Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

After Lievin, I've become a master of queueing :LOL: Seriously, the French can be fucking scary when it comes to queueing. But yes, generally it's a good idea to tell them to either join you in the queue early on, or try and get as close to you inside as they can.

Because I hate Wembley, basically :LOL: It's very big and grand and impressive, but in terms of being a music stadium, I think it's actually fairly poor. But that is obviously just my opinion, and I'm only really basing it on my own experiences I had in 2007 - it may well have improved since then. Plus, I've never been to Manchester before, and it'll be nice to see somewhere new! Will probably still end up getting Wembley tickets in the end though :rolleyes:

Gave me a good laugh though :LOL:

:LOL: aye, i can image that! I'm such a gig baby, i've only been to 3 - Fratellis in Manc Academy, got right on the bar for that, despite getting there 30 minutes late :rolleyes: Muse at Liverpool, which you've already hear about, and then Paramore at the MEN. Paramore was just horrible. Great live i mean, but i spend then entire time trying to keep my stop - it was 4 hours of pure fighting, i really thought i was going to have to get pulled out, which i'm really against :LOL: Anyway, that's not important. Yeah, i'm hoping once i pull the whole "but i've arranged to meet people before hand, and mum won't be happy letting me go on my own cause i'm only baby, so you'll have to come along" they won't really argue :D I'm so mean sometime :LOL:

aah fair does! That's what put me off Wembly - it just seemed too big, and since i'm 'new' to it all, i didn't think it was the best idea... besides, it would be a bugger to get to, and "seeming them 3 times in one tour is a bit excessive" according to the parents :rolleyes: That's nice thinking about Manchester before, that you like to see new place, i'd never really though of that when going to gigs... :LOL: Yeah, give it a month.

:LOL: same. Apparently Google maps seems to think everyone's been promoted to god and can walk across the sea :rolleyes:

:LOL: aye, i can image that! I'm such a gig baby, i've only been to 3 - Fratellis in Manc Academy, got right on the bar for that, despite getting there 30 minutes late :rolleyes: Muse at Liverpool, which you've already hear about, and then Paramore at the MEN. Paramore was just horrible. Great live i mean, but i spend then entire time trying to keep my stop - it was 4 hours of pure fighting, i really thought i was going to have to get pulled out, which i'm really against :LOL: Anyway, that's not important. Yeah, i'm hoping once i pull the whole "but i've arranged to meet people before hand, and mum won't be happy letting me go on my own cause i'm only baby, so you'll have to come along" they won't really argue :D I'm so mean sometime :LOL:

aah fair does! That's what put me off Wembly - it just seemed too big, and since i'm 'new' to it all, i didn't think it was the best idea... besides, it would be a bugger to get to, and "seeming them 3 times in one tour is a bit excessive" according to the parents :rolleyes: That's nice thinking about Manchester before, that you like to see new place, i'd never really though of that when going to gigs... :LOL: Yeah, give it a month.

:LOL: same. Apparently Google maps seems to think everyone's been promoted to god and can walk across the sea :rolleyes:

Aww, I'm a gig baby too! I have also only been to 3 gigs! Franz Ferdinand at the Manchester Apollo, Moose at Echo Arena and Regina Spektor also at the M. Apollo :D

Weirdly, they're my 3 favourite artists and I saw them all within the space of about a month :LOL:

Oh noo! Shame about Paramore :( Why do people insist on fighting at gigs? Why spend all that money on a ticket, only to get drunk and miss the whole gig by fighting?!

Lol at that google maps thing! :chuckle:

I've been to Colchester before! :awesome: It was when I was younger, and we went to Colchester Zoo! :D It was ossum.

