oh. lol that makes a lotta sense now.

but if Muse plays at some club, then i cant goo!!! :( and neither can my friends (who are fans of muse too)!!!

they MUST NOT have age restrictions at their gigs!

heh heh. well then, let's hope the band and their management don't mind putting up with shit. cos otherwise they might forego the country altogether. and where would we all be then? ...well, you, i can prolly tell. it's me that's the problem. :LOL:

heh heh. well then, let's hope the band and their management don't mind putting up with shit. cos otherwise they might forego the country altogether. and where would we all be then? ...well, you, i can prolly tell. it's me that's the problem. :LOL:

lol if that happens, and they go to singapore instead, and IF i go to singapore to watch them, i'll tell you all about it. haha :D dont worry. and when you go to lthe uk or us to see them in the future, DO tell me about it! haha after all, sharing IS caring :D

and take as many pictures as you cann!! lol.

man, this sounds like as if we've given up already! :eek:

lol if that happens, and they go to singapore instead, and IF i go to singapore to watch them, i'll tell you all about it. haha :D dont worry. and when you go to lthe uk or us to see them in the future, DO tell me about it! haha after all, sharing IS caring :D

and take as many pictures as you cann!! lol.

man, this sounds like as if we've given up already! :eek:

eh can bring me along to singapore ah? i live at PJ there :D i want to see them too :p

aww why not? I am toilet trained and i don't bite...All you have to do is provide me with food and i'm all set :)

lol cause i'm just a kid, dude. i'm probably gonna go to singapore with a friend of mine named Trevor who's into Muse as much as i am! as much as all of us are actually. and he's gay and fuckin' awesome :D he'll probably hit on you if you tag along. you sure you want a gay guy to hit on you? i hear straight guys are reaaally uncomfortable when they're around gay guys.:happy:

lol cause i'm just a kid, dude. i'm probably gonna go to singapore with a friend of mine named Trevor who's into Muse as much as i am! as much as all of us are actually. and he's gay and fuckin' awesome :D he'll probably hit on you if you tag along. you sure you want a gay guy to hit on you? i hear straight guys are reaaally uncomfortable when they're around gay guys.:happy:

hey i'm not biased. I don't judge people and its flatering that a gay guy hit on me :p Besides Dom looks pretty gay. And isn't this a thread about muse fans in malaysia and not gay friends :rolleyes:

hey i'm not biased. I don't judge people and its flatering that a gay guy hit on me :p Besides Dom looks pretty gay. And isn't this a thread about muse fans in malaysia and not gay friends :rolleyes:

HEYY! LEAVE DOM OUT OF THIS! lol. and yeah, we ARE muse fans in malaysia. i only mentioned my gay friend ONCE. lol why cant you follow your friends to singapore? instead of a stranger?

you have a mutual friend when it comes to muse? that's so...well, that must be nice...i don't really get to talk much bout them or music in general since the friends i used to gush about music with are all pretty much elsewhere in the world now...and i don't have too many of those to begin with.

and what little gay frens i have are into stuff like ADnD, magic the gathering, warcraft and anime (ok, even the straight ones like bout the same stuff) so i'm pretty much on my own when it comes to my love for loud music (and by extension, muse). that or they're into other kinda bands, those with the atmospheric elements in their music, kinda like massive attack and björk and portishead and archive and stuff (tho i like them enough to listen occasionally, i don't really like them enough to follow or know too much about their stuff) or chick rock stuff like pj harvey and fiona apple...=((

and the straight people i know who are into music like those nu-metalish stuff like SOAD (which i quite like myself, but not as much as muse) and metallica and korn and yanno the drill...and from these bunch, not too many of them are into brit stuff, i'm afraid....other than the beatles. i don't even know anyone who's into radiohead. well not anyone i'm close with, anyway. passing acquaintance, maybe....which is not nearly enough, even.

so if i ever wanna talk about bands i like, it's sadly confined to online forums. and when i find fellow m'sian fans in said forums, well, eventho in reality we're prolly as far away from each other emotionally as the rest of the members from other parts of the world, it still just feels closer somehow, yanno? just an illusion, i know, but it has to be enough for now, i spose. =)

so yeah i'd make sure we treasure each other if i were you two...

IF they come here, (SG), then I'll welcom u guys at the airport, or the train station, or the bus depot! with open arms. LOL:

I feel for you Vspirit, i know what it was like having no one else to like your kind of music. But fortunately I've preached successfully to my close frens, and pretty soon we're going to cover Muse. Hopefully it'll be fun. :)

...i mean even if MUSE came here its not like i can go to their show..

so you're cheering just so others can? wow that's...that's really awesome of you. if they do make it down here, i really hope, by some divine stroke of luck or something, that you can make it. :)

and Nutcracker...yeah, well, I don't exactly lose sleep over it or anything but sometimes when others talk about going to shows with their mates or something, it makes me feel a little lonely. whenever i attend rock concerts, i always go alone. but hey, i can make friends there. heh heh...but the ironic thing is, most times, i end up talking about everything BUT the music with some of the people there...which is a good thing, i suppose...

lol i know how you feel! like about two years ago, i started liking muse but i had noone to talk about them to.. so i wasnt as passionate about them. until i met Victor! haha then you could say, we kinda got each other obsessed by talking about muse at school nonstop! then i met Trevor through victor, haha and we all got more obsessed and share random facts about them with each other. and now we're on this mission to turn more people into crazy fans of Muse.

and you see, all this while i was thinking that we were the only ones who loved muse in malaysia, until we found this thread. lol

so yeah i really agree with you on how we're closer because we're from the same nation and all. :happy:

so you're cheering just so others can? wow that's...that's really awesome of you. if they do make it down here, i really hope, by some divine stroke of luck or something, that you can make it. :)

and Nutcracker...yeah, well, I don't exactly lose sleep over it or anything but sometimes when others talk about going to shows with their mates or something, it makes me feel a little lonely. whenever i attend rock concerts, i always go alone. but hey, i can make friends there. heh heh...but the ironic thing is, most times, i end up talking about everything BUT the music with some of the people there...which is a good thing, i suppose...

