map of the problematique

dwydav

:(

That has the MOTP patch on it. But with the GT10 does it still have a whammy feature (+1 -1 Octave)? If so you could sync it using MIDI and using software to control it, but right this second I can't think of any cheap software or free software.

But is there any way to play it without any software? I'd want to do it without need to plug guitar to pc. I tried MOTP preset on guitar rig, but I didn't like the idea the sequence goes on all the time. It was nearly impossible to play along with the original song.

GT-10 does have whammy and octaver, but I tried new feature called "autoriff" instead. It automatically plays up to 16 notes after hitting single string(Van Halen is not a problem now lol). So I made a sequence: octave up-octave up-octave down and that goes in loops. I'll try adding a bit more bass, less treble and I'll expermient with preamps+compressor.

:(

But is there any way to play it without any software? I'd want to do it without need to plug guitar to pc. I tried MOTP preset on guitar rig, but I didn't like the idea the sequence goes on all the time. It was nearly impossible to play along with the original song.

GT-10 does have whammy and octaver, but I tried new feature called "autoriff" instead. It automatically plays up to 16 notes after hitting single string(Van Halen is not a problem now lol). So I made a sequence: octave up-octave up-octave down and that goes in loops. I'll try adding a bit more bass, less treble and I'll expermient with preamps+compressor.

You don't have to run the guitar into the PC? You run the MIDI sequencing via the MIDI/In/Out into the laptop/computer you're using and you run your guitar signal into an amp via the 1/4 inch jack provided. You can then I assume then just turn the effect on or off when ever you want it. If it's impossible to play along with the original song then either your timing needs improving or the sequence was wrong.

well well!! i'm new to this business of "fan sites" so here ye go

type this into your auto riff effect

SET tempo to a 16 sixteenth beats in a bar

attack 17

sensitivity 0

then master BPM to 125

start on a C then go to -C C +C C +C C -C C +C C +C C -C C +C C

that's how i do it at gigs and it sounds absolutely fantabulistico....

come on ireland!!!

I did it already thanks to the help from guys on muselive.com. My problem was wrong octave pattern and wrong amp simulation. This MOTP patch sounds awesome now, but as you can see nobody on this forum will want to hear it. Not that I care.

I gave it a listen and while it's closer it's still not the same. Maybe it sounds better live through an amp but that just sounds really rough. The patterns still not exact either honestly.

i made a max msp patch to generate the pattern and modified it further to be able to set the step levels, pattern and semitone values respectively. has user changable tempo and stuff too.

i posted this on muselive earlier, but im aware some of you *cough* are banned :LOL:

motp2.jpg

quite a simple patch, just uses some FFT to resynthesise whats coming in to the new transposed level.

i may build something in to trigger the pattern to start and run through one shot on the detection of a note, but cba for now. i think a quick sample and hold would do the jobbie though.

james90 > Somehow I was sure that being an ass will give such feedback :p

Samcoma > I don't know which one you've heard but in attachment there's final version - I'm pretty much satisfied with it, imo it's pretty close :) At least It works without PC or any other expensive stuff. You are right that it sounds better through amp but oh well.

MOTP.mp3

Samcoma > I don't know which one you've heard but in attachment there's final version - I'm pretty much satisfied with it, imo it's pretty close :) At least It works without PC or any other expensive stuff. You are right that it sounds better through amp but oh well.

I heard the second one you posted the last page back, it's not bad though keep at it till it's perfect! :)

that sounds bloody good, what did you end up using?

could you run this and use your amp tone ? would sound so much better