And out of curiosity, I checked on google maps to see how long it would take to walk from my home to Manchester, and this is what I got:

Fullscreencapture16012010233734bmp.jpg

Ummmmm :LOL:

:LOL:

How does it say to cross the sea? :wtf:

I did that once but from my home to somewhere in the US...."Kayak across the Atlantic Ocean" ... "yeah.... ok" :stunned::LOL:

Aww, I'm a gig baby too! I have also only been to 3 gigs! Franz Ferdinand at the Manchester Apollo, Moose at Echo Arena and Regina Spektor also at the M. Apollo :D

Weirdly, they're my 3 favourite artists and I saw them all within the space of about a month :LOL:

Oh noo! Shame about Paramore :( Why do people insist on fighting at gigs? Why spend all that money on a ticket, only to get drunk and miss the whole gig by fighting?!

awwh i'm glad it's not just me then :happy: You up for the meet beforehand? Same! With the gig thing i mean. It's weird, i only a new Paramore fan (only started listening to them around Sept) and they're already up there with 1000 plays on last fm :rolleyes: So i saw Must in Nov, then them in Dec, and i'm seeing Laura Marling in April :D Muse at Echo were just awesome - I really like Echo, prefer to it MEN by far.

I know, still, Hayley Williams acknowledged my existence (and i have the YouTube footage to prove it :p) to i can't really complain! :LOL: Nah it wasn't legit fighting, i just mean i was about 2 people from the front, so i was with all the 6ft tall guys who just stand on you, and then i was right in the center, so every 2 minutes someone would get hauled out over my head :( I swear, people just throw them forward and expect you to catch them! One was wearing a studded belt too - that was painful.... so yeah, it was just horrible - too many people for too long. We were stood there (I say stand, half the time my feet were actually on the floor, i was more wedging in by the people around me) for 3 hours before Paramore actually came on too :rolleyes: And yes, the drinking really annoys me! I found that at Muse, half the guys on the front were totally wasted, it didn't make sense - they're not going to remember any of it, yet they're shoving the people who will 5 places behind them! :mad:

Sorry, i'll stop moaning now :$ (man that was long... mon apologies!)

We're not all Matt Bellamy! :rolleyes::chuckle:

*claps hands* Win <3 :LOL:

awwh i'm glad it's not just me then :happy: You up for the meet beforehand? Same! With the gig thing i mean. It's weird, i only a new Paramore fan (only started listening to them around Sept) and they're already up there with 1000 plays on last fm :rolleyes: So i saw Must in Nov, then them in Dec, and i'm seeing Laura Marling in April :D Muse at Echo were just awesome - I really like Echo, prefer to it MEN by far.

I know, still, Hayley Williams acknowledged my existence (and i have the YouTube footage to prove it :p) to i can't really complain! :LOL: Nah it wasn't legit fighting, i just mean i was about 2 people from the front, so i was with all the 6ft tall guys who just stand on you, and then i was right in the center, so every 2 minutes someone would get hauled out over my head :( I swear, people just throw them forward and expect you to catch them! One was wearing a studded belt too - that was painful.... so yeah, it was just horrible - too many people for too long. We were stood there (I say stand, half the time my feet were actually on the floor, i was more wedging in by the people around me) for 3 hours before Paramore actually came on too :rolleyes: And yes, the drinking really annoys me! I found that at Muse, half the guys on the front were totally wasted, it didn't make sense - they're not going to remember any of it, yet they're shoving the people who will 5 places behind them! :mad:

Sorry, i'll stop moaning now :$ (man that was long... mon apologies!)

*claps hands* Win <3 :LOL:

Lmao, no worries!! Ugh, sounds like hell! We'll all have to meet up in the queue or beforehand and make sure we get to the front! I missed out on the barrier at Echo and as a consequence died a lot of times. At least on the barrier, you get ventilation and less people jumping, but when you're a few rows from the front, you DIE. MUCHO. Especially if you're only a little over 5ft :rolleyes: I couldn't see A THING. inorite! How annoying is it, having huuugee blokes throwing themselves around, and then landing on you?! :mad: My head was elbowed so many times, must have lost a lot of brain cells that night! :chuckle:

She acknowledged you? :awesome:

