i would've failed miserably if the gig was a test! lol.. i only knew 3 or 4 songs ha! but it was still awesome. too bad we got separated during the gig but it was fun meeting you gals again! deb, you got kelly-oh-so-freaking-hot-though-short-jones' setlist? i waaant pictuuuress! :p:D

from the videos on youtube the view from the upper tier seemed to be better. i hate the lighting la.. tak puas tengok muka diorg. could only see their silhouettes! but Dakota was major, super, fun tahap gaban haha. peeps, share yr pix ya.. i forgot to bring my camera! :(

Sorry Liz, can’t resist to share your SMS to me on your Kelly / Richard encounter !

Holy campers! As I was driving away I saw their car parked in B1, I killed my engines and and I saw Kelly Jones running in the car! But he was signing stuff so I asked Richard for a pic and he grinned! Then as the car door was closing I shouted “Kelly you should’ve played Long Way Round!” he laughed – OMG sexiest laugh ever and he said “yeah Rich, why didn’t we do that?” I found the backdoor to KL Live! Ahh! Kelly is so funny! Tell u more later…drivin

So lucky you Liz! We were at the basement car park together, so me and Iris missed them just by a few minutes! Argggggh…

Btw you mentioned he was playing with his hands yeah? How are his hands btw? To your liking? Lol!

Setlist

setlist-3.jpg

Pix from my camera (not so good)

kellyrichard.jpg

kelly2.jpg

kelly1.jpg

upclose.jpg

Here are some pix from Iris. Taken from her blog

l_b570267f24d54533aef04f26f8a14979.jpg

l_eb08b983357f447b8f22d029b4dc6c57.jpg

l_db5a74128b9f446f826f35cfd00097b2.jpg

Edited by weresodisco

24 songs - totally worth it!! But the wait was reaaaaaaaaally long, they started at almost 9.30pm! And finished around 11.15pm...so unfortunately Miele had to leave early to catch the train. She missed Dakota!

Kelly is erm, small. He was sooo funny when the band were about to leave, he kept raising his cup, and the crowd would scream every time he raised it lol!

I had no idea Kelly would be this good looking :chuckle: his drummer was pretty cute too! I didnt realise how small he was though.. until I looked properly. wow, he's pretty short. But thats okay! ahhaa! Yeah I loved it when he kept making us shout and praise while he was just drinking from his cup like it was nothing

Hahahha, Kelly is not as .. ehem, small, as Brian Molko :LOL: sorry, I wasn't trying to take that out of context or any thing!!:p I found that last raising cup part hilarious too I had part of that on film hehe ;)

Crazyyy that they made us wait for so long, starting only at 9:20pm. I really felt bad for those who had to leave early, or left transport-less by the end of the gig! The two girls I met in the back door excursion literally couldn't head back to PJ any more because it was close to 12am! They had to take a cab :( but considering the fact that they got Kelly's signatures and every thing, I guess it was worth it :]

Liz where are you??? Share the details of your encounter with Kelly & Richard yesterday!!!! Where's the backdoor anyway??

Super sorry this came in late!

Ok ok moving on to that very random post gig meeting... After saying my goodbyes to Aida and Iris, I climbed in my car and sat there literally not moving because I was so exhausted. Let's just say I was in there for quite some time, made a few phone calls before stretching my legs ready to drive myself back. So as I was making a turn towards the exit to Jln Perak (I think tht's what it's called), I saw two vans parked at the corner and there was a staircase nearby... I was so distracted at first that I didn't notice it was Kelly Jones himself sprinting over to the van. There were two girls who approached him and when I saw camera flashes going off, my mind just went blank. I knew then. I killed my car engines, pulled up the hand brake and literally scampered off to where they were standing. Richard was just standing there not sure what he was supposed to do because the two girls were blocking his way as they were standing near the van doors to get Kelly (who was comfortably seated at the back of the van)'s signatures.

