Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

No need to apologize, if you can't handle it don't be in the pit at a rock concert. (Meaning them not you.) :LOL:

as much as I agree with you mate, I know Muse have quite the fanbase who go far forward or whatever and still chill. Ive taken worse punishment at Muse than even the pill heads at Pendulum.

great pics and vids as usaul i cant believe people had a problem with the banner what the hell is wrong with them oh did matt see it by the way you have prob already said if he had or not

Thank you hon :kiss:

No, they'd only have seen half the banner because some little twat cut it down at one end because he didn't 'Want to be associated with THAT'!:LOL::LOL:

If all the people I'm queueing with at Wembley on Friday make it to the barrier together (I got split up from my friends at the LCCC due to the scanner at my gate, at which I was first, not working :( ) the banner will go up and STAY up!:D

That's if security allow it of course, they were a bit iffy about it initially at the LCCC as they said it would interfere with them pulling people over. As it happened, nobody was pulled over there:)

If we aren't allowed to tie it to the barrier I'll keep it tied around my waist then pass it along at some point and we'll just hold it up during a song when Matt is at the front of the stage;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ckJR-s2rgQ

Sorry it is a bit (lot) shaky but i had to hold my camera quite high up and my arms were killing me :LOL:

I hate it when you get the shakes coz of arm ache!:stunned:

Great video :happy:

Hey!

Just surfaced after sleeping most of yesterday....

Mixed reviews from peeps after the gig. I had an awesome time. Qing from 7am with Pip, Paula (Shinybee), Maria the Mad greek, Emma (Rooby Gloom), Vee (NumeroUno) and Susie... awesome ladies, simply awesome.

The security and event staff on our side (Gate 5) were really good, chatty and quite helpful. Tim, the supervisor, kept everyone in order and wouldn't take any shit from people who thought about pushing in and then kept everyone calm whilst loading everyone in to the ticket gates.. pity a few of the lanes had scanner that didn't work which meant some of us that had queued hours before some of the others didn't get away first but hey, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Managed to get barrier infront of Matt, crowd were a bit rough but once I stopped trying to fight it and go with it a little I had a much better time.

Not the best Muse gig I have been too, Tinmuff still holds that award, as I thought the stage was too high, though I undertand why, didnt get to see Dom or Chris much at all. The crown were a bit rough, particularly one guy who was absolutely determined to squeeze into a none existant space inbetween me and the girl on my right - he got quite a few elbows in his ribs. Got kicked in the head 3 times from people being pulled out and one guy who literally threw himself out without warning.

Didn't see any of the platform action and I didn't think the sound quality was that good.

Had a fantastic view of Matt for most of the night, really liked the set list - particularly CE and Matt's 'Anyone here from the message boards' Q lots of screamng and waving... Citizenerased.com :LOL:

Really looking forward to Friday... will chill by the sound desk so I can take some photos and vids, it was impossible on Saturday.

All in all a great time, love Muse gigs because of the people you meet almost as much as watching Muse.

Is there going to be a northerner Muser meet any time soon? I've always meant to go to one, but never got around to doing so D:

Still buzzing from the gig. Finally trawled through my pictures and videos that I took. Not as good as the videos you guys took (I was RIGHT at the very back of the seating area, opposite the stage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jraxh9esH9U

I haven't read many posts, but I seem to have a had a completely different expreience to most folk on here.

I got the bus through to Glasgow from Edinburgh and met my friend, and then we set off on the bus from Glasgow at 11am. We got into Manchester at 4pm, so queuing wasn't a possibility (I can't be arsed anyway). So we were two very lost Scots in the middle of Manchester trying to find out how to get to our hotel. Thanks to lots of very helpful people (including the nicest bus driver in the world), we managed to get a tram and a bus to our hotel.

We then got changed and set off for Old Trafford. Fortunately, our tram was so far out of town that we had it to ourselves most of the way untill Piccadilly. When we got to Old Trafford we gorged down a burger and some chips and went in just as Editors were coming on. We were pretty near the front...ish. Obviously, we hadn't queued so weren't going to be at the barrier or anything, but we were pretty far forward. Editors were meh, but it was ok because of the smell of pot everywhere :LOL:

So we chilled for half an hour, getting very excited. When they came on, me and my pal went ape shit. But nobody around us seemed to. Then they launched into Uprising, I gave a giddy scream and started going a bit mental, jumping up and down. But again, nobody around me seemed to. They just kind of nodded their heads. Perplexed, I carried on with gusto anyway. I had travelled for hours and hunners of miles, so I was going to have as good a time as possible. This was the general feeling for the first few songs, so me and my pal decided to move a bit further forward. We got a good 10-15 metres or something closer, but the crowd were still all damp squibs. Marginally more exciting, clapping along to songs etc, but me and my pal were just like 'Fuck it, we will dance about anyway'.

As for Muse themselves, they were fucking incredible, but you will all know that. For the fourth time I've seen them, this was the best they've been, hands down. When they started playing Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Citizen Erased, I just about shat my pants. The podium for the jam, UD and Take a Bow was just amazing. Matt's suit and shades....fabulous, haha. It was just fucking insanely good.

Shame about the crowd though. Even as far forward as we were, they didn't get remotely going untill Plug in Baby. I have read people saying they were getting crushed etc, but I can only assume that is because you all queued and were RIGHT at the front. My first experience of an English crowd was dissapointing. I was probably about the same distance back when I went to TITP a couple of years ago to see RATM, and I was trapped in a mosh pit of burley men that time. I just couldn't believe how boring everyone around me was being. Just kind of nodding their heads or clapping their hands. Fortunately, my friend and I are just goofy enough to not care, and also safe in the knowledge we wouldn't know a soul, so danced around like loons and had the time of our lives regardless.

It was my friends first Muse gig, and she said 'It was the most awe-inspiring, epic thing I've ever seen in my life'. Good review, I reckon. For me (a veteran, pah!), it was the best I've ever seen them. Stunning. And the best setlist, too. Maybe disspointing that Bliss or Space Dementia and anything from Showbiz didn't get played, but we got CE and B&H to make up for it.

Just can't get over how shit and un-enthused the crowd were.

Getting home wasn't too bad for us, to be honest. Through expreience at packed gigs and football matches etc before, I knew we had to be fleet of foot and not take any prisoners getting through the crowds. As soon as KoC finished, I grabbed my friends hand and started for the gate. We managed to worm our way through pretty successfully, and only really got into queues just at the gate itself, and the epic one waiting for a tram. I think we got our tram at about 11pm. Had time to go and get some munch from the Spar at Piccadilly Gardens (incidentally, the biggest Spar I have ever seen in my puff), and got our tram towards Bury without too much trouble. We had an epic walk to look forward to back to our hotel, as buses weren't running, but happened upon a taxi, again, with a really friendly driver. Nice bus drivers and kindly taxi drivers just do not happen in Edinburgh, we were bowled over by how nice everyone was.

So all in all, a fabby day. Cracking gig, best I've seen. Just a pity about the crowd. Oh well, we had a blast anyway!!

Archived