Hehe! You know it's true ;)

Lmao, no worries!! Ugh, sounds like hell! We'll all have to meet up in the queue or beforehand and make sure we get to the front! I missed out on the barrier at Echo and as a consequence died a lot of times. At least on the barrier, you get ventilation and less people jumping, but when you're a few rows from the front, you DIE. MUCHO. Especially if you're only a little over 5ft :rolleyes: I couldn't see A THING. inorite! How annoying is it, having huuugee blokes throwing themselves around, and then landing on you?! :mad: My head was elbowed so many times, must have lost a lot of brain cells that night! :chuckle:

She acknowledged you? :awesome:

Hehe! You know it's true ;)

Aye, it was! Pretty much sounds like your experience at Muse, which is a shame :(

Yay :happy: I just really want to meet some people off the boards, i know that sounds all peedoish and what not, but i was really annoyed after liverpool, i think it would be nice to actually organize something this time, since it's pretty much the same people anyway! And yes, i loved being on the bar :D I couldn't jump up and down much, but it's better than not being able to see, and the bouncer-people looked out for me too :happy: Yes to the 5ft thing! Well, i'm 5ft4, but still, you only need a 5ft6 person and you're screwed :(

Indeed she did :awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LQkgCmhhNM

2:48 - that was directed at me :D:LOL: It honestly looks like it could have been at anyone, but i swear it was at me - i was pointing at her first :happy:

:facepalm:

aye, i can image that! I'm such a gig baby, i've only been to 3 - Fratellis in Manc Academy, got right on the bar for that, despite getting there 30 minutes late. Muse at Liverpool, which you've already hear about, and then Paramore at the MEN. Paramore was just horrible. Great live i mean, but i spend then entire time trying to keep my stop - it was 4 hours of pure fighting, i really thought i was going to have to get pulled out, which i'm really against. Anyway, that's not important. Yeah, i'm hoping once i pull the whole "but i've arranged to meet people before hand, and mum won't be happy letting me go on my own cause i'm only baby, so you'll have to come along" they won't really argue. I'm so mean sometime :LOL:

aah fair does! That's what put me off Wembly - it just seemed too big, and since i'm 'new' to it all, i didn't think it was the best idea... besides, it would be a bugger to get to, and "seeming them 3 times in one tour is a bit excessive" according to the parents. That's nice thinking about Manchester before, that you like to see new place, i'd never really though of that when going to gigs... Yeah, give it a month.

Thing is, once you've queued for Muse then that's all the queueing experience you will ever need. I've been to gigs & festivals all over the country (and some in different countries too) and I've never had to queue as early as I have for Muse! Good argument though, I think it'll work!!!

Wembley truely is an arse to get to, and from. 90,000 capacity and only one main tube stop. Well done London, very clever of you. What made the Sunday worse was that it was not only Sunday service, but they also closed one of the tube lines. :facepalm: Yeahh, I like going to new places - Birmingham for Franz, Leicester for Kasabian, Liverpool/Sheffield/Lievin/Australia for Muse :LOL::$

*gigglesnorts*

Lol at that google maps thing! :chuckle:

I've been to Colchester before! It was when I was younger, and we went to Colchester Zoo! It was ossum.

I officially love you even more!! Colchester Zoo rocks. My friend got spat on by a llama there. Happy days. :happy:

:LOL:

How does it say to cross the sea?

I did that once but from my home to somewhere in the US...."Kayak across the Atlantic Ocean" ... "yeah.... ok" :stunned::LOL:

Swim!

Kayak?! Yeaaaah, I don't think so :LOL:

Nah it wasn't legit fighting, i just mean i was about 2 people from the front, so i was with all the 6ft tall guys who just stand on you, and then i was right in the center, so every 2 minutes someone would get hauled out over my head. I swear, people just throw them forward and expect you to catch them! One was wearing a studded belt too - that was painful.... so yeah, it was just horrible - too many people for too long. We were stood there (I say stand, half the time my feet were actually on the floor, i was more wedging in by the people around me) for 3 hours before Paramore actually came on too :rolleyes: And yes, the drinking really annoys me! I found that at Muse, half the guys on the front were totally wasted, it didn't make sense - they're not going to remember any of it, yet they're shoving the people who will 5 places behind them!

