I have already bought The Resistance cd+dvd from Victoria Music Centre today! :D All for RM39.90 only! What a steal. Major kudos to Liz aka guilt_striken for telling me about that promotion. I hope the lot of you who pre-ordered it will receive it soon! :) You should've received it on Monday itself, meh. What's all this about a strike anyway?

Oh and Liz, I just realised in the text I sent you I meant to say I got it from Victoria Music Centre, not Victoria Station ahahhaha. Care for some steak? :chuckle:

@Nut, 1:38 for Uprising reminded me a lot of Lady Gaga :LOL: why controversial? :eek:

ori or cetak rompak?

where's victoria music centre? so cheap :O

i was at 1 utama today and the guy at movie magic said that it'll only come in tomorrow evening, and Rock Corner said that they aren't sure. time to go to victoria's lol

There's a branch at Atria, Damansara Jaya! Thats the one I went to :D

@Deb Controversial cuz it instantly reminded me of his conspiracy theories and all about the new world order stuff. U've got to read about it to understand why he did that to his eye. And the fact that he sings "They will not control us!" is so fitting.:nerd:

But, it's just me. It could just be a trendy Japanese pose for the cameras.

:LOL: I'm sure it'll be just another trendy Japanese/Chinese/Honkee/Taiwanese pose to the rest of us oblivious ones ahah. I'm sure you're right, after all, conspiracy theories are Matt's thing anyway.

I think there are a few scattered around KL, though I've only been to two. One is at Sg Wang, located beside VINCCI shop, the other is at Amcorp Mall. Debbie bought hers at Atria Shopping Centre, I believe? There used to be one at Bangsar Shopping Centre, I'm not too sure if it's still there, because I called up the number and the girl who picked up said it was a stationary shop lol. There's also one at Kota Raya Complex, I think! Good luck finding! :)

I wonder how long this promotion will be ongoing. Hopefully til after Raya?

Lol yeahhh I was so hungry when you texted about Victoria Station :LOL: but no worries, I used to call it that too hehe.

lol! confusing la, haha, since I dont normally buy stuff from Victoria Music Centre. I actually forgot about its existence :$

ori or cetak rompak?

Ori la! Got that shiney silver "Ori" sticker and all. Cetak Rompak where got so expensive :chuckle: I dont buy cetak rompak Muse cds anymore, now that I love them so much :)

TEE! I dunno about you, but I'm loving the whole package of Ash's
! It's so different from White Rabbit lol. The song, the grooviness, the video as well! The first time I heard it, I immediately thought of Velvet Goldmine (More specifically Ewan McGregor and Christian Bale together..hee hee) . When I saw the vid, I couldn't help but break into a smile :)

I thought the song was just okay originally but it's starting to really grow on me now. I saw the video last night...it made me smile a lot too. :happy: The video's helped me like it more...can get the vibe better. Can't wait to get it on vinyl! Christian Bale. :stongue: I personally prefer ROWR better so far, but if they were to release more songs a bit like True Love 1980 I wouldn't mind the least bit, especially if they sounded one part TL1980 and one part 1977 or FAA. :happy: By the way, I saw you posted something about The Ataris playing Indonesia? I went to their Myspace...for October 10 it said TBA for both the city and the venue. Oh please let it be Bali for once. :'( I'm really not getting my hopes up at this point though -sigh-

By the way...anybody in Singapore, Amanda Palmer from The Dresden Dolls and Neil Gaiman (one of my favourite authors) will be there for the Singapore Writers Festival around Halloween. :eek: Wish I could go.

I pre-ordered the boxset, but my friend once ordered a vinyl and a boxset and got it delivered here and they came out very, very damaged so I got it delivered to my grandparents in Singapore. It came on Tuesday...and I can't get my hands on it until October. :'(

Edited by Waldo

Yeah Matt! He's so eccentric.

Anyway I'm listening to an online music library and I discovered this.

http://164.109.94.195/63/47/286347.mp3

I think it sounds awesome. Does it remind you of a song?:D

Citizen Erased much? :chuckle:

wow,ori for rm39.90,that's cheaper than UK one:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeapppp!! :D

On another note! My friend showed me this. Here's the video for Musee's latest single Uprising!

http://www.mtvmusic.com/muse_uk_/videos/435512/uprising.jhtml

The return of the teddy beaaarss :eek:

@Nut : The audio clip sounds very much like...Citizen Erased!

Congratulations to those who got their albums!

YOU GUYS, guess what happened at school today.

