• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

there...really aren't too many of us, eh? i think looking in this thread itself will already tell them how unjustified their trip here may be. much as i wish they'd come, i really dunno if enough people here know of their music enough or at least heard of them just enough to be curious to check them out live (and leave a total Musehead convert).

we're a rather concert-starved country, and they don't exactly get loads of airtime here. in fact i don't think i've ever heard them on mainstream radio programs (which i only ever switch to when i'm driving and forgot to bring CDs on board...which is too often, unfortunately, as they don't play stuff i fancy so it usually ends up as background noise). i've only ever heard them once or twice on those more obscure evening rock selection thingies...which prolly contributes to the factor of why we're so starved in the first place, other than the obvious 'too much jumping through immigration hoops', of course.

which is why that little airplane up there is really, REALLY ironic.

le sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm was just listening to the session of loveline which Muse were guests on and about 53 minute-ish into the show, Bellamy lets drop something that's right interesting.

"...but yeah, I'm looking forward to next year. We're going to do like a tour of South-East Asia. We're playing, well, also Japan but we're also playing (The) Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia and stuff...looking forward to it...I've never been there before but I'm looking forward to that very much, yeah."

oh, when Bellamy was listing off those countries, someone added Indonesia but I dunno who. Maybe it's Howard, cos if it was, then yeah, Indonesia too.

so...yeah. i know it's next year but better keep yourselves alert starting now, m'sian fans. tho judging from the rate this thread is getting response, or rather NOT getting response, i doubt you guys will know about it til the media here picks it up and bites you in the ass when they do. :indiff::noey:

come on, people, wake up!

EDIT: well guess the Indons already picked up on it. xD just saw their thread. eventho it's a little dead now, it still boasts more life than here. c'mon guys, make some noise, show the guys that coming to Malaysia will NOT be wrong decision. Don't make them hesitate to come here!!!

EDIT 2: OK found another older M'sian thread further on but well, i've already posted here so *shrugs*

Hello, I`m from Belgium but I`m staying in M`sia for a year. Now I`m here in Msia muse comes to Belgium! So hopefully they also come to Msia!

Where are you from?

greets

Was that for me? Cos if it is, I'm in the Klang Valley area =)

And yeah would be good if you're still around should they really make it down here next year. ^_^

oh hello! haha i found another Malaysian Muse Fans thread. cool :D

anyway, even if Muse is gonna tour SouthEast Asia, i doubt that they'd come to KL, because like you said, not many Malaysians know of Muse. which is extremely gay if you ask me! i've got a feeling they'd tour Singapore instead, which isnt that bad since its just below us. :)

oh, i've checked their tourdates for January 2007, and i dont see any mention of any countries in SE asia. all i see are mostly in Australia.. but then again its not confirmed yet. maybe musewiki.org will update it soon enough :D

oh hello! haha i found another Malaysian Muse Fans thread. cool :D

anyway, even if Muse is gonna tour SouthEast Asia, i doubt that they'd come to KL, because like you said, not many Malaysians know of Muse. which is extremely gay if you ask me! i've got a feeling they'd tour Singapore instead, which isnt that bad since its just below us. :)

oh, i've checked their tourdates for January 2007, and i dont see any mention of any countries in SE asia. all i see are mostly in Australia.. but then again its not confirmed yet. maybe musewiki.org will update it soon enough :D

they just might. contrary to popular belief, they do have quite the fanbase here actually. although i'm not quite sure if it's big enough to fill the bukit jalil stadium--not that the venue is all that massive, just whether or not the fanbase and musicheads here are interested enough but at least a medium sized venue like the kiara equestrian club will have a sizeable turnout, i reckon. given the 'nature' of the place tho, i'd rather it not be there. but since i can't think of any other decent places, i guess it'd have to do. people'll just have to remember to bring those menthol oil and nose pegs...

i'm hoping for some smaller club venues thrown in, though, like the recent We Are Scientists at Zouk KL one but Muse might just be able to command a crowd that's bigger than smaller venues like that over here now. couple of years ago these smaller venues might've worked maybe but certainly not anymore now, i don't think. i can still hope, though...

that, and i really don't wanna travel too far to catch them live, worth the trouble as they may be i probably simply won't bother...especially if it involves crossing borders of any kind =( so it'd be really great news if they do make a short stop here. heck, i don't even mind paying the price for the best seats, as long as i don't have to go out of my way too much to attend...that's what the band's supposed to do. we do the payin', they do the travellin'.

i'm hoping for some smaller club venues thrown in, though, like the recent We Are Scientists at Zouk KL one but Muse might just be able to command a crowd that's bigger than smaller venues like that over here now. couple of years ago these smaller venues might've worked maybe but certainly not anymore now, i don't think. i can still hope, though...

