Yes, I was sitting in the stands low, but as I passed the concert standing ... I preferred to be on the lawn

Cool, looks like you had a pretty good view :)

I've got GA tickets to both nights of wembley, and I can apparently be standing or in the seats, so I'm thinking of doing one night trying for barrier and then the second night either hanging toward the back of the standing or going to seats...

I am aware of it, and for example the towers were an example of a good idea which ended up showing its limits in terms of interaction and setlists. But we shouldn't forget that we are the ones who go to see them often, and we should accept the fact that we might get a very similar setlist everytime. Personnally, as I already said (I feel like repeating myself, sorry about that), it won't stop me from enjoying the gig at all, because even if I do have my live favourites, I enjoy everything they play. Maybe it's not the case for anyone, but then I don't think it's Muse fault, maybe it just means that some people shouldn't see them that much.

And yes, they worry a lot about their stage set up, but personnally, I really appreciate it. Not for myself, because I could see them with a stripped stage and enjoy it the same. But for people who don't see them often, or who are at the back I think it's something that is important and it just shows that they care about it. The thing is that we're talking about a huge production, at huge stadiums, with a band massively known, and I can easily imagine how stressful this is, and how everythind has to be very well planned or else it just wouldn't work! They can't just go on stage and do whatever they want at such shows. And due to the large variety of people attending these shows (from hardcore fans to casual listeners), I think they have everything that's needed: theatrics, screens, and platforms for people at the back, and still the amazing performance of theirs that we're used to. :)

Yeah I agree! They've got to do something huge at these stadiums. And the music, well it sounded very good to me on the stream last night! :D I haven't seen it yet but the majority of people who have, appear very impressed.

Edit: and where have all these, down to earth, realistic and intelligent opinions come from?! where have you been hiding! :p

:LOL: I have been wondering this. Maybe with the chief moaners away at gigs, the oppressed majority have felt confident enough to instigate an uprising! :LOL:

:LOL: I have been wondering this. Maybe with the chief moaners away at gigs, the oppressed majority have felt confident enough to instigate an uprising! :LOL:

its funny how the chief moaners are also the best at upholding an argument no matter how pointless or wrong it might be, So i guess it is pretty hard for anyone of the oppressed majority to stand a chance in a flame war :p

Well here's a tip. If you want the surprise of not knowing what track is coming next. Stop reading the tracklists for gigs. :rolleyes:

Personally I read the tracklists prior to gigs but it doesn't bother me. I rock out hard. I'm still failing to see how anyone can go to that absolute spectacle last night and moan. I imagine most of you guys didn't go. I suggest you button up, wait till Wembley if you're going and talk then!

I presume you were at the gig last night then?

Look, you clearly had a blast but some people didn't. Don't hate on them because they didn't enjoy it. Some people don't care for the lights and the stage they just care for the music and maybe they didn't think things were the same last night. It just depends on how people pick things up.

Oh, and as for the rest of us. We can discuss it if we want whether we are there or not. Just because someone didn't attend a gig does not mean they can't give off about the set list/Matts hair/continual abuse of the Glitterati.

:awesome:

I am aware of it, and for example the towers were an example of a good idea which ended up showing its limits in terms of interaction and setlists. But we shouldn't forget that we are the ones who go to see them often, and we should accept the fact that we might get a very similar setlist everytime. Personnally, as I already said (I feel like repeating myself, sorry about that), it won't stop me from enjoying the gig at all, because even if I do have my live favourites, I enjoy everything they play. Maybe it's not the case for anyone, but then I don't think it's Muse fault, maybe it just means that some people shouldn't see them that much.

And yes, they worry a lot about their stage set up, but personnally, I really appreciate it. Not for myself, because I could see them with a stripped stage and enjoy it the same. But for people who don't see them often, or who are at the back I think it's something that is important and it just shows that they care about it. The thing is that we're talking about a huge production, at huge stadiums, with a band massively known, and I can easily imagine how stressful this is, and how everythind has to be very well planned or else it just wouldn't work! They can't just go on stage and do whatever they want at such shows. And due to the large variety of people attending these shows (from hardcore fans to casual listeners), I think they have everything that's needed: theatrics, screens, and platforms for people at the back, and still the amazing performance of theirs that we're used to. :)

I accept that I will see the same setlist lol, I went to quite a few of TR tour gigs. I don't know. I kind of accepted that thing would stay the same but what I didn't like was how short the gigs were at times (16 songs at times, like...wut? lol) or how some people got a ridiculous set list whilst others got a cracker. It's the lack of rotation that gets me, and the fact they are still playing covers when I am sure you would agree they have some amazing piano tracks of their own.

Sorry kind of went off tangent there :LOL:.

But yeah I totally see your point about how the set up has to be too a tee with the stadiums but I'm sure there is a tiiiiiny bit of space for them to rotate? We know this was possible for TR tour anyway, slipping RbS etc in every so often.