While Kelly was busy, I mustered up what courage I had left and tapped Richard by his shoulder literally whispering "Richard?" from the back because I was so so nervous :p You'd think after all these F1 encounters I'd be a little less nervous but gahh everything just went down the drain. I put out my hands and shook his very sweaty hands lol I can tell they were most definitely not going to wear any leather jackets in Malaysia haha. This was when I got to ogle at his tattoos XD There were so many all over his hand and forearms.I told him they did a great spectacular show, but he seemed a little shy himself not knowing what to say. Perhaps just overwhelmed by the response and every thing (or maybe he freaked out I was looking at his hands for longer than I should hahaha) I held up my camera and smiled at him then and he instantly knew what he had to do. Man, this guy must have camwhored a LOT to get such a perfect shot :LOL:

d5f9d4a1.jpg

I think I gave him a half hug after that and thanked him before the two girls went to get his signature.. AHHH. Kelly Jones is now ALL MINE :happy: Well, the guards and organisers were getting a little pissy by then and when they saw I was walking towards the van to talk to Kelly, they attempted to slide the doors closed and while I understood that it was their "job" I figured I won't want to further stall them so I stopped fumbling for the marker pen I had ready in my bag. Instead, I just called out to Kelly because that was the only way to get his attention... The moment I said, "Kelly!" I regretted immediately because not only Kelly himself turned his head towards me, but every one around including Richard looked at me as though I was going to do some crazy fan girl attempt to get into the van. They all looked worried for a moment, but of course I'm no crazy fan girl... At least I try not to be ;]

I've had this line practised out for years, heightened when I found out Ewan McGregor and Kelly Jones struck a deal between each other where if Kelly wrote an opening theme for Ewan's Long Way Round/Long Way Down tv series, Ewan would hv to act in one of Kelly's movies! So when I said, "You should've played Long Way Round! since you came all the way here!" you could literally see him lighting up, grinning and laughing, approving and asking Richard why didn't they.. Richard got up the van then, and the guards took no notice that we were about to talk and he just slammed the doors shut in front of me and Kelly's faces :stunned: Owell, I shrugged and waved at him and he returned with a sympathetic wave.

This was where it got a little ... awkward lol. Not sure if that's the right word to describe. So because there were a stream of cars paying for the parking, it was a little jammed up so the van was still in front of us even after 2-3 minutes. Kelly decided to wave and give us thumbs up then through the (vaguely tinted) window and after about 5 waves, he finally pressed his hands against the van window... I was so bloody tempted to put my hands against his over the window too lol but hving what self control I had left, I resisted the HAND temptation :LOL: The other girl went by and pressed her fingers against the window as well, and I don't think this is a scene where one can describe by writing it down because it's actually hard for me to believe that it even happened in front of my eyes. With that cheeky look in Kelly's eyes (akin to the one he had while raising his cup a thousand times) he started moving his hands around and the girl started tapping against the window to meet Kelly's hands ??? I'm not sure how to explain this, but at one point the both of them were just making funny window tapping noises and with one final wave at us Kelly looked up and smiled just as the traffic eased up a little and they managed to drive away.

I talked a bit to the girls and they said Javier (drummer) ran in to hide in the van [there were two vans] and they didn't see Adam at all. We relived the window tapping scene and laughed for a bit before deciding it was really time for us to leave too because it was getting really late. Well I'm glad at least I brought up

=D

So much for keeping calm and carrying on. I was paralysed once again when I got back to my car lol.

i hate the lighting la.. tak puas tengok muka diorg. could only see their silhouettes! but Dakota was major, super, fun tahap gaban haha. peeps, share yr pix ya.. i forgot to bring my camera! :(

I'm with you on that! I tweeted about the silhouettes and demanding we want lights from the front lol. I guess it's all part of the set though :(

image-629D_4BD9FEFA.jpg

Yes, Kelly, we all know you have glorified (but relatively short) hands :LOL:

Edit: Eh lupa pulak. I've uploaded four tracks here.

http://drop.io/phonicsdown

Request away if you want a specific song up! :] I'm working on the review and a little surprise.

Edited by guilt-stricken

That's so cool Liz!! :D Awww...so sweet the pix with Richard ;)

Kelly is sooo funny/cute (sorry I hope Nut doesn't puke with all this fan girliness :p) with the hand game! He would have stayed some more if not for the security ppl, oh well, but you got to meet them!

Thanks for the uploads Liz! I didn't bootleg anything this time coz I was exactly at the same spot as Placebo (too near to the speakers) and my recording turned out horrendous last time :-p

Oh ya Deb, from where I was (with Faz & Miele), it was great coz there was no pushing at all, just girls and some gentle (ahahah I dunno what word to use lol!) guys. But we had to endure the very very high pitched screaming (I could withstand the loud speakers but not those screams!)

