Do you feel you have to like everything Muse do?

Mozza

Do you feel you have to like everything Muse do?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel you have to like everything Muse do?

• Muse never make anything bad
    • If Muse did it, I like it
    • Nah, some of their stuff is great, others not so
    • Leave me alone

I don't feel obliged to, but I tend to end up liking it anyway. Which was why I was surprised when I came here and everyone was like "UH X SONG SUCKS" and people saying how everyone hates certain songs and stuff. I'm not very critical with Muse, so far they haven't done anything that's made me go "uhhh this is awful!"

I don't feel obliged to, but I tend to end up liking it anyway. Which was why I was surprised when I came here and everyone was like "UH X SONG SUCKS" and people saying how everyone hates certain songs and stuff. I'm not very critical with Muse, so far they haven't done anything that's made me go "uhhh this is awful!"

+1

i dont really think that anything they've done is really bad, tbh. i dont really like hoodoo or soldier poem but they're not awful. i just cant get into them.

This. There isn't an option in the poll to say this though.

There's a difference between actually properly liking everything, and liking something for the sake of liking it.

To be fair, I bet a tonne of Musers like some of the things Muse do just for the sake of doing it :erm:

I think that is a popular misconception tbh. From my pov, they are an excellent band and I haven't found anything in particular I really don't like.

Just like with real life and people I love there, I dont like everything they do. Love my mum, doesnt mean I love everything she does.

That said, I've met some of my best friends via Muse, and had some of my best friends thanks to Muse. But love everything they do? Nah, Guiding Light is dire even if it is my fav band that's made it.

Fairly obvious that's it's a wind up thread...

Tbh I think it's unfair that if people in MM seem to like a song that older fans say they shouldn't, they are automatically labelled as deluded and only like it because Muse did it.

And to answer the question, no I don't, there are plenty of Muse songs I don't like. I think Overdue is one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

Fairly obvious that's it's a wind up thread...

Tbh I think it's unfair that if people in MM seem to like a song that older fans say they shouldn't, they are automatically labelled as deluded and only like it because Muse did it.

And to answer the question, no I don't, there are plenty of Muse songs I don't like. I think Overdue is one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

Can you confirm that, or is it just an assumption? I think it's a fair question, as many fans (not only Muse fans) feel the need to LOVE everything a band puts out in order to be a "poerper fan".

Can you confirm that, or is it just an assumption? I think it's a fair question, as many fans (not only Muse fans) feel the need to LOVE everything a band puts out in order to be a "poerper fan".

It was obvious when The Resistance came out. When we heard Uprising, I saw the sentiment from a few people that those who like it must only like it because Muse did it, not because they actually like the song.

I think that is a popular misconception tbh. From my pov, they are an excellent band and I haven't found anything in particular I really don't like.

This is nothing against you at all, but it's comments like this that just contradict everything that most people say.

People say Muse cross so many different genres. If they do so, why is it that so many of their fans love every single one of those genres? It's unbelievable. If you can tell me you like/love EVERY SINGLE Muse song, chances are, you're lying.

That's why I believe so many fans just say they like Song A and B so much, because they have it shoved in their head that they have to sacreligiously love everything.

This is nothing against you at all, but it's comments like this that just contradict everything that most people say.

People say Muse cross so many different genres. If they do so, why is it that so many of their fans love every single one of those genres? It's unbelievable. If you can tell me you like/love EVERY SINGLE Muse song, chances are, you're lying.

That's why I believe so many fans just say they like Song A and B so much, because they have it shoved in their head that they have to sacreligiously love everything.

I can see where you're coming from, but using genres in you're argument isn't the best way to argue it. My favourite 'genre' is Rock, but I still love songs that would be called Metal/Rap/Dance/Classical/Pop/etc. I'd go as far as to say one of the more appealing things about Muse right now is they aren't limiting themselves to being just a rock band.

I can see where you're coming from, but using genres in you're argument isn't the best way to argue it. My favourite 'genre' is Rock, but I still love songs that would be called Metal/Rap/Dance/Classical/Pop/etc. I'd go as far as to say one of the more appealing things about Muse right now is they aren't limiting themselves to being just a rock band.

Yeah, I'm the same, I have many different leniencies towards different genres, but even with that, I have NEVER liked everything Muse have ever done, and I struggle to believe that anyone else ever could either.

It's more the fact that every song is so much different to one another, that's why I pointed out the genre thing. Muse are one of the bands that have managed to keep everything so original so far, or at least, quite different, that's why I can't believe that everything they've done can be admired.

I hate a lot of Muse songs;

Overdue

Escape (well, I wouldn't say hate with this one, just...meh)

Sober

Coma

Peeling Food

etc.

and I hated USoE and UD when I first heard them, but they've grown on me now. No, I don't feel like I have to love everything they do. Every band has flaws.

A sucky Muse song > a great song by most other bands.

I completely disagree with this

It was obvious when The Resistance came out. When we heard Uprising, I saw the sentiment from a few people that those who like it must only like it because Muse did it, not because they actually like the song.

I've always liked Uprising. I still do. Its not their best but its a great little pop-rock song

Muse try and do a lot of everything so naturally there are things I don't like.

I hate a lot of Muse songs;

Overdue

Escape (well, I wouldn't say hate with this one, just...meh)

Sober

Coma

Peeling Food

etc.

and I hated USoE and UD when I first heard them, but they've grown on me now. No, I don't feel like I have to love everything they do. Every band has flaws.

Aww I like Sober. I wasn't a fan of USoE until I saw it live. Unidisclosed Desires has grown on me a lot since I first heard the clips.

Archived