Are you going?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going?

I have to say great gig Muse thanks so much it was brilliant.

The Crowd- where were you? Yes you were there in number but that has to be one of the flattest crowds I have ever been part of. At the front there was hardly anything. I was unlucky to need the toilet so had to lose my place in Editors , I came back and had to make do with a side place. I thought this would be okay because there would still be movement. The gig started and I couldn't believe it. There was one bloke constantly sizing up a photo on an Slr , loads of people with phones in the air and it was static!

Where was there any of the spirit that you get in the indoor gigs with hardcore Muse fans going absolutely nuts?!

I've been listening 8/9 years and can't believe how most of the people didn't know anything before Absolution or Blackholes. There wasn't much crowd singing it was embarrassing.

Please don't get offended when someone like me who isn't willing to stand behind some happy clapper/snapper or someone with a backpack on comes bursting through.

Come on guys , I know a lot of you aren't responsible for such a bad crowd , it's probably the ones who have only just bought the resistance and listen to Uprising on repeat.

Loved the balloon scrap as always , I have enough to make up one whole of the big balloons now I think!

Also I'm one of the tall annoying ones , I can't help it :)

Well done Muse!!!

The Crowd- where were you? Yes you were there in number but that has to be one of the flattest crowds I have ever been part of. At the front there was hardly anything. I was unlucky to need the toilet so had to lose my place in Editors , I came back and had to make do with a side place. I thought this would be okay because there would still be movement. The gig started and I couldn't believe it. There was one bloke constantly sizing up a photo on an Slr , loads of people with phones in the air and it was static!

Where was there any of the spirit that you get in the indoor gigs with hardcore Muse fans going absolutely nuts?!

I've been listening 8/9 years and can't believe how most of the people didn't know anything before Absolution or Blackholes. There wasn't much crowd singing it was embarrassing.

Please don't get offended when someone like me who isn't willing to stand behind some happy clapper/snapper or someone with a backpack on comes bursting through.

Come on guys , I know a lot of you aren't responsible for such a bad crowd , it's probably the ones who have only just bought the resistance and listen to Uprising on repeat.

Loved the balloon scrap as always , I have enough to make up one whole of the big balloons now I think!

Well done Muse!!!

The crowd last night were mental :wtf:

Well done Muse!!!

I have to say that I thought that the crowd was a bit flat at times. I was with people who didn't know Unnatural Selection. Not enough singing and it wasn't crushed enough.

At the arena gigs at times your feet don't touch the ground for 30 seconds because of all the jumping.

I'm going to try at get right near the front for the Wembley gig in hope that the crowd is more mental.

:awesome:

and...

Matt's suit is SO SHINY OMG. :eek:

Yes that was our 1st thought when he came on stage :wtf: did he polish his suit of something because it is really shiny... at least it was easy to spot him on stage from the back :LOL:

Ah funness, we were just in front of a mosh pit. So much fun having people fall on you all night :rolleyes:

we stayed well cleared of the mosh pit... this guy arrived next to us before uprising with 2 goblets of beer just before uprising started and i thought "those are gonna fly in about 10 seconds" when it all kicked in and we started jumping he looked horrified and left pretty quickly :LOL:

This was my fourth Muse gig and as an avid fan I knew it would be great. I enjoyed the setlist, the music was fantastic and the special effects were spectacular. (I enjoyed the support acts, too.)

However, I thought the organisation of the event at the LCCC was far below the usual standard for Muse concerts. It made me realize, and appreciate, how well-co-ordinated the organisation at the MEN Arena, Wembley Stadium and the O2 Arena had been in previous years. I was concerned about the risk of crushing. And the queue for the toilets was ridiculously long and poorly managed.

I and my friend did not feel comfortable with the general atmosphere of the crowd - and that's never been the case before. We had no trouble finding seats; we would have felt very vulnerable had we been standing. We felt uneasy at the low number of stewards and security staff that we could see inside the ground. We witnessed inappropriate behaviour by several bad-mannered (and very, very drunk) individuals. They did not seem to be the usual good-natured, like-minded fans that we've met in the past. I wonder if it was the "Twilight" effect...

Of course, these people were a small minority but they did spoil things for me. Perhaps I should have got tickets for Wembley next week...

I've just got back, and had an amazing time. Met a load of people too! :D My pictures are on my Facebook. Most of them are the standard blur, although these few seemed quite good:

58586_492842409195_711129195_6917075_6645354_n.jpg

58586_492842414195_711129195_6917076_86886_n.jpg

Also, typo error!

58245_492842874195_711129195_6917097_2605436_n.jpg

Finally, me and *OoS* infront of the stage :)

59454_492849519195_711129195_6917196_1709258_n.jpg

Now, I need to make sure I meet up with people next week!

I have to say that I thought that the crowd was a bit flat at times. I was with people who didn't know Unnatural Selection. Not enough singing and it wasn't crushed enough.

At the arena gigs at times your feet don't touch the ground for 30 seconds because of all the jumping.

I'm going to try at get right near the front for the Wembley gig in hope that the crowd is more mental.

Yes Hoodoo I think Wembley might be better but I have done Birmingham twice 2003 and another one , Earls Court , Wembley ,Sheffield and this one and this had to be the worst crowd by a male. I think the Sheffield one last year was pretty good!! That and Earls court for me I reckon. At the end of the day if people think they are just going to stand there with a coffee or taking pictures right down the front you have another thing coming. If you want to do this , stand further back. I was having to jump in my own little space behind people who had come just to stand totally still.