Ok, during assembly, we had some musicians perform for us. 2 of them played traditional Chinese instruments, and the other two [if you guys know the show 'Anugerah', my friends told me that they (Romey and Buggy) are from the band 'Helven'. I don't know who they are 'coz I don't watch that show :p] played guitar and bass. So they played some covers, and it was nice and all, and all the while I was thinking, "Hmm, wonder what it'd be like if they played a Muse song" / "Hmm, wish they'd play some Muse".

THEN SUDDENLY the guys said,

"This is the last song, its a cover of the song ASSASSIN by the band MUSE."

And as soon as I heard that, a surge of adrenaline pulsated in me, and without much thought,

I screamed / shrieked.

Very loudly.

The other 300+ students were not cheering or anything, and suddenly they heard a very loud shriek from the back.:facepalm:.A few heads turned to look at me. I was like :$, but at the same time :dance::awesome::party::\mm/::musesign:

:LOL:

I was in serious SHOCK / AWE lol. Like, who would play Muse? ASSASSIN? So I was singing along to the song, but my whole body felt weak, and I was shaking and blushing and hyperventilating lol. Some of my friends around me were giggling / looking at me like I was some sort of major MAJOR freak. :$:LOL:

I was still shaking when I was making my back to class, and was rambling to my friend about how massive a Muse fan I was, and I couldn't stop grinning the whole time! :p I texted Nut as soon as I went out of school. Just needed to tell one of you guys! And my hands were still shaking, and throughout the whole journey back I was trying to stop myself from grinning!

Oh, it was an acoustic cover of Assassin. It was rather nice :) (or I was just too bloody excited). I'm still in a bit of a daze, the whole thing was so...surreal!

At first I thought of how mega embarrassing / potentially embarrassing the whole thing was. But then I thought about it again, and said to myself, "So what, I love Muse. And I'd scream for them in a hall of 300+ people where everyone is quiet. And I'm proud of it." :happy:

Still, I'm a bit :$.

It seems my friend's relative's friend's (or s'thing like that) knows the two guys, and meets up with them sometimes. I was thinking of writing a letter to them, to like, thank them for playing the song or something. Should I? ..or would that be just plain silly...

Made my day (:

where did u get it from?!

rock corner :D but it's a bit more expensive that at victoria..am loving the dvd! the boys are so funneeh :LOL:

i love,love the album! love every single song except Guiding Light.

ahh... thanks for the link deb!

LOL noor.. i think i would do the same thing! but imagine a teacher instead of a student getting excited like that.. ooooo sure lg malu hehehe.. writing a letter? a short note would be better i guess. but if you feel like writing a letter to them, go on..

dunno why but am more excited with the new album than raya heheh..Unnatural Selection , MK Ultra and I Belong To You back to back is just PURE AWESOME. * is going mental about Muse all over again*

Edited by crazy_mary

Muse have stated they would like to record the new James Bond theme.

QuoteRock band Muse have said they would be keen to record the theme for the next James Bond film.

"It's something we'd probably say yes to, or at least give it a good go," drummer Dom Howard told the BBC.

The new Muse album The Resistance, released this week, sees the band blending their stadium rock sound with strings and opera.

"Certainly some of our music fits with the James Bond vibe - and I think it could work," Howard said.

Read the full story here.

Source : muselive.com

I HAVE THE RESISTANCE! :dance:

:LOL: Nut, after I exited Somerset MRT, I was lost and walking around for about 10 mins! So scary! Was about to turn back, but then I saw The Heeren! And and HMV is HUUUGE. Lol jakon.

Me upon seeing the album = 596~SpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters-1.jpg:D

Hi Musers! I'm new here! Sila beri tunjuk ajar.Hehe :happy

Hi, welcome! You'll get used to this place in no time :happy:

Hi Musers! I'm new here! Sila beri tunjuk ajar.Hehe :happy:

Hey welcome to the club!

I HAVE THE RESISTANCE! :dance:

:LOL: Nut, after I exited Somerset MRT, I was lost and walking around for about 10 mins! So scary! Was about to turn back, but then I saw The Heeren! And and HMV is HUUUGE. Lol jakon.

Me upon seeing the album = 596%7ESpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters-1.jpg:D

Hi, welcome! You'll get used to this place in no time :happy:

Haha nice story about the Assassin!

Congrats on The Resistance! My bro just called and he said my deluxe boxset has finally arrived!

Glad u didn'T give up and got what u came for!

Edited by Nutcracker

wow: uprising vid.. remind me of invicible.. :D

i've search the resistance around alor star, damn... x ada !!!!

hey, what's in the dvd ? new muse video ?

you are not the only one who still don't have the album you know...i'm so frustrated that i can't find any shop in my place (bangi) sell the album...i'm so lazy to go around kl to find the album

Aww noor thats so cool, your assassin story! :D I'd be screaming out loud too :happy: !

