Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

I don't think I ever posted in here. o_o but just thought I'd say it was flipping amazing. <3 I was queueing at gate 5 for about 2 1/2 hours and ended up about 4 people from the barrier on Matt's side for the support acts, but by the time Muse came on I was 2 from the barrier. :') Like, 5M AWAY FROM MATT. I almost died. Seriously; if anyone heard a kind of frantic squeaking of OH MY GOD! that was me. Or heard a random girl yell I LOVE YOU! at every opportunity. ;D I was wearing yellow skinnies so yaa, I didn't exactly blend in. :p

Most amazing thing ever. Seriously. Even though I lost everyone I came with during Hysteria. xD

But yeah. ♥ :)

I've got a few of my videos on youtube if anyone wants to watch; http://www.youtube.com/user/alliana0x . Not very good quality and the filming's pretty rubbish cos I was right in the middle of the mosh for the whole gig, but it kinda shows the atmosphere and stuff. :')

i uploaded a few really good pictures on my messagebaord profile, if someone would like to see them :) i was really close to the stage and also my friend had an awesome camera so we got awesome results like those ones:

picture.php?albumid=2550&pictureid=27709

"...is that a UFO?"

He looks like a startled bird. :LOL:

But great photo. I hearts me some Tom

Smith.

I realise this is a fortnight too late but I'm a noob on this messageboard so forgive me. I've only just come across it.

Anyway this was the fourth time I've seen Muse and this was the best of the lot. Even better than the Leeds Festival a few years ago. I was there with my best mate and it was his first Muse gig and needless to sat he was blown away. In a sense that was the thing that gave me most pleasure. Seeing how much he enjoyed it was worth the ticket price alone.

Onto my views of the day itself. The support bands did their job. PABH were musically good, but I didn't care for the screechy singing. BOH having their album, I was unsure on how they'd be but they impressed me and Ithought they were really good. I had already seen Editors live this year so knew they'd be good, though I found Raw Meat to be a bit unsuitable for an arena. It works much better in an intimate environment. That aside I thought they were excellent, and did their job in getting the crowd warmed up for the main event.

And what a main event. The band were excellent and had an excellent set. I can't pick a highlight, but for me the song that will always remind me of this day was Guiding Light. I wasn't a big fan but the performance converted me. Other highlights included CE, TAB (the image of Matt in his LED suit above the crowd will delight me forever) and USofE to name but a few. Also, to adress the problems some people had with the setlist. These seemed to include too much of the new album. My response is that these songs are the most befitting Muse songs for the venue. They're designed to be played at gigs like this. The playing of FG was also there to suit the audience. Its a short familiar song that always seems to get a positive reaction. The set was made to cater for fans of all persuasions and the later songs fit the venue better. That being said, a full playthrough of the Exogenesis Symphony would have been perfect but you cant have everything. That minor gripe aside, a fucking perfect day and I'm glad I spent it with you.

Hopefully, after finding this forum I will post more often.

Also, I really want a Matt Bellamy light-up suit.

I had already seen Editors live this year so knew they'd be good, though I found Raw Meat to be a bit unsuitable for an arena. It works much better in an intimate environment.

Don't say that! I didn't really know the Editors before I saw them supporting Muse (I am from Germany, I sadly missed them at Rock am Ring) but I absolutely LOVED their performance and Raw Meat was THE song that convinced me of the band! It made me search for more songs after I came back from England and now I am sure that i'll totally buy the CD that has Raw Meat on it, I love that song :D:happy:

The answer to your question is at comment 260 in this thread. I remember seeing something about it a while back when Muse were rehearsing at the Milton Keynes stadium.

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=74254&page=18

thanks. i remember reading that about that particular protestor at the time.

so i guess we take it that all the protestors had connections and weren't random fans then? it wasn't advertised generally like the swiss and paris gigs were?

Don't say that! I didn't really know the Editors before I saw them supporting Muse (I am from Germany, I sadly missed them at Rock am Ring) but I absolutely LOVED their performance and Raw Meat was THE song that convinced me of the band! It made me search for more songs after I came back from England and now I am sure that i'll totally buy the CD that has Raw Meat on it, I love that song :D:happy:

Don't get me wrong I really love the song. I really do, but for me it works better in an indoor setting. That's all it is. They performed it excellently, but certain songs are suitable for outdoor arenas, and others not so much.

Don't get me wrong I really love the song. I really do, but for me it works better in an indoor setting. That's all it is. They performed it excellently, but certain songs are suitable for outdoor arenas, and others not so much.

I thought that.

None of the warm up acts really got me, or anyone any where near me, going.

The mixtape between Muse and Editors did a better job than the actual warm up acts. I do love Editors, but they're aren't a band that I'd recommend to go see live after that.

Aw, this thread is so dead now! Thought I'd let you know that the Manchester LCCC poster is in the Muse shop now!!!! So are some of the t shirts that were on sale at the venue but not in the shop (till now).

Thanks for the info, I'm off to place an order right this second :D

1 month on and I still cannot stop thinking about how amazing this gig was.

No concert I have ever seen has left such an impression on me.

Like my memories this thread must never fade away.

same here :)

cant remember much though :(

by the way

one month on and still no bootleg! :supersad:

same here :)

cant remember much though :(

by the way

one month on and still no bootleg! :supersad:

Aw, I remember loads. I remember the camera man with the long hair trying to get cellophane on the camera when it started spitting a bit and failing! :LOL:

I remember seeing Matt's guitars up close and them looking very awesome. I'll always remember the outfits the guys had on. Ace!

People in the crowd shouting Dave a lot before Muse came on.

The spaceship, the streamers, the light-up suit...the awesome setlist. It was an amazing night and there's always Youtube for a reminder. Pip's video's were ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlnkuTSUBjM

:awesome:

Hey all, it's not exactely a bootleg as the recordings used don't follow on as such, but it's the entire setlist of songs played on the night which i made for myself, but seeing as theres no actual bootleg i thought it might be what some others are looking for too :)

It has pretty much all the intro's/outro's that were played aswell, and also as much of the talking as i could find (including the Citizenerased.com joke :LOL:)

Hope this uploads okay (May take a few posts are MP3 upload limit is pretty small)

YouTube - Muse - Uprising - Live at Manchester - 4th September 2010.mp3

Archived