Btw Stereophonics review on The Star today here

Iris found the link to their Press Conference here

They tried rendang and durian heheh :D

Edited by weresodisco

what a plucking custard! :mad: if it happened in KL, i would suggest that everyone in the crowd to identify the culprit and throw him/her out like what Akon did to his fan on stage :p

btw, does this mean Liz was at Stereophonics Sg gig as well? fuyyoo..

OMG LIZ... YOU. MET. KELLY. JONES. AND MADE HIM LAUGH!! what a cute story, hand and window episode. thanks so much for the bootleg and pictures.may i request for maybe tomorrow? Aida your pictures are awesome <3

oh man that shoe incident.. seriously :facepalm: I dont get why fans would do that! Unless he/she wasnt a fan.. :eek: i feel so bad for kelly :( must be so humiliating for him! sigh. I wonder what song they skipped :erm:

Oh, here are some pics! I finally found the cable.

DSC04858.JPG

DSC04860.JPG

DSC04878.JPG

I wonder whether he's looking at the camera or not... :ninja:

DSC04902.JPG

DSC04892.JPG

DSC04882.JPG

More full-sized pics are on my blog :)

I seriously cant stop listening to them now la :LOL: its like when I first started loving Muse all over again! :happy: haven't felt like this in awhile..

First thing's first :)

Muse -

BBQ set has fancy spot light functions too! ;) New song May 17th, can't wait. Lead single for Twilight:Eclipse at that, gonna be interesting to see how they work things out alongside Paramore and Death Cab For Cutie (first and second movies)!

Incubus - I know some of us were at the 2004 Incubus gig, under the cut I'm gonna post a lil info regarding that :)

Well, we all knew that Incubus released a Live in Malaysia 2004 bootleg for their Make Yourself Foundation but I've never personally heard the WHOLE set before because I just thought it was impossible to find since it was rare and so many years ago. Was almost content with the Malaysian version of Circles that was officially released in the Incubus Alive at Red Rocks DVD, but then THIS came along... !!!

The full set!! All 19 songs!!! I never thought I'd get to hear Brandon Boyd saying Terima Kasiiiiiiiiih right before Warning the way I remember it... but ahhhh.

About the Malaysia concert, Incubus frontman Brandon Boyd remarked, "This show will always stand out in my mind as one of the more unique concerts we've played. I can't even remember a show that I've been to that offered such rarities on an experiential level. The audience was one of the more animated that we had ever seen and proved to be so until the last note of our set. I'll never forget seeing all the girls in the crowd with their veils over their heads and dancing as hard as their Chuck Taylors would allow! It was a cultural paradox at it's finest! We'll never forget Malaysia! Thanks."

Keeping it short for

Stereophonics - Requests coming up real soon :happy: Debbie, awesome pics! Aida, didn't Stereophonics used to open for fellow Welsh Manic Street Preachers back then? I wasn't aware they were in a "spat"... :eek:

Eee, I love it when bands say things in the local languages! :happy: Alex Kapranos made several attempts at saying things like "apa kabar!" and "terima kasih banyak" that night. :chuckle: Ooh, and Imogen Heap said "talk cock sing song" and "steady bom pipi." I'm ashamed to admit I dunno Singlish though. :$

I'm new to this thread. I'm Malaysian. I did contact Galaxy (the company that brought Muse last time) and asked them about this year. They replied me. It's posted in my group on Facebook. If anyone would like to see I'll just post the link here.

Cheers

from muselive

"Lady Gaga has confirmed her appearance on Muse's newest addition to the Twilight soundtrack, 'Neutron Star Collision'. In an interview, Gaga mentioned that the project was "exciting, and was a big challenge to work with a band such as Muse."

Neutron Star Collision will be released on the 17th of May as part of the soundtrack for Twilight: Eclipse."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

from muselive

"Lady Gaga has confirmed her appearance on Muse's newest addition to the Twilight soundtrack, 'Neutron Star Collision'. In an interview, Gaga mentioned that the project was "exciting, and was a big challenge to work with a band such as Muse."

