Do you feel you have to like everything Muse do?

Mozza

Do you feel you have to like everything Muse do?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel you have to like everything Muse do?

• Muse never make anything bad
    • If Muse did it, I like it
    • Nah, some of their stuff is great, others not so
    • Leave me alone

+1, 100% exactly! ... you put it much better than I did :LOL:. I was too afraid to listen to Hullabaloo when I first go it, in case I wouldn't like/love even one of the songs, haha! :$

The reason I love Muse so much anyway is because they hardly do anything (musically) that I don't like, and they're the only band to have that impact on me. But that's not to say I can't admit if there's something a bit off. Anyways, v well put! :D

Same :)

For example, Exo-Politics is rubbish compared to Pee-Candle, same with Crying Shame.

I don't feel I need to like everything Muse do. I love 97% of the songs they have written. I love their live performances. I don't think I would have bothered joining the forum if I didn't love them so much. I've never been this fanatical about anything before. I even love Invincable as thats the song that introduced me to Muse. :p

I think healthy debate is fine. If I don't want to contribute, then I won't. But if I do, I'm polite about it, unless I'm obviously joking. I don't think it's necessary to say things like "Starlight is a shite song and anyone who likes it is a dumbass," or stuff like that. I also don't like it when people accuse others of not being "real Muse fans" if they don't think OoS is the best album ever, etc. Even though I do think that, I don't care if others disagree, as long as it's not mean-spirited. Generally, if there's a song I don't like, I don't feel like going around saying "Invincible sucks donkey balls" and picking a fight or otherwise defending my opinion to the death. But I do think Invincible sucks donkey balls. :LOL:

I think healthy debate is fine. If I don't want to contribute, then I won't. But if I do, I'm polite about it, unless I'm obviously joking. I don't think it's necessary to say things like "Starlight is a shite song and anyone who likes it is a dumbass," or stuff like that. I also don't like it when people accuse others of not being "real Muse fans" if they don't think OoS is the best album ever, etc. Even though I do think that, I don't care if others disagree, as long as it's not mean-spirited. Generally, if there's a song I don't like, I don't feel like going around saying "Invincible sucks donkey balls" and picking a fight or otherwise defending my opinion to the death. But I do think Invincible sucks donkey balls. :LOL:

I agree with you.

But I think people have realized that picking a fight is fun for me (even though it's usually all just fun and games).

I feel like I have to but ill admit I do make an attempt to get in to everything they do, when if another band I didnt like so much did it for example, then i'd just say I didnt like it

Works sometimes and not others so yeah there are some songs I dont like but i like the vast majority

Unlike some, I don't see the point really? I mean other than appearing as an UBER COOL REBEL LOL to everyone else.

I get tired of this attitude. Just cos someone doesn't like something doesn't necessarily mean they're trying to rebel. Some people just like discussing all aspects of the stuff they like. I'm one. I do it with Muse but I also talk about what I find shit in Batman comics (which I still LOVE)...Muse don't get exclusivity when it comes to my dislikes/disappointments ;)

Just like people who love everything Muse do don't like being told what they should think, people who dislike some stuff don't like being told what they should think/they're only doing it to be cool.

During the massive build up to The Resistance I was like, oh god, this is probably going to be crap after all this, but it was complete opposite. I don't like Agitated THAT much, or Plug in Baby... Unnatural Selection.. some take a while to grow on me, some I get a bit bored of, but theres not much i can think of that i DISlike. If i dont like a few songs, so what? If i like them all, so what? I dont like the Instant Messenger song much anymore either. Or Overdue. Meh. Some are just less good than others haha. I liked I belong to you at first, but now i tend to skip it :/

Just asking this because I feel it is an issue that crops up. Do you find that you like something because it is by Muse rather than liking it because it is actually good?

Honestly. Not at all. There are some songs I like more than others. Overall I never feel like I have to like a song b/c it's a Muse song....

but at the same time I have never hated a song of theirs and been like "what the fuck is this shit!?"

What about pre-ordering an album? Isn't that like saying you will like it just because Muse made it?

Is it like saying you're betting you'll like it based on their previous work?

Or perhaps you feel some loyalty, and want to support them, even though you know that one called "Guiding Light" is gonna suck?

I'm not implying any of those are true. I just want to hear how this crowd answers. ;)

Honestly. Not at all. There are some songs I like more than others. Overall I never feel like I have to like a song b/c it's a Muse song....

but at the same time I have never hated a song of theirs and been like "what the fuck is this shit!?"

+1

Same for me. Muse on the whole make incredible songs, but there are songs of theirs that I'm not particularly fussed with. Same for all the bands I enjoy listening to.

What about pre-ordering an album? Isn't that like saying you will like it just because Muse made it?

Is it like saying you're betting you'll like it based on their previous work?

Or perhaps you feel some loyalty, and want to support them, even though you know that one called "Guiding Light" is gonna suck?

I'm not implying any of those are true. I just want to hear how this crowd answers. ;)

I pre-ordered it because I knew i'd end up buying it anyway. With an album it's (well used to be) that you only hear the lead single before it comes out anyway. And Uprising wasn't a dud so I thought 'yeah may aswell check it out'

I voted leave me alone :awesome:

But seriously, if I like it then I like it. I don't feel like I have to listen to it just because it's Muse, cause there are some songs I don't listen to and if there's a song I don't like on first listen, i'll listen to it a couple of times more and if I still don't like it then I don't bother with it. There are some songs that grow on me but if not then oh well.

yeah i had a honeymoon period where i loved everything muse did, then it wore off at about the time i bought BHaR after about 4-ish months... which sucked for the first time i heard showbiz all the way through after :\

it is my obsession's fault that i actually like the newton abbot demo though :awesome:

I had to go with that they never do anything bad as there are only a couple of their tracks that I don't like. That's not necessarily because they're bad; more that I just skip them occasionally because they don't get to me the way their other stuff does.

It's good to be critical; just not overly so....:D

I haven't heard any Muse songs I particularly dislike. I can be a bit hard on some when I compare them with better songs, but in general I like everything Muse do. Actually, here I sometimes feel like I'm expected not to like everything they do!

I agree with that first sentence, nothing Muse have done i dislike simply because there is such crap music out there played endlessly on playlists that i save all my distaste for that..

Id listen to a CD on loop of all my least fav Muse songs over a lot of music about at the mo so cant be that bad

Archived