Lmao, no worries!! Ugh, sounds like hell! We'll all have to meet up in the queue or beforehand and make sure we get to the front! I missed out on the barrier at Echo and as a consequence died a lot of times. At least on the barrier, you get ventilation and less people jumping, but when you're a few rows from the front, you DIE. MUCHO. Especially if you're only a little over 5ft. I couldn't see A THING. inorite! How annoying is it, having huuugee blokes throwing themselves around, and then landing on you?! :mad: My head was elbowed so many times, must have lost a lot of brain cells that night!

That's my pet freaking hate - people who act like utter knob jockeys at gigs. By all means, enjoy yourself, let loose, have a dance, etc. But ffs, why are people apparently so incapable of looking out for others?! I hate when people are so drunk at gigs that they have no idea what they're doing. A couple of drinks is fine, but drunk = big fucking no no. Obviously, you will get knocked at some point, but I swear some people do it just for a laugh. Seriously, if I see anyone doing that to either of you at this gig, then I'll punch them in the kidneys :mad:

Thing is, once you've queued for Muse then that's all the queueing experience you will ever need. I've been to gigs & festivals all over the country (and some in different countries too) and I've never had to queue as early as I have for Muse! Good argument though, I think it'll work!!!

Wembley truely is an arse to get to, and from. 90,000 capacity and only one main tube stop. Well done London, very clever of you. What made the Sunday worse was that it was not only Sunday service, but they also closed one of the tube lines. :facepalm: Yeahh, I like going to new places - Birmingham for Franz, Leicester for Kasabian, Liverpool/Sheffield/Lievin/Australia for Muse :LOL::$

*gigglesnorts*

I officially love you even more!! Colchester Zoo rocks. My friend got spat on by a llama there. Happy days. :happy:

Swim!

Kayak?! Yeaaaah, I don't think so :LOL:

That's my pet freaking hate - people who act like utter knob jockeys at gigs. By all means, enjoy yourself, let loose, have a dance, etc. But ffs, why are people apparently so incapable of looking out for others?! I hate when people are so drunk at gigs that they have no idea what they're doing. A couple of drinks is fine, but drunk = big fucking no no. Obviously, you will get knocked at some point, but I swear some people do it just for a laugh. Seriously, if I see anyone doing that to either of you at this gig, then I'll punch them in the kidneys :mad:

Eek, I'm worried about the whole Wembley/Tube thing! I won't even be staying in a hotel near me, I'm staying with my mum (yeah, my parents live in Basildon..I was born in Basildon :awesome: that's why I've been to Colchester Zoo :p) so I'll have to get numerous trains to Wembley with a friend, neither of us have ever been to Wembers before. Woop! :rolleyes:

N'aww, I luffle you tooo! :happy:

I lol'd at the llama :LOL: Nice to see you're so sympathetic :chuckle:

:LOL: Why the hell would they put kayak in for any journey anyway, never mind for a trip across the bloody Atlantic! How did Google tell you to get to Holland?!

I would say oh well, their loss, but we're kinda losing out too... :(

Yeah, I'm short so I'll go for the kidneys :p Chest may be possible, face would just be too difficult.

Eek, I'm worried about the whole Wembley/Tube thing! I won't even be staying in a hotel near me, I'm staying with my mum (yeah, my parents live in Basildon..I was born in Basildon :awesome: that's why I've been to Colchester Zoo :p) so I'll have to get numerous trains to Wembley with a friend, neither of us have ever been to Wembers before. Woop! :rolleyes:

N'aww, I luffle you tooo! :happy:

I lol'd at the llama :LOL: Nice to see you're so sympathetic :chuckle:

:LOL: Why the hell would they put kayak in for any journey anyway, never mind for a trip across the bloody Atlantic! How did Google tell you to get to Holland?!

