig 3 way to replicate the sequencer sound, but I have a problem. When I hit a chord, it sometimes immediately fades, and when I try to change to another chord, the whole thing starts making BOOM noises. How can i stop that and make the chord change go smooth?

• 1 year later...

Very interesting article ! :)

I have never done electronics but it does not seem very difficult.

I have a few questions.

Can you save the program on the arduino ?

I think the USB port might supply electricity to the board. Is it possible to use the arduino with batteries ?

• 5 months later...

So i've a pod hd500 and it also has midi and i was wondering if it is possible to create the midi file (just like in cubase) in reaper or if some one has already done it then they can help me with it.I can't work with cubase 5 or 6 because i've a slow laptop so if working with cubase is necessary then my lappy can only handle cubase 4 but it would be cool if its possible with reaper.I know most of the guys have done it with digitech whammy and the pod's whammy may differ with the digitech's ones so the cubase midi files created for the whammy 4 may not work for the pod.

• 7 months later...

So,as the title says,I want to know if anyone actually tried to play MOTP with Cubase file and Digitech RP series(they have built-in Whammy) and if it could be done at all.I have Cubase,Cubase MIDI file from Philam64 from YT and all I need to get is Digitech RP1000(I want processor rather than dozens of stompboxes),and I want to know if it's possible to play MOTP with such equipment.Every help is appreciated :)

Ok I think my reply got lost when it got moved...

but no, it doesn't have MIDI

Well,if it cannot be done that way,could I maybe use RP1000 as foot controller for the Guitar Rig?

EDIT:I tried using RP1000 as Guitar Rig foot controller,and it sounds great for me,so anyone who has Digitech RP stuff with in-built whammy and Guitar Rig can play MOTP without any problems.

EDIT2:I also tried to use Line6 UX1 as MIDI interface,and it also worked,so now I think that every MIDI interface that can connect your PC,guitar and amp at the same time will do the job.

Edited by Novak96

• 2 months later...
Bump!

I'm using a Whammy 4 with Reaper and a midi track I found on here a while back. Reaper is set at 125BPM but for some reason the effect doesn't sound right. Any one know what I might be doing wrong?

I'll try and get it working tonight using your midi file and let you know if mine sounds okay. I'm using Reaper also so I should be able to help you troubleshoot any issues. Bear with me :)

Update: I don't think that midi track is right at all, there are no program changes and it's not even the same length as the song.

Edited by Tom!

The CC should override the treadle settings anyways regardless of +/- 1

I wish I could test it out myself.

The different whammy settings are controlled by pc changes not cc. This midi file has no pc changes and the pattern seems way off also.

The different whammy settings are controlled by pc changes not cc. This midi file has no pc changes and the pattern seems way off also.

If I remember PC control the Whammy preset and CC control the treadle position.

Ah I just noticed the tempo was never set in program. Changing the project tempo to 250 lined it up for me.