How would you rate The Resistance?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate The Resistance?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

Yep, that's is why this album sold much better than the last ones.

It sold more copies because Muse are simply more well known than they were before. Not because The Resistance is more attractive than the previous albums.

Uprising - 9/10

Undisclosed Desires - 6/10

United States of Eurasia - 9/10

Guiding Light - 4/10

Unnatural Selection - 6/10

MK Ultra - 10/10

IBTY - 7/10

Overture - 9/10 (about 4/10 for the live performance)

Cross Pollination - 9/10

Redemption 9/10

still can't decide whether this or showbiz is my least favourite album.

Uprising - 9/10

Undisclosed Desires - 6/10

United States of Eurasia - 9/10

Guiding Light - 4/10

Unnatural Selection - 6/10

MK Ultra - 10/10

IBTY - 7/10

Overture - 9/10 (about 4/10 for the live performance)

Cross Pollination - 9/10

Redemption 9/10

still can't decide whether this or showbiz is my least favourite album.

You forgot Resistance.

It took me a while to adjust to the resistance, but now I can listen to it and enjoy it :)

Uprising - 9/10 Cant help it, its just fun to listen to

Resistance - 8/10 Love the piano and stuff

Undisclosed Desires - 6.5/10 ehh

United States of Eurasia - 8/10 I just love pianos :D

Guiding Light - 7/10 Its just ok

Unnatural Selection - 7.5 the guitar is awesome

MK Ultra - 10/10 LOVE IT

I Belong to You - 8/10 Piano :LOL:

Exogenesis 1,2,3 - 10/10 To me its one song and its just so damn EPIC :p

• 1 month later...

Uprising - 8 / 10

Resistance - 6.5 / 10

Undisclosed Desires - 6 / 10

United States of Eurasia - 7 / 10

Guiding Light - 5 / 10

Unnatural Selection - 9 / 10

MK Ultra - 8 / 10

I Belong to You - 6.5 / 10

Overture - 9 / 10

Cross-Pollination - 8 / 10

Redemption - 8 / 10

Uprising 10/10 (i like the part when we clenched hands on ;) )

Resistance 8/10

Undisclosed Desire 6/10

United States of Eurasia 10/10 (best track for me)

Guilding Light 7/10

Unnatural Selection 10/10

MK Ultra 9/10

I Belong To You 6/10 (i think it is the worst track)

Exogenesis 10/10 (it is best too)

I don't really understand why is some people who loves our muse hates resistance. coz, i think it does not bad :supersad:

Uprising - 9/10 (pretty cool)

Resistance - 6/10 (the bridge, as stated before, is stupid, but the rest of the song is alright)

Undisclosed Desires - 7/10 (would've rated higher, but it's a little cheesy and I've heard it far too much)

United States - 7/10 (I dislike how they simply tacked on Nocturne 9 Op. 2 at the end, the actual song itself should've lasted much longer)

Guiding Light - 3/10 (not good)

Unnatural Selection - 8/10 (being a metalhead I dig this one some :))

MK Ultra - 9/10 (very nice)

I Belong To You - 6/10 (would've rated higher if it weren't for that French part)

Exogenesis - 9/10 (obviously a beast song, but Overture is a little uneventful)

Overall, not my favorite (I'd prefer OoS or Abso), but still a solid album.

This thread is stupid, and all the threads of ''Rate That Album''. C'mon boys, this is music, is art, this is very subjetive and personal, maybe you like more or don't like some song, but isn't a Math's test. ''XXX song has a 7.5/10 or 3.8/10 or 6/10... please, this is a complete nonsense.

This thread is stupid, and all the threads of ''Rate That Album''. C'mon boys, this is music, is art, this is very subjetive and personal, maybe you like more or don't like some song, but isn't a Math's test. ''XXX song has a 7.5/10 or 3.8/10 or 6/10... please, this is a complete nonsense.

Whether you think this thread is stupid or not is also subjective ;)

:LOL: Good point.

I think in this case, I have reason, but maybe someone must open a new thread with a poll ''is stupid rate the songs with numbers like a test?''

1-Yes

2-No

3-Who cares? I'm listening music

Vote Now! I Want Your Vote!:dance:

his/her point wasn't that the thread was stupid though. The post was that putting labels on songs is moot because everyone's experiences are an amalgam of factors, which is true.

• 7 years later...

I listened to TR in full for the first time in a while last night. Some thoughts 9 years on:

I never realised how piano-driven the album is. Definitely the most piano-heavy album Muse has made. I love it. It blends really well with the orchestral elements on USOE, Exo Pt II, etc.

The production is way better than T2L and Drones. And I'd say the tracks flow far better than on those two albums too. I'm surprised they produced this themselves when T2L was such a drop in quality.

The lyrics weren't too cringe yet, and I like that there is more or less a theme without trying to force every lyric to fit the concept, as on Drones.

Exo Part 1 isn't as dramatic and powerful as I remember it to be. Part 2 is now my favourite of the 3.

I enjoy listening to Guiding Light more than any song on Drones (fight me). It's a great love song, the synths are nice, Matt's vocals are great, and I love the transition from USOE into the drum intro. The bass is also really strong in the mix.

US was my favourite when I listened to the album for the first time as a 13 year old. While the guitar is definitely not as punchy as it could be, the breakdown and solo is still a highlight of the album.

Guitar in MK Ultra is nice and fuzzy, and the 2nd chorus is pure bliss.

I Belong to You has really fun piano, and the piano in the breakdown is really beautiful. I also love the effect on Matt's voice in that French section. It gives it an early 20th century feel for me (that doesn't really make sense, but I can imagine it on and old phonograph) . And that bass clarinet solo really tops off the song. It's one of their most fun, non-serious songs, while also being Matt's best love song.

I'll admit I am biased as this was my first Muse album and more generally the album that got me into more progressive rock music. But having not been much of a fanboy for the last 4 or so years this album still stands highly for me.

MK Ultra is still a favourite.

Unnatural Selection is a banger.

Undisclosed Desires in the studio is great.

USOE is a lot of fun.

Exogenesis is a decent bit of work.

Uprising you have to same has become their most emblematic song now.

The rest, bleggghhh. None of them are bad, they’re all very MOR.

TR is far more interesting than T2L imo. The songwriting is better, the album more coherent, and there are no absolute stinkers on it like Explorers and Big Freeze. I’m surprisingly cool with Guiding Light these days tbh.

That said, I still think Supremacy is a good song, Survival is fun, Madness is a genuinely nice and heartfelt poppy moment and Isolated System gives me chills.

It’s not even so much to do with song quality, it’s mostly just soooo tame. TR always felt like an awkward middle child album to me, as if the band weren’t totally sure where they wanted to go next yet so ended up meandering around with stuff they were comfortable with instead. It’s technically a better constructed album than T2L for sure but it’s way flatter and less entertaining.

Archived