I would say oh well, their loss, but we're kinda losing out too... :(

Yeah, I'm short so I'll go for the kidneys :p Chest may be possible, face would just be too difficult.

Ahh, well, I think that journey is actually relatively simple, so I daresay it shouldn't be too bad. As far as I know, they've improved travel from Wembley - they have another station now (which uses a different tube line) so there's 3 tube lines to choose from, as well as the London Overground. If the worst comes to the worst, I can always sneak you into my hotel :chuckle:

Well, I thought it was hilarious. . .I don't think she shared my views though. Don't try and tell me you wouldn't laugh!

Yep, and that's my main beef. . .if they want to mess their own experience, then fine, but they're messing up everyone elses days when they act like that.

Team Kidney Punch! *high five*

Ahh, well, I think that journey is actually relatively simple, so I daresay it shouldn't be too bad. As far as I know, they've improved travel from Wembley - they have another station now (which uses a different tube line) so there's 3 tube lines to choose from, as well as the London Overground. If the worst comes to the worst, I can always sneak you into my hotel :chuckle:

Well, I thought it was hilarious. . .I don't think she shared my views though. Don't try and tell me you wouldn't laugh!

Yep, and that's my main beef. . .if they want to mess their own experience, then fine, but they're messing up everyone elses days when they act like that.

Team Kidney Punch! *high five*

Oooh ok that's good :) I'm ok with the Tube and stuff, it's just the combination of Stadium I've Never Been To Before + Different City + Oh yeah, and Muse. :p ...I thought you weren't going to Wembley! :eek:

I'd laugh. Quite a lot :$ I would probably do my first ever real life rofl if truth be told.

:LOL: Screw Team Edward/Jacob/Other Twatlight nonsense, we're TEAM KIDNEY PUNCH! :fear:

The Holland thing makes sense if you're using ferries :LOL:

And the Paramore pit looked like seriously hard work

Still a bit random though :LOL:

Paramore pits just look nasty to me. I mean, I've been in seriously rough pits where everyone has still managed to look out for everyone else, but Paramore pits just seem like they're full of hyped up idiots. No offence to Paramore fans, btw :LOL:

Oooh ok that's good :) I'm ok with the Tube and stuff, it's just the combination of Stadium I've Never Been To Before + Different City + Oh yeah, and Muse. :p ...I thought you weren't going to Wembley! :eek:

I'd laugh. Quite a lot :$I would probably do my first ever real life rofl if truth be told.

:LOL: Screw Team Edward/Jacob/Other Twatlight nonsense, we're TEAM KIDNEY PUNCH! :fear:

Yeah, I can totally understand that! But I'm sure you will be absolutely fine - I'd put money on your train back to Basildon being packed with Muse fans, so you should have no problems! Well, I wasn't, considering I had such a bad time last time but l was very ill prepared last time. Half of the problem was standing where I was, it was a rubbish spot :LOL:

:LOL:!!! <3

:awesome:

Paramore pits just look nasty to me. I mean, I've been in seriously rough pits where everyone has still managed to look out for everyone else, but Paramore pits just seem like they're full of hyped up idiots. No offence to Paramore fans, btw :LOL:

Yeah, I can totally understand that! But I'm sure you will be absolutely fine - I'd put money on your train back to Basildon being packed with Muse fans, so you should have no problems! Well, I wasn't, considering I had such a bad time last time but l was very ill prepared last time. Half of the problem was standing where I was, it was a rubbish spot :LOL:

:LOL:!!! <3

I had no idea Paramore pits would be so bad!