Lavaria, welcome to the board! :) Or well technically, welcome to our Malaysian thread! haha :D The people in Main Muse are indeed very obsessed with Muse, and the people in Banter can be a bit brutal sometimes, just to warn you :)

Nut!! take a good nice picture of the box set before and after you open it okay! :D I want to see I want to see! ahhaha. So exciting :happy:

I'm soooo loving Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra and Exogenesis man. liek, zomg. I cant wait to listen to it in the car later when i'm gonna be stuck in traffic whee! :LOL: First time I hear myself looking forward to being stuck in a traffic jam ahahha.

EDIT: dont forget to vote! :D

http://awards.qthemusic.com/Default.aspx

Excitement indeed!

http://picasaweb.google.com/kheleev/TheResistanceLimitedEditionBoxset?pli=1#

MAJOR spoiler for Miele and Tee.

Have you received yours yet, Miele?

I looooooove it. Best merch I've ever wasted money on.:)

LOL at all the dancing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Exogenesis was so emo. In an extreeeemely excellent way.

@Deb I know what you mean about being stuck in a jam voluntarily! I blast the music so loud when I'm alone, that it's so hazardous to other motorists I think.

Selamat Hari Raya all of you awesome people! Maaf Zahir & Batin. Peace. :p

Edited by Nutcracker

Excitement indeed!

MAJOR spoiler for Miele and Tee.

Have you received yours yet, Miele?

I looooooove it. Best merch I've ever wasted money on.:)

LOL at all the dancing. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Exogenesis was so emo. In an extreeeemely excellent way.

@Deb I know what you mean about being stuck in a jam voluntarily! I blast the music so loud when I'm alone, that it's so hazardous to other motorists I think.

Selamat Hari Raya all of you awesome people! Maaf Zahir & Batin. Peace. :p

OMG that looks really gooood! and the 5.1 so you'll get the alternative intro to UnnS and the non-stop version of Exo!!

As if there aren't enough pics all over the net. ;) A bit hard to avoid...I've seen basically all of them haha, so it'll be a bit ruined for me, but ehh I don't really think so. My aunt was right about the Royal Mail box looking like a pizza box, hehe. I love boxsets, and that looks great, and I don't regret buying it at all but...does anybody else think it's way overpriced? :erm: 60 quid is really a lot just for that, I've gotten boxsets for the same price that came with way more stuff, and boxsets for cheaper that have the same amount of things...but oh well, I'll just be grateful I have a boxset at all. ;) Or well, will have a boxset, seeing as it technically isn't in my ownership yet. :supersad: Glad you finally got your boxset Nut!

Noor: I remember making that face and having a spazz attack when I saw the Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe boxset in Singapore. :facepalm: The people behind me were actually laughing at how excited I got. :$

I thought the song was just okay originally but it's starting to really grow on me now. I saw the video last night...it made me smile a lot too. The video's helped me like it more...can get the vibe better. Can't wait to get it on vinyl! Christian Bale. :stongue: I personally prefer ROWR better so far, but if they were to release more songs a bit like True Love 1980 I wouldn't mind the least bit, especially if they sounded one part TL1980 and one part 1977 or FAA. By the way, I saw you posted something about The Ataris playing Indonesia? I went to their Myspace...for October 10 it said TBA for both the city and the venue. Oh please let it be Bali for once.I'm really not getting my hopes up at this point though -sigh-

By the way...anybody in Singapore, Amanda Palmer from The Dresden Dolls and Neil Gaiman (one of my favourite authors) will be there for the Singapore Writers Festival around Halloween Wish I could go.

Lol I think I'm gonna make TL 1980 my ring tone. It has such a groovilicious beat to it :) Uprising is my alarm currently, and it works like a charm haha!

I sent a @TheAtaris over in twitter to enquire, and they've updated saying that they'll be playing JAKARTA! Ahhhhhhhhh. Right now, I half wished it was Bali too, because as I was browsing through the flight tickets just now, my mom saw Jakarta and she immediately gave me the no-go because of the whole "malaysian sweeping" incident going on at the capital of Indonesia :( This sucks. It would've been a perfect after-finals gig for me. Also, to see Kris Roe and perhaps be able to talk to him, that would've been great! Maybe they'll do an acoustic show at Hard Rock....hmmm. Fingers crossed as well :(

Neil Gaiman wow my friend would be ecstatic! He'll probably end up dressing as...the sandmand? Lol. But aren't you heading back to sg in October?

