Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

I used to watch cricket there and they didn't have shitty wooden benches then, they were plastic seats. You got a numb bum after sitting on them all day though :D Trying to decide if I am too old to go to this, I don't normally do stadium gigs anymore but saw Muse for the first time at Sheffield recently and really want to see them again! Last time I went to an international cricket match at Old Trafford the organisation was rubbish, really long queues for toilets/drinks etc. I've also heard they don't let you take in any drinks of your own to gigs and charge extortionate prices for everything inside the ground. Has anyone on here been to a gig there and would care to share your experiences?

i'm guessing they'll be like every other gig and not let you take your own drink. You have to buy one of their mega expensive ones, without a lid. Then when you go into the actual seats/standing bit, they take the bottle off you and give you a cup :LOL:

i'm guessing they'll be like every other gig and not let you take your own drink. You have to buy one of their mega expensive ones, without a lid. Then when you go into the actual seats/standing bit, they take the bottle off you and give you a cup :LOL:

In Liverpool they took the bottle top off me but i got to keep the bottle...ive decided that im gonna bring just one bottle top to the next gig i go to :LOL:

Im not sure what im going to do about seating or standing, ill have no problem with seeing over people standing up but it depends on the weather somewhat :erm:

I googled what the seats look like earlier, theyre just basic plastic seats as Tyke said :)

My laptop is being a dick atm so I suspect full Internet and system failure is imminent, and if it does happen, it will definitely happen at 9.01 on Wednesday morning. :erm:

But I've got my code written down so I'm ready to go banging on random houses in the street begging to use their Internet. :LOL:

In Liverpool they took the bottle top off me but i got to keep the bottle...ive decided that im gonna bring just one bottle top to the next gig i go to :LOL:

Im not sure what im going to do about seating or standing, ill have no problem with seeing over people standing up but it depends on the weather somewhat :erm:

I googled what the seats look like earlier, theyre just basic plastic seats as Tyke said :)

Too right you bloody won't! :p

And that bringing a bottle top with you is a genius idea :D

:D I really think we should do it then!! Cause i think it's fair to say we all want to get there early, and we can just hang about and chat - take a pack lunch and do a musers picnic :awesome: It would be a shame not to meet as most of us just missed at Liverpool!

OMG. Fuck Muse, I'm just going for the Musers Picnic :awesome:

Nah I'll arrive during the last support if I find out when Muse start, seating gives you the luxury of not having to freeze your arse off from 6am :p

Ah, but freezing yer bum off is all part of the fun. 6.30am in the pouring rain for Teignmouth :awesome:

RIGHT GUISE. If I get a ticket, I'll need somewhere supercheap to stay that is A) not a hostel and B) close to the venue. HALP?

:$ :$

Its not all good though, being so tall :p ... door frames provide an obstacle that smaller people dont face :facepalm::(

Oh bless you! :kiss: It's often useful though! you can see stuff without craning your neck and killing your feet by standing on your tip toes for ages! I think you should lend me some of your height in some way :p

Oh bless you! :kiss: It's often useful though! you can see stuff without craning your neck and killing your feet by standing on your tip toes for ages! I think you should lend me some of your height in some way :p

:LOL: I would, believe me!

How do you suggest? :p

Stupid genes :indiff:

the second one ;)

Ahhh ok

I guess Wembley 09 is a different gig with a different setlist to Wembley 07 though. Id love to go to Wembley despite having HAARP partly so i can say "ive seen Muse at Wembley". I guess with where you live, just go with whichever is easiest for accommodation etc assuming theres no other factors...

Um... :erm:

GIMME UR FEET.

:awesome:

:LOL: theyre quite big too :$ *coughsize13*

Itll be like u walking with flippers on or something haha

Im really not liking the way my bodyclock only decides to make me tired at 2am when i work 9-5 :erm: ... More so because i HAVE to be up and lively for before 9 on wednesday :erm::D

:LOL: theyre quite big too :$ *coughsize13*

Itll be like u walking with flippers on or something haha

Im really not liking the way my bodyclock only decides to make me tired at 2am when i work 9-5 :erm: ... More so because i HAVE to be up and lively for wednesday :D

My feet are size 4. HOLY CRAP! :eek:

It'd look so odd :LOL:

YES YOU DO! That is the most important thing this week! :LOL:

Why not go to bed earlier? ;) And slowly and gradually keep going to bed earlier? Or are you too hardcore? :p:\mm/::awesome:

My feet are size 4. HOLY CRAP! :eek:

It'd look so odd :LOL:

YES YOU DO! That is the most important thing this week! :LOL:

Why not go to bed earlier? ;) And slowly and gradually keep going to bed earlier? Or are you too hardcore? :p:\mm/::awesome:

Awwh :happy: ... I bet i was that size when i was like 8 or something :$

Im in bed now and have been since 12ish (im on here on my phone) but i just cant sleep :facepalm:

I need tips! ...whatd help me sleep? :D

Awwh :happy: ... I bet i was that size when i was like 8 or something :$

Im in bed now and have been since 12ish (im on here on my phone) but i just cant sleep :facepalm:

I need tips! ...whatd help me sleep? :D

But it's like a woman's 4, which is EVEN smaller! :chuckle:

Um..listen to slow Muse songs on a low volume (I have a playlist of slow Muse songs :happy:) also what really helps is listening to Scott Mills' podcasts :D I'm always falling asleep listening to them, but then I get weird dreams :LOL:

What'd also help is if you put your phone down! :LOL:

But it's like a woman's 4, which is EVEN smaller! :chuckle:

Um..listen to slow Muse songs on a low volume (I have a playlist of slow Muse songs :happy:) also what really helps is listening to Scott Mills' podcasts :D I'm always falling asleep listening to them, but then I get weird dreams :LOL:

*Picks up ipod and puts down phone*

Night :p:)

Haha - I once did this on a train but the playlist finished.

I was just dropping off and suddenly Stockholm Syndrome came on. I must have hit the roof on the train, because nearly the entire carriage looked at me! :$

Haha - I once did this on a train but the playlist finished.

I was just dropping off and suddenly Stockholm Syndrome came on. I must have hit the roof on the train, because nearly the entire carriage looked at me! :$

:LOL: im glad that didnt happen to me, my ipod wouldve met a wall if it did :LOL:

The music did help a bit tbh ... Thanks Jess :D

In other news;

Less than a day til presale :eek::D

I used to watch cricket there and they didn't have shitty wooden benches then, they were plastic seats. You got a numb bum after sitting on them all day though :D Trying to decide if I am too old to go to this, I don't normally do stadium gigs anymore but saw Muse for the first time at Sheffield recently and really want to see them again! Last time I went to an international cricket match at Old Trafford the organisation was rubbish, really long queues for toilets/drinks etc. I've also heard they don't let you take in any drinks of your own to gigs and charge extortionate prices for everything inside the ground. Has anyone on here been to a gig there and would care to share your experiences?

You're definitely not too old for this - we're in our mid fifties and saw Muse for the first time at Liverpool recently - I'll be on the computer tomorrow with everyone else, trying for tickets - sounds like Wembley might be better

Will be trying to get a ticket to this closer to the time via musebay :) lack of monies means I can only get one ticket tomorrow.. and Wembley will always beat it, especially as it's the latter date and they will want to improve on their performance of two years ago :D The aim is for both gigs though.

Archived