Are there many Muse fans in Basildon, d'you reckon? I never thought of it as a place with loads of Musers tbh :LOL:

At the Echo arena, I was in a terrible spot too, couldn't see A THING! But there were some guys who looked out for me :happy:

We'll team up next time and just charge!! :fear:

Are there many Muse fans in Basildon, d'you reckon? I never thought of it as a place with loads of Musers tbh :LOL:

At the Echo arena, I was in a terrible spot too, couldn't see A THING! But there were some guys who looked out for me :happy:

We'll team up next time and just charge!! :fear:

It's always the younger, pop-rock crowds you need to look out for.

Well, you never know :LOL: There were silly amounts of people going back to Colchester, which really surprised me. After Blur last summer, we had enough fans going back to Colchester to start a singalong all the way down the carriage :LOL:

Aw, I'm glad you had someone to look after you! If only I'd had signal on my phone, I would have tried calling you to see where you were.

Elbows out!

It's always the younger, pop-rock crowds you need to look out for.

It was noted in the Paramore thread on t'other bands board... didn't help that You Me At Six were encouraging circle pits, but even before then there were mad waves going backwards and forwards through the floor between support bands.

*gigglesnorts*

Yeah, i think i must just have been very lucky with Liverpool, cause i only queued for about an hour... still, i don't mind queuing for bands i really like - it's all part of the gig if you ask me. :LOL: It's not working so far. I told my brother this and he just said "You're forgetting how many gig i've been to before - i can get there 30 minutes late and still push my way to the front." :rolleyes: (Yeah, he's one of those horrible 6ft people who just stands on you.)

oof yeah, i didn't think about transport... and i'm really liking this idea! I think it's something i'm going to have to try out when i'm older...

Exactly what you said :yesey: It really pisses me off, i mean it really is a question of where is the need? Being drunk won't make you like it anymore, and you'll just make it worse for other people... awwh that's so sweet of you :happy: Between the 3 of us we can get the vital organs - kidney, heart and brain :awesome: I have to admit, i did have a good claw at people at muse - this one woman decide to just wrench her hand on the bar right under ribs, and she had one of those stupid dock-off watches on, so everytime i moved with the crowd she gouged part of my body out...

:

This :yesey: For every nice person (which there were a few) there were at least 3 idiots who just threw themselves about. I don't even know why they were like that, but they were... you also had tons of squeaky little girls, the ones who can't hack it in the pit and expect everyone to just make way for them get there position at the front. It was these that were the pain problem - literally every minute a girl would get hauled out, then there would be a massive crush to take their place. Also, the fact that we had to go through 3 support acts before they came on was just painful :( And none taken - i'm not even a real fan, it's more a guilty pleasure type thing.

It was noted in the Paramore thread on t'other bands board... didn't help that You Me At Six were encouraging circle pits, but even before then there were mad waves going backwards and forwards through the floor between support bands.

THIS! I really hated them - they were acting like it was their bloody gig! I was just stupid, the whole time i wanted to scheme "Fuck off, i didn't spend £20 to see you scene bastards get every girl in the pit impregnated then, just for them to have the life kicked out of them for your amusement." That and "It's not even your concert - your ONLY and support band. Get over yourself!"

Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of them :rolleyes:

And those waves were horrible - i fell on the floor during the very first one, and instead of helping me up people literally walked all over me to take my place :facepalm:

Yeah, i think i must just have been very lucky with Liverpool, cause i only queued for about an hour... still, i don't mind queuing for bands i really like - it's all part of the gig if you ask me. :LOL: It's not working so far. I told my brother this and he just said "You're forgetting how many gig i've been to before - i can get there 30 minutes late and still push my way to the front." :rolleyes: (Yeah, he's one of those horrible 6ft people who just stands on you.)

oof yeah, i didn't think about transport... and i'm really liking this idea! I think it's something i'm going to have to try out when i'm older...

Exactly what you said :yesey: It really pisses me off, i mean it really is a question of where is the need? Being drunk won't make you like it anymore, and you'll just make it worse for other people... awwh that's so sweet of you :happy: Between the 3 of us we can get the vital organs - kidney, heart and brain :awesome: I have to admit, i did have a good claw at people at muse - this one woman decide to just wrench her hand on the bar right under ribs, and she had one of those stupid dock-off watches on, so everytime i moved with the crowd she gouged part of my body out...

