Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

:yesey:

anyone sing along to feeling good? :LOL:

Actually from where we were, people sang a lot louder to HORS intro than feeling good! quite a lot of people around where we were just stood there during FG... I just used it as a cigarette break.

Thank you hon :kiss:

No, they'd only have seen half the banner because some little twat cut it down at one end because he didn't 'Want to be associated with THAT'!:LOL::LOL:

If all the people I'm queueing with at Wembley on Friday make it to the barrier together (I got split up from my friends at the LCCC due to the scanner at my gate, at which I was first, not working :( ) the banner will go up and STAY up!:D

That's if security allow it of course, they were a bit iffy about it initially at the LCCC as they said it would interfere with them pulling people over. As it happened, nobody was pulled over there:)

If we aren't allowed to tie it to the barrier I'll keep it tied around my waist then pass it along at some point and we'll just hold it up during a song when Matt is at the front of the stage;)

I hate it when you get the shakes coz of arm ache!:stunned:

Great video :happy:

some one cut it down what a tit just wear it as a dress they cant take of you then :LOL::LOL:

Have finally recovered enough to write about my experiences, I'm not as young as I used to be...

My friend and I came up from London to watch them, having originally booked tickets for Wembley, and then finding out 7 months ago that another friend had booked her wedding in Ireland for the same weekend. This is when Musebay came into its own as we managed to swap our tickets with someone from Manchester who had the same thing happen to her. Still gutted I can't go to Wembley, but at least I got to see them, and exactly a year on from the Teignmouth gig I went to. 5 Muse gigs in one year, not bad!

Our day started off well, smooth train journey, our hotel (the Radisson Edwardian) was amazing, we even had a wetroom! Managed to get an early check-in as well and made our way to the LCCC via Sainsbury's for some supplies. Got to the queue at about noon. There were quite a lot of people there already, and there was a lovely friendly atmosphere (Adriana, if you're reading this: hi! Sorry we lost you during the gig!), made even better by the X-FM chaps going around and making people dance for badges and towels. We didn't need to dance, we just fluttered our eyelashes.

Gates opened at 4, and luckily our stream wasn't one of the ones where the scanners didn't work. We did need the loo really badly though, so went there first and then managed to get a spot about 10 people back Matt-side, with relatively easy access to the bar and the toilets. Especially for people near us who weren't me, as they navigated their way back to my red hair. What was it somebody said about that yesterday? You can all thank me later!

The toilet situation deserves a special mention, and not in a good way: whose idea was it to put the toilets and food stands right next to each other with no barriers to guide people, so that people who thought they were queueing for a burger ended up in the toilet queue and vice-versa? Badly organised! Also, not enough toilets, especially outside. When I went to see Muse in Nijmegen there were a bar, a merchandise stand and at least 30 toilets outside, here we got a guy going around with ice-lollies, some ladies selling programmes and 4 portaloos? Again, lacking in organisation! Plus they could have sold a fortune worth of vodka-jelly shots...

But back to the good stuff: Pulled Apart By Horses came on slightly earlier than we were expecting, and were very entertaining. Liked the music, felt the singer's vocals could do with a bit of work, but he knew how to get the crowd going. He made us all laugh by trying to go down the catwalk and then realising why Matt uses wireless, as the cable plugged into his guitar was too short. He did some sort of weird caterpillar move down the catwalk that was very funny as well.

Band Of Skulls were very good, very beardy too. Well, the guys were beardy, not the girl. Though we all decided she would probably grow one if she could. They are not really a stadium band though, I'd like to see them in a smaller venue. I think they're playing London soon so will check them out here.

Editors I love, so they obviously went down well with us. My friend is possibly an ever bigger Editors than Muse fan, so she was in 7th heaven by that stage, and I was pretty chuffed myself. We made enough noise to attract the attention of the guitarist anyway, so I have some nice photos of him looking right in the camera. He's a very attractive lad, I think I've developed a bit of a crush... This was also when we realised that our section of the crowd was quite lively, and that when Muse came on it would probably be mayhem!