However, I thought the organisation of the event at the LCCC was far below the usual standard for Muse concerts. It made me realize, and appreciate, how well-co-ordinated the organisation at the MEN Arena, Wembley Stadium and the O2 Arena had been in previous years. I was concerned about the risk of crushing. And the queue for the toilets was ridiculously long and poorly managed.

I and my friend did not feel comfortable with the general atmosphere of the crowd - and that's never been the case before. We had no trouble finding seats; we would have felt very vulnerable had we been standing. We felt uneasy at the low number of stewards and security staff that we could see inside the ground. We witnessed inappropriate behaviour by several bad-mannered (and very, very drunk) individuals. They did not seem to be the usual good-natured, like-minded fans that we've met in the past.

Completely agree. I am putting a complaint in writing to the ground managers.

Security were useless and refused to pull out the drunken idiots that pushed my 14 year old sister over and almost had fisticuffs with my Grandad.

Personally the gig was ruined for me- I saved up to pay for the tickets for us all last year and have had the excitement build for a year. Never thought I'd be holding back tears during uprising while my little sister tried to make sure I was okay.

Give me the Poland crush over that shitty crowd any day.

Worried about Wembley now.

I'm ruthlessly selfish when it comes to queueing early and not leaving the gig early! If my friends don't like it then that is fine, they can queue later on their own but for Muse I will always do what I want to do!:LOL::LOL:

:yesey:

Im a stickler for getting places early as well, I usually end up stood on my own as well, folk always seem to want to go pee/eat/do somethign that involves losing your spot and Im like, Ive not drank ALL DAY so I dont need to move. Il meet you later

Also, we must have been stood pretty close to each other as well, good spot there, I had such a clear view

Also that video is amaziiing, that poor guitar D:

the shiny suit is super-dooper shiny from way back :yesey:

I was in a relatively knob-free area, and there may not have been a huge amount of jumping about except for me and the 3 women who joined me near the end of the main set (thanks for that if you're on here, it's hard to not feel a bit of a pillock headbanging more or less on one's own in a crowd of shitloads) but there were big smiles and cheers and the VOLUME for FG was immense. The only really minging thing we encountered was dh nearly standing in a squished banana on our way to the sound desk afterwards :chuckle:

we stayed well cleared of the mosh pit... this guy arrived next to us before uprising with 2 goblets of beer just before uprising started and i thought "those are gonna fly in about 10 seconds" when it all kicked in and we started jumping he looked horrified and left pretty quickly :LOL:

:LOL:

the shiny suit is super-dooper shiny from way back :yesey:

I was in a relatively knob-free area, and there may not have been a huge amount of jumping about except for me and the 3 women who joined me near the end of the main set (thanks for that if you're on here, it's hard to not feel a bit of a pillock headbanging more or less on one's own in a crowd of shitloads) but there were big smiles and cheers and the VOLUME for FG was immense. The only really minging thing we encountered was dh nearly standing in a squished banana on our way to the sound desk afterwards :chuckle:

Eww, nothing worse than a squished banana! Though the other day I saw a mass of cereal, milk, and strawberry mush on the stairs...

4961302868_5d6dd8d485.jpg

:eyebrows:

The crowd last night were mental :wtf:

They were a little static where we were (but we were a fair distance back) yet it was still a good crowd. People were singing along with everything!

So sorry to hear that some people had bad experiences though :(

I've just got back, and had an amazing time. Met a load of people too! :D My pictures are on my Facebook. Most of them are the standard blur, although these few seemed quite good:

Finally, me and *OoS* infront of the stage :)

59454_492849519195_711129195_6917196_1709258_n.jpg

Nice picture :)

They were a little static where we were (but we were a fair distance back) yet it was still a good crowd. People were singing along with everything!

So sorry to hear that some people had bad experiences though :(

Nice picture :)

Thanks! I've heard mostly good things, my main hate of the night were the people on other people's shoulder. Although they did get rightfully bottled! By both myself and others :LOL:

Although they did get rightfully bottled! By both myself and others :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Were you close to the front on Matt's side of the stage?

About 5 feet to my left there was a 18/19 looking guy on somebody's shoulders for about 5 minutes, millions and millions of bottles from all over the arena just flying at him :p Was so hilarious

Thanks! I've heard mostly good things, my main hate of the night were the people on other people's shoulder. Although they did get rightfully bottled! By both myself and others :LOL:

It's just so fucking rude. "I can't see very well, so I'll get on my mates shoulders so that I can block other peoples views instead :awesome:" Got so much beef with people who do that. There were a few parents with kids who were doing that, and whilst it's slightly more understandable with kids, it's still blocking peoples views and it's dangerous for the kid too! Saw some guy with his little boy on his shoulders right in the middle of the pit, ffs :stunned:

It's just so fucking rude. "I can't see very well, so I'll get on my mates shoulders so that I can block other peoples views instead :awesome:" Got so much beef with people who do that. There were a few parents with kids who were doing that, and whilst it's slightly more understandable with kids, it's still blocking peoples views and it's dangerous for the kid too! Saw some guy with his little boy on his shoulders right in the middle of the pit, ffs :stunned:

i found your outburst at that so funny! i didn't know you had so much rage :LOL:

Archived