Like I said before, I think Liverpool was purely down to luck - the weather, the wind and the fact that the venue was right on the water was the only reason the queue worked out as well as it did. Tell him he won't want to try that with Muse fans. . .as much as I love my fellow Musers, some of them can be frigging scary if you try to nick their spot!

Definitely try it out if you get the opportunity. Australia was the most amazing experience of my life. I cried when I had to leave :$

No problem. . .I always look out for people around me, it's common courtesty! Ha, yeah, nobody better mess with us. GAH GAH GAH, that kind of thing is so irritating. Obviously, yeah, some people have to grab on else they'll go flying, but when they're purposely jabbing into you, or have random bit of jewellery/clothing/bags that'll keep stabbing you, then it's just rage inducing.

This :yesey: For every nice person (which there were a few) there were at least 3 idiots who just threw themselves about. I don't even know why they were like that, but they were... you also had tons of squeaky little girls, the ones who can't hack it in the pit and expect everyone to just make way for them get there position at the front. It was these that were the pain problem - literally every minute a girl would get hauled out, then there would be a massive crush to take their place. Also, the fact that we had to go through 3 support acts before they came on was just painful :( And none taken - i'm not even a real fan, it's more a guilty pleasure type thing.

I do feel sorry for those kind of people, but at the same time, they really should look out for themselves more. If you're going to go into the pit, do your research and find out how rough it might get beforehand. If you're not sure, don't do it, it's that simple.

:chuckle:

And those waves were horrible - i fell on the floor during the very first one, and instead of helping me up people literally walked all over me to take my place :facepalm:

I have to say, that's the one thing I've never experienced, and I'm damn glad I haven't :stunned: People can be right shitbags sometimes.

:O... On a brighter note only 229 Days left :happy:

Like I said before, I think Liverpool was purely down to luck - the weather, the wind and the fact that the venue was right on the water was the only reason the queue worked out as well as it did. Tell him he won't want to try that with Muse fans. . .as much as I love my fellow Musers, some of them can be frigging scary if you try to nick their spot!

Definitely try it out if you get the opportunity. Australia was the most amazing experience of my life. I cried when I had to leave :$

No problem. . .I always look out for people around me, it's common courtesty! Ha, yeah, nobody better mess with us. GAH GAH GAH, that kind of thing is so irritating. Obviously, yeah, some people have to grab on else they'll go flying, but when they're purposely jabbing into you, or have random bit of jewellery/clothing/bags that'll keep stabbing you, then it's just rage inducing.

I do feel sorry for those kind of people, but at the same time, they really should look out for themselves more. If you're going to go into the pit, do your research and find out how rough it might get beforehand. If you're not sure, don't do it, it's that simple.

:chuckle:

I have to say, that's the one thing I've never experienced, and I'm damn glad I haven't :stunned: People can be right shitbags sometimes.

:LOL: oh the rain - i forgot about that! I wisely wore a hooddie, but my friend who i was with tried to be all macho and just go in a t-shirt - poor guy nearly froze to death! Aye, i'll try and get them to come from the start, but if worse comes to worse i might get them to come along a little later - it's a saturday anyway, it's not like they'll be missing anything :rolleyes:

I like people like that :happy: I remember at my very first gig, i got on the bar and during one of the crushes this guy latched on to me, putting his arms around my waist and holding onto the bar, at first i was like :erm: GTFO! But then i realised everytime a crush came he pushed back so i didn't get squished :happy: Lovely guy. The same happened at Muse actually, except this guy wasn't even trying to help, he was just using me to get the front :rolleyes: He was really quite annoying, cause when i was on the bar i felt this person on my back, and i thought it was the guy i came with, so i hauled him onto the bar next to me to find it was mr. groper, not my mate :( Still, it was hist first Muse gig, so i guess it was a good deed in a way...