I think it's cool you can talk to strangers :). It doesn't matter what you talk about i guess, as long as everyone enjoys the conversation eh?

Man if i have the cash i would definitely make the effort to go down under.. so near yet so far..

yeah, like i said in one of my earlier posts in this thread, they've even all and all out mentioned malaysia (among a few other SEA countries) in the loveline show they did a couple of months back or so when they were doing a short tour of the states.

i'd love to be jumping with joy and all but i don't think i'll do just that yet cos as much as i'm truly impressed and grateful that they even consider us at all in the first place much less actually making it here, there's a high chance the immigration might f*ck that up for us. i'm not a pessimist by nature but well, there's reason to be wary when the m'sian gov't is involved, don't you think?

either way i'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment so i'll jst look forward to seeing them elsewhere further than SEA someday, if not in M'sia itself next year. hell, i might even eat my words and go to one of the SEA countries they do end up playing -- i'd choose thailand over s'pore cos i've never been to thailand before and would love to look around but tickets in s'pore will be easier to get...guess i'll decide when the time comes. =)

i doubt the immigration people are THAT bad.. i mean, they let bands like simple plan, we are scientists, inxs and even linkin park to come! not forgetting the pussycat dolls and such. so why not muse?

but after what you said, i'm not gonna get my hopes up then. :(

and as for travelling to some other country to watch them, i think i'm the only fool in malaysia who hasnt been to singapore yet :$ ! so i'd love to go there :) IF, i have my parents' permission, of course.

they ARE that bad. why else do you think so little international acts come here? i read somewhere that linkin park actually had to jump through endless hoops with the immigration just to hold their big show here and eventho i'm not into them, i still give them my kudos for persevering where many other acts would've just said "f*ck it, all these trouble ain't worth it." it means that LP thinks malaysians are worth the trouble and that's enough to induce a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

tho i didn't go and am not into them still. xxxxD still, lots of people went and i'm glad their show was a huge success. and while i won't be doing anything to contribute to it, i wish them more success in their careers and future undertakings.

Chris said in an interview

"after Christmas we're doing Big Day Out in Australia, and then Japan and i think we're gonna do South East Asia as well which we've never done before"

you can check it out here

ohoho! they're comiingg!!!

Thanks for the link! I think since they mentioned it, there's a high chance they'll come SEA. .I've never seen an interview with just Chris.. So strange.

I didn't realise Malaysian immigration is that bad, but personally i've never had problems going into Malaysia.. I'm just curious, are you guys (Vspirit & mynameisdebbie) Malaysians?

yeah i'm a malaysian! and i'm gonna assume vspirit is a malaysian too. and er, i went to linkin park!! and i had a blast :happy: it was so freakin awesome. one of the best concerts i've been to. oh i forgot to mention incubus and hoobastank came too :D haha. i'm extremely sad that i couldnt make it to their gigs here. doubt they'll EVER come back though.

and i noticed something. malay radio stations seem to play more Muse compared to english radio stations.. i find that REALLY odd. :stunned: hmm.

yeah i'm a malaysian! and i'm gonna assume vspirit is a malaysian too. and er, i went to linkin park!! and i had a blast :happy: it was so freakin awesome. one of the best concerts i've been to. oh i forgot to mention incubus and hoobastank came too :D haha. i'm extremely sad that i couldnt make it to their gigs here. doubt they'll EVER come back though.

and i noticed something. malay radio stations seem to play more Muse compared to english radio stations.. i find that REALLY odd. :stunned: hmm.

You see, Malaysian gigs are much better sometimes. Recently in SG there was Slipknot :eek:, Mayhem :eek: :eek: :mad: , Oasis :), also Linkin Park, and now Yngwie Malmsteen and Slayer too :p . I didn't go to any of them. But i love Incubus. Y they skipped SG i can already guess.

You see, Malaysian gigs are much better sometimes. Recently in SG there was Slipknot :eek:, Mayhem :eek: :eek: :mad: , Oasis :), also Linkin Park, and now Yngwie Malmsteen and Slayer too :p . I didn't go to any of them. But i love Incubus. Y they skipped SG i can already guess.

SLIPKNOT went to singapore?! how come i didnt hear about that!! lol. their masks scare me. but i love the vid where Dom steals one. SIT THE FCK DOOWWWNNN!!! hahahaha! SO hilarious.

oh! you forgot to mention Coldplay. :D i considered going for that one but didnt in the end.

Yeah COLDPLAY! I must've been depressed, and my subconscious mind failed to remember them. I so regret not going... I cldn't afford the mosh ticket at that time and decided to not go at all.

Hhaha yeah Dom was so funny. It always cracks me up when i watch it! Can u guys get a copy of any of their singles there? Do u have Inside the Muscle Museum?