Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

You and Emma look so cute in that mother/daughter pic!:happy:

Nonsense:p You can still have a great time with friends on the barrier.

I didn't that time. Maybe it was specific to that gig. I suppose at least at the front you can see the band. (They really need screens that are actually facing the audience, not the guitar tech!)

I didn't that time. Maybe it was specific to that gig. I suppose at least at the front you can see the band. (They really need screens that are actually facing the audience, not the guitar tech!)

I think it very much depends who you're with. If you're with enthusiastic friends, or even people you've never met, you can have a great time on the barrier!

If you get stuck with someone who either continually whines or won't join in then very much less so.

I certainly felt my age exiting the venue! Ow.

EDIT: Did anyone see those selling knock-off merch? £5 hoodies :LOL:

I bet the hoods have already fallen off most of those hoodies!:LOL:

I had a bit of a mixed one on Saturday to be honest. The band and show were immense as always, but I think I picked the worst place to stand in the whole ground! We were to the left, nearish the left hand pavillion stand. and stood around a load of couples who were just standing there. I got funny looks for my Citizen Erased reaction!! Now my gf has reminded me that not everyone goes to gigs in the same way I do, and like watching the show etc. and she is right! im just not too happy with the fact I chose to stand where I did!!

Setlist was pretty ace, Glasto gig with some nice extras like B&H and TaB, both of which I was very pleased with. Gutted at seeing some previous setlists since I got back with Unintended starting first encore, I was convinced they'd play it.

Loved the visuals, the stage, the streamers (that got stuck on the lighting rig - funny!), the balls that bounced out rather than being popped.

Either way though, I still get another go on Saturday. Cant wait, atmosphere is always lost a bit in the Cricket ground so Wembley should be electric like last time. Hoping as its second night there'll be a few good setlist changes. and apparently a UFO from what you lot have been saying in here!

Getting out was a mess, and the only way to get back to town without major stress was walking, the toilet queues were a bit poor etc etc but if you go to LCCC for a gig to be honest all that comes with the territory. Not my fave ever Muse gig, but still better than most gigs! bring on Saturday......major excitement!

I can hear my friend shouting 'WE LOVE YOU!' at the beginning of this :LOL:

I only know its him cos i've got a video from Green Day and he shouts exactly the same thing.

He was in one of your queue pics actually, the boy behind you with spiky hair and a checked shirt :)

This one?:)

4960675641_ae9e52c03c.jpg

The gig was pretty damn awesome although my girlfriend collapsed during UD.. If your one of many people around who were really supportive and helped both myself and the paramedics to get her out then thanks very much.. you were amazing. We were at the left hand side of the crowd near the start of the stands away from the stage. Ive posted this already on muselive but thought id post here too.

Starlight onwards was heard from the first aid room round the back but from what i could hear it was an awesome gig. CE and B&H were immense.

I've just had a nap at work.

My passengers were terrified - and the ones who wanted to get off at Peterborough were furious!

;)

:LOL:

(I think) It's a bit tedious putting 'I think..' 'in my opinion' next to everything.

(I think) You should be able to pick out what people's opinions are.

I tend to find, though, that being clear that something I say is an opinion rather than stating it as fact may be long-winded but it generally means that I get into less LAPAs (aka long and pointless arguments) which is what this could easily become, so I will cease and desist. It doesn't, of course, preclude people from telling one that one is WRONG ON THE INTERNET! when their opinion is different to yours :chuckle: Clarity of communication and active listening-y stuff are among my hobbyhorses though, and as I said, I really did need a nap! lol.

I do also think that 'should' is one of the most damaging words in the English language, but that, again, is entirely off-topic for the thread :)

Well I can't speak for everyone but I chose to queue early so I could be at the front, not so I had to go to the toilet:p:p

Why do you have a problem with people queueing anyway? So many people here feel the need to comment on it! Makes no sense, doesn't affect you so why let it concern you? :erm:

Anyway, we had absolutely no problem, used the toilet at the end of the road several times and didn't need to queue for it once.

I don't have a problem with it. If you want to be at the very front row then fair enough. But people queuing all morning and then going to the toilet when the gates open, and ending up behind people who have only been queuing for an hour doesn't make any sense to me.:erm: Unless there is a good atmos in the queue?

I don't have a problem with it. If you want to be at the very front row then fair enough. But people queuing all morning and then going to the toilet when the gates open, and ending up behind people who have only been queuing for an hour doesn't make any sense to me.:erm: Unless there is a good atmos in the queue?

Oh see what you mean. Well I don't know anyone who queues all day then goes to the loo AFTER gates open.

I love the atmosphere in the queue, meeting up with friends and making new friends is half the fun for me.

