Rate Black Holes and Revelations

Jimmyneutron

How would you rate Black Holes and Revelations?  

489 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Black Holes and Revelations?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

4 stars. And that's me being generous. Too many songs that bored me to death, but the few good songs are fucking great and keeps the album from getting a failing score.

Best Track: Hoodoo/Knights of Cydonia (tied)

Worst Track: Take a Bow, Map of the Problematique, City of Delusion

Favorite Moment: Then the synth kicks in on Knights and Matt's screaming "No one's going to take me alive!" with backup Matt singing in falsetto. You know shit's about to go down.

:stunned:

:p

TaB bores the hell out of me. Absolute mood killer. Every time they end a gig with it, I shed a tear. When i'm listening to the album, I always skip it.

MoP, pretty dull imo. Also bores me. Only good thing about it is that when they play it live, I can jump along for the two times the guitar gets loud, and the Maggie's Farm outro is sick (though they never play it anymore)

CoD is just CoD. I don't need to say what's going on with that. :phu:

TaB bores the hell out of me. Absolute mood killer. Every time they end a gig with it, I shed a tear. When i'm listening to the album, I always skip it.

MoP, pretty dull imo. Also bores me. Only good thing about it is that when they play it live, I can jump along for the two times the guitar gets loud, and the Maggie's Farm outro is sick (though they never play it anymore)

What the fuck.

TAB is easily one of, if not the best song on the album. If you're listening to it as a whole then it creates mood, it doesn't kill it. Also, if you skip it whenever you're listening to the album, that means you're starting the album with Starlight. Does that really seem like a better alternative to you? It has some great build-ups in it with a fantastic final climax.

MOTP is another great tune. Pretty bad production does make it less energetic than it could've been but still, it's a good song at the least.

COD might not be outstanding but it's certainly not one of the worst on the album. The chorus, the bass part after the first chorus, the trumpet solo, Matt's vocals - all great. I can't see what it does that would make people think it's one of the worst on the album.

TAB is easily one of, if not the best song on the album. If you're listening to it as a whole then it creates mood, it doesn't kill it. Also, if you skip it whenever you're listening to the album, that means you're starting the album with Starlight. Does that really seem like a better alternative to you? It has some great build-ups in it with a fantastic final climax.

MOTP is another great tune. Pretty bad production does make it less energetic than it could've been but still, it's a good song at the least.

COD might not be outstanding but it's certainly not one of the worst on the album. The chorus, the bass part after the first chorus, the trumpet solo, Matt's vocals - all great. I can't see what it does that would make people think it's one of the worst on the album.

Starlight might not be a good album opener, but it definitely is a better song. So yes its a better alternative. ;) If I want to hear about how omgcorrupt the government and yada yada, I'll listen to Rage Against the Machine. Muse shouldnt be making songs like that and Take a Bow is a prime example of why. Rage makes quality aggressive rebellion music. When Muse tries to do it, it almost always ends up cheesy, sappy, and dull. That's why The Resistance sucked and is why i predicted it would just from when they announced the album title. If "Unsustainable" is a good sign of whats to come from The 2nd Law, I'll cry tears of joy. If not, I truly hope Matt gets out of this conspiracy theory crap that's been tainting their music.

Starlight might not be a good album opener, but it definitely is a better song. So yes its a better alternative. ;) If I want to hear about how omgcorrupt the government and yada yada, I'll listen to Rage Against the Machine. Muse shouldnt be making songs like that and Take a Bow is a prime example of why. Rage makes quality aggressive rebellion music. When Muse tries to do it, it almost always ends up cheesy, sappy, and dull. That's why The Resistance sucked and is why i predicted it would just from when they announced the album title. If "Unsustainable" is a good sign of whats to come from The 2nd Law, I'll cry tears of joy. If not, I truly hope Matt gets out of this conspiracy theory crap that's been tainting their music.

I'm just going to pick out one of the many things wrong with what you said because of how particularly idiotic it is.

You like songs similar to Starlight, Invincible, etc. yet you call songs like Take A Bow "cheesy, sappy, dull". How does that make any sense...

tumblr_lhk530rT1z1qafrh6.jpg

Cheesy? Yes they are. Dull? No they are not. Those songs are cheesy, but fun cheesy. What's more cheesy and whiney than Matt moaning "corruuuuuuuuuupt" and other similar words for a whole song about the government? Almost as bad as him going "yoooouuuuurrreeeee myyyy guiiiiiidiiiiiiiiiing liiiiiiiiiighhhhttttt" for 4 minutes on Guiding Light.

Cheesy? Yes they are. Dull? No they are not. Those songs are cheesy, but fun cheesy. What's more cheesy and whiney than Matt moaning "corruuuuuuuuuupt" and other similar words for a whole song about the government? Almost as bad as him going "yoooouuuuurrreeeee myyyy guiiiiiidiiiiiiiiiing liiiiiiiiiighhhhttttt" for 4 minutes on Guiding Light.

Never go full retard.

:facepalm:

Btw, you still have to explain this

:facepalm:

Btw, you still have to explain this

I mean I guess City of Delusion isnt nearly as bad as take a bow and shouldnt be listed as the worst track, I still don't like it all that much. Probably should have just left tab and motp on the worst tracks list. Or even just have tab on it alone.

I mean I guess City of Delusion isnt nearly as bad as take a bow and shouldnt be listed as the worst track, I still don't like it all that much. Probably should have just left tab and motp on the worst tracks list. Or even just have tab on it alone.

This guy :stunned:

WHAT lS GOING ON IN HERE

Don't worry, we got this. We don't need some KnT calvary coming and getting another thread locked by a KnT moderator might I add. I didn't even know he had authority out here. It was like Gandalf the White visiting Rohan. Actually I have a .gif for this:

tfmdd.gif

Archived