Do you like the Map Of The Problematique  

1,295 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Map Of The Problematique

was on my way home from work last night when Foo Fighters - X-Static came on my mp3 player and I couldn't help but notice the drumming was very similar to Map of the Problematique.... anyone else?

I was watching the crystal maze the other day and I noticed that hysteria blatantly rips off the theme tune. Anyone else?

If anyone says "zomg me too" I will... be shocked.

The Groove Chord Wise....

Verse: F#m, A, E (back for 2 bars of F#m)

Chorus: A, E, Bm, F#m

Key = F#m

Also there's Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Uno, New Born, Plug In Baby (Although it's probably debatable), don't think Feeling Good changes key and I think TSP is in D throughout.

I was watching the crystal maze the other day and I noticed that hysteria blatantly rips off the theme tune. Anyone else?

If anyone says "zomg me too" I will... be shocked.

Is crystal maze bak on the tv?:LOL: The bald presenter used to scare me... and no cant really hear it...

...right.

TIRO uses chords from Aminor, which would include Emajor and Eminor, there's no real set rule on which to use.

When the Emaj is played, if an Amaj was played rather than Aminor, you'd have more arguement for a key change, you're just being a bit petty, I'd love to see you work out keys in Jazz with your logic.

Actually, alot of music has little things like that.

i just said that Emaj in an Aminor key is the harmonic minor scale

and ur acting like im putting them down about it... i think thats really awesome that theyve made so many songs that arnt played with the traditional scale. cuz almost everyone uses the basic scale, and muse never does so i just thought id point out the only song that is played in the regular scale

and what is this logic u say i have? im just pointing out the obvious. theory is fact, like math. but there is no rules to making music as long as it sounds good. i know the jazz scale too, i got straight A's music theory.

i just said that Emaj in an Aminor key is the harmonic minor scale

and ur acting like im putting them down about it... i think thats really awesome that theyve made so many songs that arnt played with the traditional scale. cuz almost everyone uses the basic scale, and muse never does so i just thought id point out the only song that is played in the regular scale

and what is this logic u say i have? im just pointing out the obvious. theory is fact, like math. but there is no rules to making music as long as it sounds good. i know the jazz scale too, i got straight A's music theory.

Theory isn't fact, theory doesn't have to have any basis on fact whatsoever.

And there's two versions of the 'normal' minor scale, one where in Amin, you'd use an Emin and another were Emaj would be used, then you have the harmonic minor scale...

Minor keys are very common, don't really see Muse using much else, name a Muse song in an octatonic or whole tone scale...

Also there's Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Uno, New Born, Plug In Baby (Although it's probably debatable), don't think Feeling Good changes key and I think TSP is in D throughout.

Muscle Museum - Thats a harmonic minor scale by having the chords C#7/G# and C#/F in a F#m Minor scale surely?...Im probly wrong but just picked it out randomly scanning the page....

Muscle Museum - Thats a harmonic minor scale by having the chords C#7/G# and C#/F in a F#m Minor scale surely?...Im probly wrong but just picked it out randomly scanning the page....

Eh?

At what point are any of those chords used?

A C#7/G# would work in F#minor, but C#/F is never used????

Eh?

At what point are any of those chords used?

A C#7/G# would work in F#minor, but C#/F is never used????

the C#7/G# is in the pre-chorus build up...

The C# /F Its in the bridge/outro bit....it climbs from the E to the C# (what the guitar plays) and the F note (what the bass plays)...but the F note is in C# of course, then back up to the F#m....

*checks showbiz tab book* well it actully says for the sake of corectness its C# /E# (same thing basically)

the C#7/G# is in the pre-chorus build up...

The C# /F Its in the bridge/outro bit....it climbs from the E to the C# (what the guitar plays) and the F note (what the bass plays)...but the F note is in C# of course, then back up to the F#m....

*checks showbiz tab book* well it actully says for the sake of corectness its C# /E# (same thing basically)

Oh right, you're using the Showbiz tab book, I play it like it is in the Hullabaloo one, doesn't have any of that and personally think it sounds more accurate.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chizzleface

Riiiiiiggghhhttttt...

So you'd go and see a film based on hearing a song...

:stunned: I hear Hysteria all the time on TV, but it doesn't make me want to go and buy perfume...

Did anybody see the commercial for the new movie Children of Men? I heard Map of the Problematique in the preview on tv and started freaking out!!! Now i definitely have to see the movie lol

Calm down, Muse are on a major label, so they'll be everywhere to milk every penny they can get. ;)

Guest Chizzleface
They used supermassive black hole on pop world to advertise what was going to be on their show next week. And muse aren't even on it.

Every muse single off BHAR is being used to promote every single product in the world.

Guest Chizzleface
:LOL:

Has anyone notice that you never hear songs off OOS and Showbiz........fucking Warner :(

They could use Cave for condoms :LOL:

*sings* Coooommmme in my Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaave!

was that ever released as a single? /n00b

Archived