:LOL:

I tend to find, though, that being clear that something I say is an opinion rather than stating it as fact may be long-winded but it generally means that I get into less LAPAs (aka long and pointless arguments) which is what this could easily become, so I will cease and desist. It doesn't, of course, preclude people from telling one that one is WRONG ON THE INTERNET! when their opinion is different to yours :chuckle: Clarity of communication and active listening-y stuff are among my hobbyhorses though, and as I said, I really did need a nap! lol.

I do also think that 'should' is one of the most damaging words in the English language, but that, again, is entirely off-topic for the thread :)

Well as it's bothering people I'll make my opinions sound more like opinions than facts.

Either way though, I still get another go on Saturday. Cant wait, atmosphere is always lost a bit in the Cricket ground so Wembley should be electric like last time. Hoping as its second night there'll be a few good setlist changes. and apparently a UFO from what you lot have been saying in here!

:eek: Lost? I don't know about anyone else, but where I was I've never experienced such a fantastic atmosphere at a gig!

Anyone know what attendance was?

Oh see what you mean. Well I don't know anyone who queues all day then goes to the loo AFTER gates open.

I love the atmosphere in the queue, meeting up with friends and making new friends is half the fun for me.

The Q atmosphere is the shiz... one of the best bits about gigging and queuing.

T'was a brilliant night! We queued from about 10am so were pretty dead by the end of the night! We originally wanted to queue at gate 5 to get on Matt's side but some steward told us we weren't allowed to, despite there being a load of people there already :erm: So we had to walk all the way round the stadium to gate 10 I think it was, but we ended up being one of the first gates let in, so we just legged it to Matt's side anyway :D Managed to get on the second row! And it truly was a spiffing night. Surprisingly, one of my highlights was the streamers during Guiding Light :LOL: The timing of them was just so epic :happy: Obviously I was also extremely happy to hear B&H and CE after wanting to hear them both live for the past 4 years :p

All I can say now is bring on Wembley! :D

THAT WAS YOU?! :awesome: I heard you say that and I think I grinned and/or nodded at you :D That would make you the first boardie I have ever met!

Oh yay, I just managed to get the top of my head into this photo :chuckle:

Hee hee! I also shouted "I love your shiny suit!". He probably didn't hear a word though, way up on that stage! Aw, I'm glad we sort of met!! Madzip was just in front of me to the right a bit (blonde lady), so you were near another boardie there.:D

this gig was awesome, however I noticed a few people around me getting annoyed at the mosh pits to certain songs. If you were among these people I fully apolgise and regret and negative feeling I caused at the gig. x

I think Matt approved of the mosh pits. Did you see him point and thank people at the end?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QkzJXDQPmc

Still got one more entire video to upload but these last few are just bits and pieces (for which I make no apology, a girl needs to join in too ya know:D).

Ace video! Mine didn't upload in the same high quality although they're much better/less pixelated on my computer. Do you have to do anything special to get them to upload in decent quality?

Hey!

Just surfaced after sleeping most of yesterday....

Mixed reviews from peeps after the gig. I had an awesome time. Qing from 7am with Pip, Paula (Shinybee), Maria the Mad greek, Emma (Rooby Gloom), Vee (NumeroUno) and Susie... awesome ladies, simply awesome.

The security and event staff on our side (Gate 5) were really good, chatty and quite helpful. Tim, the supervisor, kept everyone in order and wouldn't take any shit from people who thought about pushing in and then kept everyone calm whilst loading everyone in to the ticket gates.. pity a few of the lanes had scanner that didn't work which meant some of us that had queued hours before some of the others didn't get away first but hey, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Managed to get barrier infront of Matt, crowd were a bit rough but once I stopped trying to fight it and go with it a little I had a much better time.

Not the best Muse gig I have been too, Tinmuff still holds that award, as I thought the stage was too high, though I undertand why, didnt get to see Dom or Chris much at all. The crown were a bit rough, particularly one guy who was absolutely determined to squeeze into a none existant space inbetween me and the girl on my right - he got quite a few elbows in his ribs. Got kicked in the head 3 times from people being pulled out and one guy who literally threw himself out without warning.

Didn't see any of the platform action and I didn't think the sound quality was that good.

Had a fantastic view of Matt for most of the night, really liked the set list - particularly CE and Matt's 'Anyone here from the message boards' Q lots of screamng and waving... Citizenerased.com :LOL:

Really looking forward to Friday... will chill by the sound desk so I can take some photos and vids, it was impossible on Saturday.

All in all a great time, love Muse gigs because of the people you meet almost as much as watching Muse.

Thanks for making sure we were all at the right gate!! It was great to meet you :D

Red protesters tshirt an a grey tshirt with an owl/skull design on it.How can anyone condone throwing missiles at people???Though aimed at people upon others shoulders the object will just as easy hit or land on someone else.

I want those t-shirts. Hope they're in the shop soon.

Archived