Must be nerve wrecking not being able to take ownership of your box set! I remember going on a short holiday only to find that my Lifehouse DVD arrived the next day and it turned out that it wasn't a very enjoyable holiday because my heart's totally not in it anymore once I found out about my DVD arrival! haha. Hang in there...

Hi Musers! I'm new here! Sila beri tunjuk ajar.Hehe

Welcome! :D

Nut, after I exited Somerset MRT, I was lost and walking around for about 10 mins! So scary! Was about to turn back, but then I saw The Heeren! And and HMV is HUUUGE. Lol jakon.

Me upon seeing the album = 596~SpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters-1.jpg

Hehehe, I know, I was totally jakun too when I first went to that HMV a few years back. When I saw the escalators heading up to another floor... I literally made these faces :awesome::awesome::awesome: and it maintained that way as I sifted through rack upon rack of CDs (and DVDs)! :LOL:

Aww, I miss singapore.

In the spirit of me visitng sg every summer though, I mayyyy just drop by and make a day trip to sg in early october lol

Excitement indeed!

I looooooove it. Best merch I've ever wasted money on.

That looks so awesomeee!! Thanks for sharing the experience lol. I can literally see feel your excitement sifting through your hands and fingers (I'm sorry, I notice these things lol) when you're tearing up the package :p

Sooo good to know I'm not the only one who enjoys being stuck in a voluntary jam lol. My friends gaped in horror when I told them I love driving and I wouldn't mind sitting in a car for hours.

--------------------------

I finally got around to complete that MTV World Stage review btw... specifically AAR & Kasabian's sets (wanted to delay til next month after my finals, but I guess procrastination got the better of me once again..!) if anyone's still interested, here it is :)

The All-American Rejects Ah, the days of gossiping about how Tyson Ritter used to kill his girlfriend’s father and went to jail for it. Gone are those days. It’s a pain to have figured out during the concert that I no longer enjoy their songs entirely, as much as I try to enjoy them. Even “Swing, Swing” couldn’t save the night. Of course, that doesn’t mean to say that they were horrible on stage, well actually they kinda were, especially Tyson’s antics… but I would be lying majorly if I said the crowd did not had fun during their set. In fact, AAR received the loudest cheers from the crowd throughout the night! Perhaps my expectations were set a bit high, in hopes that they would play songs such as “The Last Song”, “Move Along”, “Time Stands Still” etc. I suppose I’m growing out of them since I can’t particularly relate to the newer songs. Well, I guess it’s just that a certain friend of mine has seen them about 7 times already and he has only sung praises for them, so I was looking forward to see how AAR would unveil themselves on stage. With Tyson going crrraaaazzzyyy (sometimes annoying) and totally high with glitter however, it didn’t leave a strong impression. Perhaps I can’t judge them fully since this was not a full 90 mins gig. I’ll be seeing them again when they return to Malaysia so I’ll reserve my full thoughts til then (in other words, I’m gonna wait and see if they'll use the second chance to set things right)

Get Loose, Get loose! Kasabian is next! Imagine a hierarchy from the ancient [sunway] pyramid times. Kasabian sit at the TOP of that, with AAR wayyy down at the servant entry level. That was how huge the gap was between both the performances. Kasabian’s set was pure quality and trumped each and every other act for that night. They hardly broke a sweat too; these guys were smooth and looked super comfortable on stage. Tom effortlessly belted out “Vlad the Imapler” despite just being quarantined in Australia for H1N1. The next few moments went pass in a blur almost in a trance (lol!), all I could remember was having a GREAT time despite how exhausted I was. The crowd showed no sign of slowing down though, despite the throng of AAR fans leaving before Kasabian went on stage. I cannot fathom how anyone could leave knowing Kasabian would be up next. The lighting was amazing, backed up by the spot-on flashing images as a back drop, all I can do is laud MTV’s effort for a stunning stage set up along with crystal clear acoustics. The partial audio bootleg that I recorded turned out reasonably ok which goes to show the awesome sound quality from the show before being filtered through my recorder. “Fire” dangerously licked and teased the crowd through a journey all the way to the climax of the song, before burning us all to the ground, literally. Tom was spot on that night, and he did not show a single sign of slowing down, even after performing 8 songs.

End it must, however, and so with a man-made volcano eruption blazing up the night, MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia came to an end. While the show and stage is still miles away from the standards of Pinkpop, this is certainly a step forward for the Malaysian music scene. Here’s hoping we managed to send the message across the world to other musicians, that Malaysia should not be lightly looked at (read: ignored)

…ever!