oh boy, lol can 16 year olds enter Zouk if Muse performs there? i doubt it. so i PRAAAY that they dont have a performance there or i swear i will cry my eyes out if my fake id doesnt work.

oh wait, by next year i'll be 17. that KIND OF heightens the chance of me entering... i guess. sigh.

and i agree with you on the whole we do the payin', they do the travellin', but this could possibly be their first and last stop in south east asia (if they do come in the first place), and you'd miss it even if its in singapore? :O

i sure wouldnt. i just hopppe and praaaay that their concert will be at the beginning of the year and not after that.. because of the ultimate exam of all exams! SPM. die.

who do you think would know of Muse's tour dates next year? besides crazy_bob.

ohhhh right. i forgot about the underaged aspect. but what i truly meant was on top of playing one bigger venue for people of all ages, i'm hoping that they'd play a couple of smaller ones alongside.

and haha if i have to travel to watch them i'd rather go further than singapore. this way i can at least do some sightseeing in a country that's totally foreign. two birds with one stone. besides, it's not as if i've never done it before. i did just that for the RHCP concert and BDO in Perth in '00.

so if they're coming down to SEA but not to M'sia, no, i prolly won't bother to travel. i'll just youtube their live shows 'til i save enough to go to the UK or US or wherever (Italy's high on my list). i'll just plan my travelling dates to coincide with their touring ones. xxD

and i think their SEA tour could actually be early next year, possibly the first quarter. i got wind that it might possibly be as soon as March/April-ish. but things could change tho so ultimately, i dunno.

It's highly unlikely that Muse would play in smaller venues.

If Muse would tour SEA but not the Philippines, I think I'd still do what I can to go and see them.

Actually seeing them live > A hundred thousand awesome live YouTube videos of them.

And I just can't wait that long. I'm still in college; most likely it would be a long time until I could afford to go to those places where they usually play. :)

Lastly, like debbie said, if Muse dropped by SEA to play, that'd probably the last time they'd do so, so why miss the opportunity?

They're playing in Australia early next year...since it's near, probably they could fly to SEA soon after?

Actually seeing them live > A hundred thousand awesome live YouTube videos of them.

They're playing in Australia early next year...since it's near, probably they could fly to SEA soon after?

i was thinking of the exact same thing... :stunned:

and about watching them live, i was watching their absolution tour in Glastonbury on dvd... and i was thinking to myself, "damn, i HAVE to watch them live before i die or life would not be complete!"

plus, i'm still in school, and Muse is about to be 30. i'm afraid that they might stop recording and settle down soon! and then they wont be touring anymore and if i miss it, i will not die happy. :| so why not just watch them whenever you have the chance! lol. which is soon, i hope.

and vspirit, i envy you! i'd KILL to be able to watch BDO. and sorry if all this talk is depressing. haha :D didnt mean to :p

haha they're not 30 yet, i don't think...i think two of em still have another couple of years or so to go. and 30 is when life really begins for most, you know. and you can actually settle down at any age as proven by, of all people, the youngest member of this band...who's already settled down at what? 19??? xDD dunno bout the other two. bellamy still seems a rather long way from settling down but even if he does, i doubt it'd be what'd stop the band from making music. if anything, it'd be the band feeling that they've done enough before pulling the plug. but then again you have bands like the rhcp, dt, tfl, u2, and many more who've been around for ages...who's to say muse won't as well, eh?

and hey, you're still a student right? chances are, if you ever pick to further your tertiary education overseas in one of the more commonly picked foreign countries (UK, US, OZ, etc), you'd get to see whatever festivals that go on there. and sides, you're young. who's to say what'll happen in the future? as such, i wouldn't worry too much about not getting any chances, if i were you.

thats a good idea, studying overseas and watch them. a friend of mine went to Aussie and went to a dashboard confessional concert too, haha i never thought of that actually! but i cant, unless i get a full scholarship... which is a definate no cause i'm such a lazy kid. but i shall work hard! :D

and enough about all this muse touring, lets talk about something else! related to muse of course. =p

well the fact that most bands would rather deal with your country's authorities than ours might contribute to the possibility. our immigration department is governed by ahempigheadsahem after all.

now that i think about it, i think why some bands choose to play smaller venues with age restrictions rather than the biggers ones without here is simply cos it's easier to be granted a permit that way. big shows = red tape. endless amount of it. our immigration loves it, thrives on it, sits on it.

that, and our country is more concert starved than yours, all of which are thanks to the reason i've already stated above, and not for the lack of fans(which i'm sure you're already well aware of) like i first gathered. fact, not opinion.

and herewith sprung our pessimistic attitude.

now that i think about it, i think why some bands choose to play smaller venues with age restrictions rather than the biggers ones without here is simply cos it's easier to be granted a permit that way. big shows = red tape. endless amount of it. our immigration loves it, thrives on it, sits on it.

what do you mean by red tape?