I sometimes they think they need to keep the whole "best live band" title so they keep trying to better themselves EVERY time and I think the worry that they might lose this title makes them want bigger and better things production wise which again compromises the music...to me anyway? Ah, I dunno.

They do have everything they need, but I still think they could rotate just a tiny bit?

Yeah, I can definitely see how the towers would be restrictive with all the technical coordination required... But at the same time, they've played songs like Bliss, B&H, RbS, Sunburn and some other random oldies using the tower production not too long ago, so it can't be all that difficult. It seems like they're deliberately choosing to avoid playing certain songs for a reason other than just the stage design... could just be lack of practice time/comfort level with the non-regular songs.

Yeah that's what I find hard to understand. Tom said the stage dictates what is played but that makes no sense considering they could play those other songs, some of which didn't even have visuals for the screens.

I wish they'd be honest.

But the problem with that is that last fall people were saying "They need to play MKU and IBTY, they're two of the best songs on TR, why are they skipping them?! If they just played them people wouldn't complain as much"

They played both last night... and now it's "They need to play Bliss and CE, why didn't they play them? People wouldn't complain as much if they just played those two".....

If they'd played them it would be "Those are overplayed, why can't they do Sing for Absolution and Showbiz?" (or whatever other two older songs they're not playing)

To be honest, I can't see it ever ending...

As much as I would like them to mix up the setlist a little more, I do actually really 100% agree with you on this one.

I agree with several comments here. I was there last night. I've been still in the same nostalgic mood about their performance for last year. I found it was a very good show, the guys were excellent and communicated their happiness to be there (Matthew's tempting French was quite cute), the sound was very good, the public cheerful (but definitely different and I felt myself quite an alien among people sometimes). I particularly enjoyed "Unintended" and "Unnatural Selection".

Show is the word, the gig is built to please a large variety of public with a setlist deprived of any surprise. As an 'old' fan, I didn't get back what I loved from them. I would definitely prefer less lights and stuff exploding from everywhere for more craziness and spontaneity.

Special gigs for old fans, this would be a great idea.:)

Muser forever though and love you guys.:)

I accept that I will see the same setlist lol, I went to quite a few of TR tour gigs. I don't know. I kind of accepted that thing would stay the same but what I didn't like was how short the gigs were at times (16 songs at times, like...wut? lol) or how some people got a ridiculous set list whilst others got a cracker. It's the lack of rotation that gets me, and the fact they are still playing covers when I am sure you would agree they have some amazing piano tracks of their own.

Sorry kind of went off tangent there :LOL:.

But yeah I totally see your point about how the set up has to be too a tee with the stadiums but I'm sure there is a tiiiiiny bit of space for them to rotate? We know this was possible for TR tour anyway, slipping RbS etc in every so often.

I sometimes they think they need to keep the whole "best live band" title so they keep trying to better themselves EVERY time and I think the worry that they might lose this title makes them want bigger and better things production wise which again compromises the music...to me anyway? Ah, I dunno.

They do have everything they need, but I still think they could rotate just a tiny bit?

I see your point, and I agree that the first part of the TR was a bit weird (Turin getting the most variated setlist, MK Ultra appearing in the middle of it, etc), and I can understand how people who went to the first gigs feel a bit gutted, but for me it's still about the performance, really. I just have to agree that in terms of managing to rotate the setlists with their new stage they were a bit awkward, like if the set up was too big and they had lost control on it :LOL: It doesn't bother me (personnal opinion, again), it's even kind of funny haha.

Talking about setlists, the thing is that we all want different songs.. you mention piano songs, of course I'd rather have Apocalypse Please (which definitely is one of my live favourites) instead of Feeling Good, but if they play Feeling Good, I'm going to enjoy it. And seeing the crowd reactions to it, they just can't remove it, it's all about thinking of the entire audience. Us "hardcore" fans are just a tiny % of it.

I think that they might be able to rotate a bit with the new stage set up, but I'm not sure if they want to! If they did, people would still complain, saying that "the other nights' setlist was better" :LOL: and I guess they want some sort of "consistent" stadium tour, with a setlist choosed by them (which could explain the facts that there are almost no top 5 songs) to fit the theme, and what they wanna "give" us with this huge show.

To finish, what pisses me off (and not only me, if we read this thread!) is that the moaners are people who didn't attend the gigs. For me it's the silliest thing ever, since it's the PERFORMANCE that counts the most! And then, if some people don't like one song or another, fair enough, but that's not really Muse's problem!

edit: sorry about discussing setlists etc here, I know we should go to the other thread!

