Yeah, shame they're probably gonna cut the best parts of the gig, such as Butterflies and Hurricanes (because it was an excellent performance), MK Ultra (because of the mic fail) and possibly IBTY (because it's not as good as GL).

Not all the fans hate the song :rolleyes:

I agree too much

In the meantime, which SDF show?

Both shows are almost identical, the differences in the setlist are:

First Night-----------------------------------------Second Night

4.MK Ultra-----------------------------------------4.Map Of The Problematique

5.Neutron Star Collision----------------------5.Butterflies & Hurricanes

18.Unintended------------------------------------18.Soldier's Poem

And in the both nights the band and the audience were fantastic too!

I'm not sure if you're being ironic or just aren't very self-aware.

Lacking in self-awareness, how-so? because I somehow arrived at the decision that the song is bad because everybody says it is.

Not for me, I gave it plenty of chances and after a while I came to the conclusion that it really is one of their poorer works.

I guess there will be some people who enjoy it to a certain extent, with music taste being subjective and all that, but I can't imagine anybody listing it very high on their list of favorites.

The only time I can imagine anyone defending it as a masterwork would be just to go against the grain of the songs unpopularity.

Both shows are almost identical, the differences in the setlist are:

First Night-----------------------------------------Second Night

4.MK Ultra-----------------------------------------4.Map Of The Problematique

5.Neutron Star Collision----------------------5.Butterflies & Hurricanes

18.Unintended------------------------------------18.Soldier's Poem

And in the both nights the band and the audience were fantastic too!

Yes but there would be a continuity fuck up in editing more obvious than Matt's shoes and the broken guitar in HAARP because Chris took off his jacket after New Born on night 1, and not at all (I think) on night 2.

Though I suppose it can be worked around - just put out night 2 with MKU and NSC as extras.

I like this as an idea:

Disc 1 - Stade de France night 2 with MK Ultra and NSC as extras

Disc 2 - Making Of (Biased - I love a little making of feature :p)

Extras - Uprising, New Born and piano Cave from an arena show, Bliss and Citizen from Wembley, Streets from Glastonbury, Space Dementia, Micro Cuts and Megalomania from Reading (and maybe Back in Black and/or Dead Star as an Easter Egg?)

Hopefully... that doesn't mean to say I expect it. Although it would be kick-ass.

Yes but there would be a continuity fuck up in editing more obvious than Matt's shoes and the broken guitar in HAARP because Chris took off his jacket after New Born on night 1, and not at all (I think) on night 2.

Though I suppose it can be worked around - just put out night 2 with MKU and NSC as extras.

I like this as an idea:

Disc 1 - Stade de France night 2 with MK Ultra and NSC as extras

Disc 2 - Making Of (Biased - I love a little making of feature :p)

Extras - Uprising, New Born and piano Cave from an arena show, Bliss and Citizen from Wembley, Streets from Glastonbury, Space Dementia, Micro Cuts and Megalomania from Reading (and maybe Back in Black and/or Dead Star as an Easter Egg?)

Hopefully... that doesn't mean to say I expect it. Although it would be kick-ass.

Making of what? There is already a Making of The Resistance isn't there?

HAARP was really poor and lacking in everything. 10 minutes of backstage footage, cutting out all the best songs etc...

Trudat

Forced In, SFA, Bliss never to be seen :noey:

I wasn't too fussed about the lack of footage from that gig tbh, although it would've been nice to have had some general footage from throughout the BH&R tour

EDIT: Oh and Sunburn

It's true, Sing For Absolution... i love that song, shame didn't release that.

Anyway HAARP is spectacular, it catches from the first moment till the end.

But, yeah, you are right, maybe a uncut release from a entire night could be good, something like Live At Wembley, from Queen, it didn't miss nothing of the gig, even the breaks!

If seemingly it is going to be París (or Milan, or London...) an uncut release will be ace, with a disk 2 of extras.

Making of what? There is already a Making of The Resistance isn't there?

Making of the tour or backstage stuff from arena, stadium, festival, combo - either way. I'm already aware of the album one.

And yes HAARP coulda been better, even if what came out sounded alright. Needed extra Bliss and Sunburn.

When did he say that?

On his Twitter a while ago. I wasn't aware of it till I read it on here, although tbh I think he was just brainstorming/fantasising about ways of releasing it. Muse strike me as a band who are capable of thinking up all these alternate ways of releasing stuff and have the means to but never execute it

EDIT: also, why would they just do a download release anyway? Most live albums released are download and physical, so they'd just be eliminating part of their market

Archived