Neutron Star Collision will be released on the 17th of May as part of the soundtrack for Twilight: Eclipse."

whaaat? lady gaga?! damn im getting more & more nervous waiting for this single. & its starting to really sound like something selena gomez (or wtv her name is) would sing. i mean, Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)? haihh.. i hope gaga's insignificant in the song (i just hate her i dont know whyyyy :LOL:) & the title's just something random matt came up w n has nothing related whatsoever to the song.

oh btw hi everyone! :D wow its been quite some time :p

from muselive

Don't worry, the muselivers have admitted it's fake. Thank God.

Eee, I love it when bands say things in the local languages! :happy: Alex Kapranos made several attempts at saying things like "apa kabar!" and "terima kasih banyak" that night. :chuckle: Ooh, and Imogen Heap said "talk cock sing song" and "steady bom pipi." I'm ashamed to admit I dunno Singlish though. :$

I love that they put in the effort although sometimes it could be cheesy haha.. like when Jon Foreman tried to say "Mari kita rock sama-sama" he ended up saying something like "Mariquita rock summah summah!" :LOL: despite writing it on his palm hahaha.

I'm new to this thread. I'm Malaysian. I did contact Galaxy (the company that brought Muse last time) and asked them about this year. They replied me. It's posted in my group on Facebook. If anyone would like to see I'll just post the link here.

Cheers

Hi Dylan, welcome to the M'sian thread! :happy: So glad you could join. Awesome job bombarding Galaxy with emails. I recommend we expand our targets to other concert organisers here in Malaysia as well, for example This Feeling KL maybe who just brought Stereophonics over! Promoters are usually very coy about their replies, but keep up the good work I'm sure someone will hear us eventually :]

Don't worry, the muselivers have admitted it's fake. Thank God.

Hahahaha but Matt kinda likes Lady Gaga right, he has nothing against her, only perhaps when they were up against each other for NME worst dressed :LOL:

Oh and hi Lya, how're you doing? :D

hi liz! :) ive been good. jz finished exams :dance: but im broke, so ive been depressed-ly home arrested. hahah how ru? :D

nut, thank god it's fake. hahh yeap the news added to my depression, no doubt. but i agree w u! i think matt's jz pulling our legs. i do notice the mischievous, almost annoying kinda expression. like he knows he's being annoying. :LOL: so cute!

I love that they put in the effort although sometimes it could be cheesy haha.. like when Jon Foreman tried to say "Mari kita rock sama-sama" he ended up saying something like "Mariquita rock summah summah!" :LOL: despite writing it on his palm hahaha.

That is so cute! :eek::LOL: I loooove hearing their horrible pronounciation though, it's so aww-worthy. :p Imagine Tim Wheeler trying to speak in Malaysian or Indonesian? :eyebrows:

I actually really like The Fame Monster. A lot more than The Resistance, actually. :chuckle: Anyways, who's willing to bet that Neutron Star Collision is going to be one of the worst Muse songs ever made? Meh, oh well. I find it disappointing that all the Twilight soundtracks have amazing artists (as well as really shit artists) either producing new, terrible songs for it or older, amazing songs that don't fit in with the movie. Though Beck and Bat for Lashes are collaborating for a song on the soundtrack. :eek: That should be pretty amazing.

I actually really like The Fame Monster. A lot more than The Resistance, actually. :chuckle: Anyways, who's willing to bet that Neutron Star Collision is going to be one of the worst Muse songs ever made? Meh, oh well. I find it disappointing that all the Twilight soundtracks have amazing artists (as well as really shit artists) either producing new, terrible songs for it or older, amazing songs that don't fit in with the movie. Though Beck and Bat for Lashes are collaborating for a song on the soundtrack. :eek: That should be pretty amazing.

I. CANNOT. STAND. GAGA. i seriously dont know why. she's just weird. & scary:$ hahah but i think the worst muse song ever made is the twilight version of i belong to you. yeap, that i can say, sounds worse than anything gaga.

oh did u watch the 30 second clip? i love the boys in black&white. hee looks pretty good dznt it? maybe it'll be worth looking at. muted, though :p

Oh, it definitely sounds worse than Gaga. :p

Yes, and it was horrible. I don't find them attractive and the video was just them playing in plain backgrounds, so overall I'm just going to give it a miss, save my ears when the full version comes out and not waste my time watching a boring video.