Then, after a bit of a singalong to the songs being played on the PA, it was finally time for Muse! It all went by in a mad rush for me, was really pleased they played Butterflies & Hurricanes, as it had been a while since I'd heard that and I love the songs where Matt plays both guitar and piano. Had a giggle at Matt's citizenerased.com moment and of course enjoyed them playing that. Our section of the crowd seemed intent on moshing to everything that was even remotely bouncy, which was great, though by the time the encores started I didn't think I could stand up anymore, only to find myself starting to join in again anyway for the sheer pleasure of the songs. Particular highs were Exogenesis (which they didn't play in Nijmegen) despite the lack of UFO, the massive singalong during Feeling Good (by the way I love the song and don't get the hate, but I do think your sign is hilarious, Pip!), managing to touch a balloon for the very first time during Plug In Baby and grinning so hard during Knights of Cydonia that my face felt numb! I also saw Matt doing something at the back of Dom's neck after it finished and wondered what he was doing, but missed the Great Unzipping. Shame, that would have been funny to watch!

But the whole gig was amazing, and I'm sure everyone going to Wembley will have a fantastic time. Oh how I wish I could be there...

It's a shame the aftermath was slightly marred by the nightmare of trying to get on a tram (or any kind of transport). I don't know why it was so bad, surely with the football and cricket going on there they must be used to huge crowds trying to get home? The whole experience was a joke, but the next day trying to get back to London was even worse, when signalling problems meant we sat on a train outside Milton Keynes for ages, after having been swapped from the fast train which couldn't travel any further. Finally got into Euston with a 3 hour delay having had to sit on the floor as there weren't enough seats. Still, it was all worth it!

Here are some photos I took:

People in the queue at 12.30

57981_468742755086_645705086_6463083_895669_n.jpg

A creative solution for resting your head

58813_468743010086_645705086_6463088_3162878_n.jpg

the very chirpy singer of Pulled Apart By Horses

58991_468743515086_645705086_6463103_2240374_n.jpg

Band Of Skulls

40988_468744050086_645705086_6463132_8079582_n.jpg

Editors' Chris (yum!)

47851_468745870086_645705086_6463228_1713464_n.jpg

Editors' Tom and Russell

59290_468745815086_645705086_6463225_4440131_n.jpg

Muse!

41221_468748380086_645705086_6463342_5257423_n.jpg

41352_468747780086_645705086_6463316_7577324_n.jpg

47167_468748800086_645705086_6463353_112151_n.jpg

47765_468748690086_645705086_6463350_6609413_n.jpg

57959_468748840086_645705086_6463354_1191911_n.jpg

58638_468748115086_645705086_6463330_2609391_n.jpg

46904_468749390086_645705086_6463366_858487_n.jpg

Just before throwing the Glitterati

46669_468749450086_645705086_6463368_5912553_n.jpg

And me broken back at the hotel

57974_468749660086_645705086_6463376_492455_n.jpg

The toilet situation deserves a special mention, and not in a good way: whose idea was it to put the toilets and food stands right next to each other with no barriers to guide people, so that people who thought they were queueing for a burger ended up in the toilet queue and vice-versa? Badly organised! Also, not enough toilets, especially outside. When I went to see Muse in Nijmegen there were a bar, a merchandise stand and at least 30 toilets outside, here we got a guy going around with ice-lollies, some ladies selling programmes and 4 portaloos? Again, lacking in organisation! Plus they could have sold a fortune worth of vodka-jelly shots...

Oh dear god...the loo situation was hell on earth. I joined one queue, but was told that there was another, shorter, queue elsewhere. After finding another long queue, a girl came past and told us there was another, better, queue a bit further down. After scoping this out, she was right (so thank you, whoever you were) and a few of us joined this queue, which only took about 5 minutes. I was still gone from my spot for about half an hour though (and I really needed to go before I went to find the loo queue! :$).

I don't understand why people chose to queue all morning so that they had to go to the toilet as soon as gates opened.

I went for a pint at 2:30 at the Man Utd pub to make me piss before I started queuing and joined the queue at about 3.00. I was in one of the turnstiles that was held up by a broken scanner but we were still able to get very close to the front barrier (if we wanted to). In the end we chose to stand a bit further back because the stage was very high.

I really liked it :happy:

Listen to 'Resistance' at the start of the 'The Resistance' tour where Matt uses a metal slider - sounds soo much better.