I agree with several comments here. I was there last night. I've been still in the same nostalgic mood about their performance for last year. I found it was a very good show, the guys were excellent and communicated their happiness to be there (Matthew's tempting French was quite cute), the sound was very good, the public cheerful (but definitely different and I felt myself quite an alien among people sometimes). I particularly enjoyed "Unintended" and "Unnatural Selection".

Show is the word, the gig is built to please a large variety of public with a setlist deprived of any surprise. As an 'old' fan, I didn't get back what I loved from them. I would definitely prefer less lights and stuff exploding from everywhere for more craziness and spontaneity.

Special gigs for old fans, this would be a great idea.:)

Muser forever though and love you guys:)

Awww. Maybe sometime if they have time, they might consider a stripped down gig for internet fans. Not free I don't mean - with paid for tickets, rather than a competition. I wonder how big it would have to be. Stripped down It would be cheaper for them. It would still contain a lot of songs from The Resistance though, I guess, as I presume that is the music that is special to them right now and there's no point expecting craziness. They are who they are. They might have to rehearse craziness! :LOL:

You know what when you see the close-ups and I think it was USoE, don't remember which gig and Matt obviously enjoyed the appreciation as he gave a shy smile and then he seemed like "what shall I do now, shall I get a sip of water"! That's crazy enough for me! :LOL:

As much as I would like them to mix up the setlist a little more, I do actually really 100% agree with you on this one.

That's the thing, I also wish they'd change the setlist a bit more, and think that if they're going to do the same set at every stadium show they need to add Bliss and CE (or at least two of the three Bliss, CE and IBTY)

But I don't think it's possible to please all the people all the time, and I still think I'll enjoy the shows in the fall :)

it's the PERFORMANCE that counts the most!
agreed.

it's what got me into them so much - the live performances.

i have my preferences regarding songs and setlists, but the truth is that i like pretty much everything they come up with musically (and i have a very varied taste in terms of music in general) so there are very few songs i dislike.

so a setlist for me comes very low in the list of things i like about muse and even in the gig. hence, i found the overnalysing of it quite silly.

the performance and atmosphere is what i care about the most in a gig, ANY gig; and in that, muse deliver time and time again and are consistently one of the best acts i see performing, over the years, regardless of productions, songs they play or matt's hair colour.

and that my friends, is why i am a massive muse fan :D

agreed.

it's what got me into them so much - the live performances.

i have my preferences regarding songs and setlists, but the truth is that i like pretty much everything they come up with musically (and i have a very varied taste in terms of music in general) so there are very few songs i dislike.

so a setlist for me comes very low in the list of things i like about muse and even in the gig. hence, i found the overnalysing of it quite silly.

the performance and atmosphere is what i care about the most in a gig, ANY gig; and in that, muse deliver time and time again and are consistently one of the best acts i see performing, over the years, regardless of productions, songs they play or matt's hair colour.

and that my friends, is why i am a massive muse fan :D

You just have to see what happened with Rock am Ring, people were complaining about the setlist as always and then, what happend when the pro-shots came out?...

I could put the setlist Muse played in Madrid in 2006 and the one they played in 2009 and I'm pretty sure people would choose the first one as a better gig just because of the setlist but for me nothing can compare to the last one, that gig was perfect: the show, the performance, the atmosphere...

We all want to see them bring some surprises but I think that put a list of songs as a fact of what's a good or a bad concert is unfair for the people who were there and for the band themselfs.

Btw, thanks for the vids :)

or maybe it's just that we were expecting to much because the show was in a stadium! and as someone said before, i was expecting something like an orchestra for USoE or Exogenesis, and actually, it was nearly the same things we saw for The Resistance tour. Concerning the atmosphere, maybe it was different of previous Muse's gig because there were so much teenage girls ;) But whatever, the band was as always really amazing, powerful, and it was so much fun... and the only thing which really desappointed me was that the time went off too fast!

rock am ring is one of the best sets they've done for a long time. Infact aside from the mainstream tour shows in europe and the us i've actually thought a lot of the sets this year are good if a little short

rock am ring is one of the best sets they've done for a long time. Infact aside from the mainstream tour shows in europe and the us i've actually thought a lot of the sets this year are good if a little short

I would say the Rock Im Park setlist was the best they've done so far

Opening with MKU and followed by CE, amazing...:)

Just a couple of things I wanted to share that i really enjoyed from this gig.

1. When Muse first rocked out Uprising after the long wait, some real Michael Jackson shit went down! :D About a dozen girls and a couple of men fainted at the front of the larger crowd behind the golden circle. They had to be dragged out from crowd and stretchered away by medics. Right through the gig it was continuously happening. They were being stretchered away as frequent as McDonald burgers being served! I've never seen that at a Muse gig before, at least not so much! They really love Muse out in France! :awesome:

2. Also dunno if anyone else noticed but Bellamy played "Albinoni's Adagio" on his guitar before Resistance and it sounded absolutely beautiful.

Archived