oh aye, i grab onto people quite often otherwise i'd end up like Mufasa in the stampede! But this woman just wanted her hand on the bar, which is understandable, but not when it's gouging my ribs out. Eurgh the other one that gets me is bags! This woman had a stupid ass camera bag with her, and naturally it kept falling of her shoulder, which then meant she pushed and shoved trying to get it back on her shoulder, and when your that tightly packed, that just isn't on! Man i sound like such a granny :LOL:

Aye, that's what i think. I saw that a Muse - i think i've said this before - the two girls who were about 12? The queued all that time just to get hauled out straight away. I find it silly, partly because don't go if you can't hack it, but mainly because you've spend £45 to come here, you at least want to enjoy yourself when you're there, so go seated if you know you can't handle it! It says no under 14's for a reason...

:LOL: Shitbags indeed. And when you get that one nice person that tries to help, they just get hauled down too - i always feel really bad after that!

:LOL: oh the rain - i forgot about that! I wisely wore a hooddie, but my friend who i was with tried to be all macho and just go in a t-shirt - poor guy nearly froze to death! Aye, i'll try and get them to come from the start, but if worse comes to worse i might get them to come along a little later - it's a saturday anyway, it's not like they'll be missing anything :rolleyes:

I like people like that :happy: I remember at my very first gig, i got on the bar and during one of the crushes this guy latched on to me, putting his arms around my waist and holding onto the bar, at first i was like :erm: GTFO! But then i realised everytime a crush came he pushed back so i didn't get squished :happy: Lovely guy. The same happened at Muse actually, except this guy wasn't even trying to help, he was just using me to get the front :rolleyes: He was really quite annoying, cause when i was on the bar i felt this person on my back, and i thought it was the guy i came with, so i hauled him onto the bar next to me to find it was mr. groper, not my mate :( Still, it was hist first Muse gig, so i guess it was a good deed in a way...

oh aye, i grab onto people quite often otherwise i'd end up like Mufasa in the stampede! But this woman just wanted her hand on the bar, which is understandable, but not when it's gouging my ribs out. Eurgh the other one that gets me is bags! This woman had a stupid ass camera bag with her, and naturally it kept falling of her shoulder, which then meant she pushed and shoved trying to get it back on her shoulder, and when your that tightly packed, that just isn't on! Man i sound like such a granny :LOL:

Aye, that's what i think. I saw that a Muse - i think i've said this before - the two girls who were about 12? The queued all that time just to get hauled out straight away. I find it silly, partly because don't go if you can't hack it, but mainly because you've spend £45 to come here, you at least want to enjoy yourself when you're there, so go seated if you know you can't handle it! It says no under 14's for a reason...

:LOL: Shitbags indeed. And when you get that one nice person that tries to help, they just get hauled down too - i always feel really bad after that!

Blimey, I was freezing my bum off & I was wearing 2 hoodies. . .your poor mate!!!

Aw, bless him – people like that are awesome, it’s nice to know that some people really will look out for each other :happy: Some people really can be divs though, like you said. Some girl did something like that on the Friday at Teignmouth too – she was behind my friend and I (we were on the rail on the left side of the stage) and kept elbowing my friend in the ribs in order to try and get her hand on the rail. The annoying thing was, she did get on the rail, by pushing her way on there when someone collapsed and had to be lifted out. Way to take advantage of someone when they’re obviously having problems :indiff:

Nah, you don’t, I totally get where you’re coming from! Shoulder bags are such a no-no if you’re standing – so much better to get one of those bags where the strap goes across your whole body, cause it won’t fall off!

Echhhh, yes. A lot of the time, it’s also people who are just so ill prepared. If you’re going to spend all day queuing to be near the front of what you know is going to be a rough pit, then take care of yourself. I’m willing to bet that a lot of people who get lifted out are simply people who haven’t eaten or drunk anything all day. Bad idea.

Archived