I don't understand why people chose to queue all morning so that they had to go to the toilet as soon as gates opened.

I went for a pint at 2:30 at the Man Utd pub to make me piss before I started queuing and joined the queue at about 3.00. I was in one of the turnstiles that was held up by a broken scanner but we were still able to get very close to the front barrier (if we wanted to). In the end we chose to stand a bit further back because the stage was very high.

I know. I make no particular effort to get a good spot but always find myself with a good spot.

I have been to the barrier once before and didn't enjoy it, you're so squashed you can't jump around or anything. Plus you don't get the buzz that you're amongst so many people being at the front. And you can't see any of the visuals, which for this tour makes up a considerable amount of the overall show.

Listen to 'Resistance' at the start of the 'The Resistance' tour where Matt uses a metal slider - sounds soo much better.

It sounds soo much better *to you.*

Wish this board had a guide on how to avoid making opinions look like facts.

ETA Sorry, this isn't a personal attack, just a build-up of annoyance about how easy it is to state opinion so it looks like opinion, and how often it doesn't bloody happen on here.

Did anyone go "SIA!" during USoE? Me and my friend were the only one doing it :p

Erm, I think you'll find you and your friend were not the only people doing it.

I was really happy to meet Pip and Catherine, who were at the barrier in front of me :)

Hope you guys had a great time too :)

Had a great time! :kiss: :kiss:

we Q'd with Pip she's a legend!

As are you! Really looking forward to seeing you later this week, we share a very similar sense of humour! :kiss:

BTW Pip i love your videos they're great :D

cheers

Awesome videos thanks a lot for posting them!!!!!

You're both welcome:)

They're all in a playlist HERE

Actually from where we were, people sang a lot louder to HORS intro than feeling good! quite a lot of people around where we were just stood there during FG... I just used it as a cigarette break.

I used it to take pics!:D

some one cut it down what a tit just wear it as a dress they cant take of you then

:awesome:

Well I can't speak for everyone but I chose to queue early so I could be at the front, not so I had to go to the toilet:p:p

Why do you have a problem with people queueing anyway? So many people here feel the need to comment on it! Makes no sense, doesn't affect you so why let it concern you? :erm:

Anyway, we had absolutely no problem, used the toilet at the end of the road several times and didn't need to queue for it once.

ETA Sorry, this isn't a personal attack, just a build-up of annoyance about how easy it is to state opinion so it looks like opinion, and how often it doesn't bloody happen on here.

Simples.. just put IMO after something which is in your opinion... 'sounds soo much better IMO'

Simples.. just put IMO after something which is in your opinion... 'sounds soo much better IMO'

or 'soo much better to me' or 'you might like it as much as I do' or something equally cheery and less friggin' know-it-all sounding.

I clearly need a nap...

How bloody awful are Monday-back-to-work-after-Muse-gig-on-the-weekend-blues? :(

Luckily I'm not in today...haven't managed to do the hoovering yet though, which I really do need to do at some point today! :LOL:

I'm only in work tomorrow and Wednesday, so I'm hoping it'll be OK for me.

Finally managed to get my arse in gear and upload some pics...

P1010057.jpg Pip having a rest....

P1010065.jpg Me and Ruby Gloom

P1010056.jpg Mad Maria the Greek!

P1010058.jpg Are you here?

P1010064.jpg Not very impressed with PABH

P1010072.jpg Omnomnomnom

P1010081.jpg a bit shaky...

You and Emma look so cute in that mother/daughter pic!:happy:

you're so squashed you can't jump around or anything. Plus you don't get the buzz that you're amongst so many people being at the front.

Nonsense:p You can still have a great time with friends on the barrier.

You and Emma look so cute in that mother/daughter pic!:happy:

Nonsense:p You can still have a great time with friends on the barrier.

We have that pic taken at every gig.. only problem is I can see the ageing... the first one was at Manchester 2006... only 4 years but :eek: Emma is almost grown up, despite the fact her mars tee still fits, she was only 11 on the first one... I think its on my FB page.

It's a ritual now...

(I think) It's a bit tedious putting 'I think..' 'in my opinion' next to everything.

(I think) You should be able to pick out what people's opinions are.

Archived